Somalia Parliament passes new the Immigration Bill

Puntland and Somaliland will never recognize such a thing and they have the right to not recognize such a thing, one might as well tell Jews that ethnicity passes through the father.

This bill will either get shot down in the senate and permanently ruin reunification

Somaliland already allows this, which is why there are non-ethnic Somalis with SL citizenship.

Article 4: Conferment of citizenship on a person who is an alien or a refugee

Any alien or refugee who is lawfully resident in the territory of Somaliland and who applies for Somaliland citizenship may be granted such citizenship when he fulfils the following conditions:

• He must be an adult.[23]
  • He must have resided lawfully in the territory of Somaliland for an unbroken period of no less than 10 years.
  • He must be known for his good character and behaviour.
  • He must not have been subject of a sentence for an offence proven in a court, and must not have participated in activities which were contrary to the sovereignty of Somaliland.
  • He must have been taxpayer during his period of residence in the territory of Somaliland.
  • He must submit a declaration in which he is renouncing his previous citizenship, and must, at the same time, make the oath set out in Article 6 of this Law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somaliland_nationality_law#By_grant

If your problem is with Somali mothers getting nationality for their foreign father having children. NEWSFLASH:

Plenty of you Somalis are from lineages that aren't Somali to begin with. The only reason you became Somali is because your female ancestor was Somali and then your father got adopted into her Somali clan. Check your DNA with 23andMe before you start ranting and raving.
Those of you with Semitic, Oromo, Bantu etc, haplogroups aren't even ethnic Somalis paternally. Your male ancestor is a Somali NATIONAL and it's thanks to the Somali mothers who bore you that you can even claim to be Somali.

That man you mentioned is in Xalane practically it’s own country however that land will be taken back once it closes. What chinese factory you talking about? heard there is a chinese in Garowe who got a license to export correct me if im wrong however they built a tuna factory in Somaliland that one is owned by Somalis. Regarding foreigners being allowed to vote isnt that what this bill is advocating for? So the ones u try call out might just be against the bill?

The fear some of you got i dont see Somalis allowing foreigners to take over we dont even sell land to people that are not from the same clan and during Siyad barre time was alot half italians and hindus & yemenies who are nowhere to be found. We wont turn into Uganda letting Indians run our cities so dont worry.

Foreigners run things in Somalia already. Ethiopia and Kenya do what they want and the political party in charge now, wants to force Somalia into a marriage with the East African Block. There are foreigners who own large plots of land and they are in deals with locals who make sure they are 'protected'.

The real power is in retaining land and refusing to sell to foreigners, but I wonder when Somalis will realise this.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Neither Kenya nor Ethiopia is careful about Somali influx you can buy their passport rn if you wish.
You mean to tell me kenya that are scared of the rising somali population in their country, the same country that tried to build a wall between somalia and kenya aren't cearfull about somali influx into their country? Tell me exactly where in ethiopia other than somali galbeed can somali settle in ethiopia? Heck native muslims in the amhara region can't have a break from orthodox amhara how do you expect a somali living in amhara region would be treated? Same goes for the ormo region.

:dead:

I don't care what anyone says, someone who has suckled at the teat of a Somali mother, is more Somali culturally and socially than someone who has suckled at the teat of some foreign woman. What should have happened historically, is to allow tribes to form who are 'foreign' paternally but are allied with their maternal clans. Like with Carab Saalax who retained their Arab ancestral abtiris, but they are basically Harti socially and politically.

KinsiHilaac

Pretend there is a title here
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

We are losing Somali every minute, and we can't do anything about it. Wallahi there will be a right wing party in the future that will correct all these immoralities and ills in out society. Only a pure 100% Somali will be allowed to vote.
Define a pure 100% somali

Because according to Somali logic right now a half Albanian girl who happens to have a Somali dad can claim full Somali-ness and citizenship

Foreigners run things in Somalia already. Ethiopia and Kenya do what they want and the political party in charge now, wants to force Somalia into a marriage with the East African Block. There are foreigners who own large plots of land and they are in deals with locals who make sure they are 'protected'.

The real power is in retaining land and refusing to sell to foreigners, but I wonder when Somalis will realise this.
Somalia as we know today is a failed state and those countries typically have alot of foreigners meddling in it’s affairs especially when the gov is run on aid which is exatcly why we are against the bill? However this gov barely control any land which means the average city wont be ”run” by foreigners when the gov only control Mogadishu.

Whose those foreign landowners your talking about? if you got any source or proof id like to know.
You mean to tell me kenya that are scared of the rising somali population in their country, the same country that tried to build a wall between somalia and kenya aren't cearfull about somali influx into their country? Tell me exactly where in ethiopia other than somali galbeed can somali settle in ethiopia? Heck native muslims in the amhara region can't have a break from orthodox amhara how do you expect a somali living in amhara region would be treated? Same goes for the ormo region.
No as i said you can buy a passport rn in both those countries the only thing they are scared of are al shabab, if a Somali cant live in Amhara regions then what excuse do you Somalis have if foreigners come to your land? Cant u have that courage the average habesha has towards foreigners and making sure no non Somali can come and settle?

Because according to Somali logic right now a half Albanian girl who happens to have a Somali dad can claim full Somali-ness and citizenship
A pure Somali is somebody with two Somali parents, however many countries has that law gaining citizenship through your father. Sad fact but in Yemen they passed a law in their constitution if the mum is from ”horn of africa” even if their dad is yemeni they cant obtain citizenship. So i do understand why some Somali female support this bill. Were their last hope of a home!

I'm not going to answer you because I can tell you're a feminists and pro degeneracy by the way you're downvoting my posts.

KinsiHilaac

Pretend there is a title here
I'm not going to answer you because I can tell you're a feminists and pro degeneracy by the way you're downvoting my posts.
Hun you’re not that important. Half the time I don’t take notice of peoples names just that they’re opinions are shit

Somaliland already allows this, which is why there are non-ethnic Somalis with SL citizenship.

As a non-somali you can't even do anything with Somaliland citizenship apart from being enabled work as a Xamaali or getting paid scraps to vote for competing Somali clans in elections since they can't field any candidates of their own in fear of being targeted. Plus that fear is increased x100 in the South. Theres no chance of them taking part in politics. I find that over exaggerated tbh:heh:

Last edited:
You can't even do anything with Somaliland citizenship apart from being enabled work as a Xamaali or getting paid scraps to vote for competing Somali clans in elections since they can't field any candidates of their own in fear of being targeted. Plus that fear is exacerbated x100 in the South. Theres no chance of them taking part in politics. I find it that over exaggerated tbh:heh:

That, and being incorporated into clans and shiettt, kkk. Habar jeclo kulaha, say what?!?! :deadrose::damn:

The clan aspect is obviously fake, laakin I've heard about people being paid to get vote for a certain candidate. Not just locals, but also Oromo residents, IDPs, etc. Yaab! :gucciwhat:
War nidaamkan xun iskaga qabta. That's not how SL will prosper.:mjpls:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
That, and being incorporated into clans and shiettt, kkk. Habar awal kulaha, say what?!?! :deadrose::damn:

The clan aspect is obviously fake, laakin I've heard about people being paid to get vote for a certain candidate. War nidaamkan xun iskaga qabta. That's not how SL will prosper.:mjpls:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You know too much and even popped out with evidence:pachah1: :ohdamn:

bidenkulaha

GalYare

If you know one, link me her.

I love it when the Waqooyi on both sides of the triangle pretend they are above Xamar politics. Truth is as South Somalia develops and removes Shabaab we’re just seeing IC fingerprints on β€˜human rights’ crap. That stuff however has already infiltrated SL and PL a long time ago.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Most of you talk about halfs with Somali mother but ignore the fact that half with Somali dad who are entitled to Somali citizenship. Which is the reason that triggered the IC to crack down on this gender discriminatory law. Why allow half of Somali father with no culture or language to begin with? Why don’t strap that law all together?

Most of you talk about halfs with Somali mother but ignore the fact that half with Somali dad who are entitled to Somali citizenship. Which is the reason that triggered the IC to crack down on this gender discriminatory law. Why allow half of Somali father with no culture or language to begin with? Why don’t strap that law all together?
It’s quite simple every muslim country has this law so if a Xalimo marries outside her people then that child will belong to a different community and country. The sad problem however is even in Yemen they just passed a law in their constitution that if the mum is ”horn of african” and dad yemeni that child cant even obtain a citizenship but if the mum is russian or kurd they can.

Either way if a person marries out this ’law’ should be the least worry and they shouldnt risk their future in Somalia alot half arab and italians did and the stories from civil war are not nice they had 0 protection.

Trending