Somalia offers 206 oil blocks in first round of open acreage auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
:salute:

That's right Somalia is the place to be
Well spoken & perfectly articulated by the Director.

This government is clever as f$#k. I doubt there will be any competition to Nabad&Nolol for the foreseeable future. :nvjpqts::icon e smile:
I hope they don't f*ck this up. At least do it like the saudis be corrupt but build tourist attractions to make up for it and world class facilities. the ppl only cared when gaddafi stopped splashing cash at them.

200.gif

If they were clever they would tell the West that oil will not be extracted until AFTER Al Shabaab is defeated. Otherwise, the West has no real incentive to stop terrorism in Somalia. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Off shore is out of reach for al shabaab. On shore is a no go as of now.

Farm

VIP
Isn’t a little ridiculous that no one is asking for the production agreement in the worthless federal parliament? I wouldn’t be surprised if Ethiopia had a cut of our oil resources.

There is north of 110 billion barrels of oil offshore Somalia in the Indian Ocean for comparison that would place Somalia at 6 in the world ahead of Kuwait and UAE. We need competent leadership to handle this not some former taxi driver.
Is this confirmed???

Isn’t a little ridiculous that no one is asking for the production agreement in the worthless federal parliament? I wouldn’t be surprised if Ethiopia had a cut of our oil resources.
I fuc this up or cut with habesha midgets then i predict that al shaabaab will get more support in the coming years.

Ethiopia's definitely getting a cut. But don't just blame the FGS for this, every state is in Ethiopia's pocket and would also give Ethiopia a good chunk if it could. 19%.

Yo
Off shore is out of reach for al shabaab. On shore is a no go as of now.
You're missing the point. The West now has no incentive at all to help us crush Shabaab. "Why splash money training these Africans or lifting their arms embargo if they're just giving their resources away for free?"

If the FGS told the IC that no oil would be drilled due to security dangers and terrorism, then the Oil companies aren't going to wait another 30 years for us to get our shit together. Oil prices would plummet. There would be more airstrikes targeting Al Shabaab, more intelligence reports, more pressure on the Xamar government to crack down on the Shabaab infiltrators.

The West normally requires the countries they rob to be atleast peaceful enough to rob. That's how our resources have been untouched for decades. Now they don't need to bother.

Yo

You're missing the point. The West now has no incentive at all to help us crush Shabaab. "Why splash money training these Africans or lifting their arms embargo if they're just giving their resources away for free?"

If the FGS told the IC that no oil would be drilled due to security dangers and terrorism, then the Oil companies aren't going to wait another 30 years for us to get our shit together. Oil prices would plummet. There would be more airstrikes targeting Al Shabaab, more intelligence reports, more pressure on the Xamar government to crack down on the Shabaab infiltrators.

The West normally requires the countries they rob to be atleast peaceful enough to rob. That's how our resources have been untouched for decades. Now they don't need to bother.
True but only Americans are liek that. Scandinavian companies are too rich to give a f*ck! not to mention they are generally the nicest europeans, but i see where your coming from but they really should use some of the money to build up the army first and defeat al shabaab before drilling on shore.

I wish we had more time! at this rate by the time we get competent diaspora who are willing to become corrupt free politicians oil will be obsolete. I hope the government is at least smart enough to spend the money gained wisely and invests in solar and wind power since oil will be worthless in 30yrs. I also hope they build good infrastructure and then we youngsters can take over from them.

Somalia has more oil than Nigeria and Kuwait combined!
The sad thing is we still have shit politicians. If it was our generation that had time to negotiate the oil deals, then i'm sure that nationalist like you or i that love our country and all our ppl regardless of stupid qabil would have dealt with the process in a much better way than these clueless shameful dotards.

If anything at least we still have some on shore that won't be touched for now. So we will have to wait and see what is done with the revenue. We could be judging them and unfairly criticising these men when they are doing the best they can do for a penniless country. Maybe with money they will learn to be more innovative and responsible.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
May god bless this government, we the people free of qabyaalad continue to pray for success, because if they win, we win collectively :)

May god bless this government, we the people free of qabyaalad continue to pray for success, because if they win, we win collectively :)
I like you bro you are a more positive version of me. Like a nice twin with the same mindset. Don't let these ppl corrupt you :nvjpqts:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's impossible, this is for publicity sake and acting like 'their' doing something. Shabab is still on the main high-way, there is no-way they can extract it without using the high-way to transport it. Beletwayn to Kismayo is basically not accessible to anyone due to shabab check-points which charge like thousands on just normal commercial trucks transporting goods to smaller towns, let alone an oil caravan of semi trailers. Plus the risk is too high for any investor in the south.

Shabab will purchase boats from puntland boat making factory and start 'sea wars' against the oil companies operating in the sea.

They think they can dig oil like PL did, Puntland controls it's land and sea, shabab knows, PL don't mess about, plus we will cut their last-lifeline 'bosaso port' after a huge karbash at the same time.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
What happened to our dear friends: Soma Oil?

Our dear friens get to choose 14 blocks they want. They collected the data of all the blocks and they get to choose...

I wouldn't be suprised if the ministry of petroleum doesn't have acces to the data that Soma Oil & Gas got.

Farm

VIP
It's impossible, this is for publicity sake and acting like 'their' doing something. Shabab is still on the main high-way, there is no-way they can extract it without using the high-way to transport it. Beletwayn to Kismayo is basically not accessible to anyone due to shabab check-points which charge like thousands on just normal commercial trucks transporting goods to smaller towns, let alone an oil caravan of semi trailers. Plus the risk is too high for any investor in the south.

Shabab will purchase boats from puntland boat making factory and start 'sea wars' against the oil companies operating in the sea.

They think they can dig oil like PL did, Puntland controls it's land and sea, shabab knows, PL don't mess about, plus we will cut their last-lifeline 'bosaso port' after a huge karbash at the same time.

Mogadishu wants to steal our oil sxb, remember when they were drilling in PL and found oil?

https://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/117831/more_oil_at_somali_well/?hmpn=1

Mogadishu forced them to stop so they could steal our revenue.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...drops-out-of-puntland-due-to-political-strife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending