Somalia pollution deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.
_98395251_chart_top_10_pollution_countries-nc.png

_98395252_chart_bottom_10_pollution_countries-nc.png

Its basically a tie with Bangladesh.

Somalia is victim to behaviour violence and structural violence.

Behaviour is when you act out of xoolonimo and kill someone.

Structural is the scary one, it’s benign and happens with poor governance and weak institutions. Just look at the structural violence caused by poorly managed drought relief and land management.

Structural violence caused by incompetence and lack of empathy contributes significantly to these deaths.

@Yonis

Pollution deaths include lung cancer, fatal asthma attacks (there are no puffers over there), heart attacks, etc. These types of deaths are possibly extremely high but because there are no diagnoses and autopsies over there and because when someone dies, you just say "his time has come.. now bury him", we will never know the true picture.

Charcoal and camel farts probably contribute to almost all of the air pollution.

What are pollution deaths? :westbrookwtf:

Includes sanitation and poor hygiene. Air isn’t bad in Somalia it’s the water that will bury you.

We build outhouses next to water wells, the soil underground cross contaminates and you get people getting incredibly sick. People started buying water tanks for homes, but many can’t afford them.

This is another form of Structural violence.

But no, let’s blame Santa clause.

Included sanitation and poor hygiene.

We build outhouses next to water wells, the soil underground cross contaminates and you get people getting incredibly sick. People started buying water tanks for homes, but many can’t afford them.

This is another form of Structural violence.

But no, let’s blame Santa clause.

Do the outhouses have septic tanks, or are they just pits in the ground?

Do the outhouses have septic tanks, or are they just pits in the ground?

Septic tanks aren’t even in government buildings.

Somalia has 10kms of combined underground sewage pipes, it’s a start but we have along way to go, and which poor city planning and unregulated builders everywhere who don’t follow any codes because there are none; the next generation will inherit the biggest cluster f*ck of a underground utility planning. It’s like building a safe from the inside out; you’ll lock yourself in.

The Embassies and even major offices in Xamaar use cheap Chinese Systems. Similar designs to temporary camps sites in oil/gas lodges. I don’t even know where the poop goes and who sucks it out and where they take it since there’s no processing plants.

Sheer Structural Violence. :ileycry:

Septic tanks aren’t even in government buildings.

Somalia has 10kms of combined underground sewage pipes, it’s a start but we have along way to go, and which poor city planning and unregulated builders everywhere who don’t follow any codes because there are none; the next generation will inherit the biggest cluster f*ck of a underground utility planning. It’s like building a safe from the inside out; you’ll lock yourself in.

The Embassies and even major offices in Xamaar use cheap Chinese Systems. Similar designs to temporary camps sites in oil/gas lodges. I don’t even know where the poop goes and who sucks it out and where they take it since there’s no processing plants.

Sheer Structural Violence. :ileycry:

Dw I got this mudane.

I'm starting with a small civil contractor this week. I will provide all solve all your drainage, subdivision, and pavement woes. Hit us up in 5 years though.

When you say pollution, I think you mean water contamination. The air in Somalia is one of the best (although even that is starting to change with the deforestation and more cars).

I'm more concerned about the toxic waste dumping and illegal fishing on our coastline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts