Somalia Never made a great political choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
So the farmer has the same power as the president .. read THE LEVIATHAN written in 1651 on the king's right to rule .
yes the farmer should have the same say as the president, president is just the chief executive that executes what the people want whether he agrees or not

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
Bab el Mandeb, Aden, Suez and the other strategical points in the Red Sea were largely untouched because it was the under control of the Umayyads then the later Ottomans until the 1880s along the coastal lines of north east Africa.

It was no need because they were friends at that time and pose no threat (thanks to our religion that kept us friends). They had the naval capabilities to deter the threats of the European powers whereas the Horns of Africa had so many different Sultans ruling different territories unlike them so the navy in East Africa was non-existent.

The only downside was Europe managed to fill in the void left by the Ottomans.

I don't are who it is friend Or foe . Self interest and nation comes first. How cares if their not posing a threat the levvings tax's control commerce on our shores . You must like bend over just take from anybody huh?

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
yes the farmer should have the same say as the president, president is just the chief executive that executes what the people want whether he agrees or not
Don't be childish we have roles to play . A strong educated self interested leader is not a blessing but a God send.

Tukraq

VIP
Don't be childish we have roles to play . A strong educated self interested leader is not a blessing but a God send.
I believe the president should have pretty much no power and just be the face of the nation to sign the papers and meet foreign leaders and what not, the representatives should be making the calls, and these representatives should represent their constituents thoroughly, their should be equal power differing factions so that neither gets to big and steps on the rights of the little guy(individuals), and everyone in theory should have equal say and power in matters through this representative system where politicians represent the people but don't hold any power outside that

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
I believe the president should have pretty much no power and just be the face of the nation to sign the papers and meet foreign leaders and what not, the representatives should be making the calls, and these representatives should represent their constituents thoroughly, their should be equal power differing factions so that neither gets to big and steps on the rights of the little guy(individuals), and everyone in theory should have equal say and power in matters through this representative system where politicians represent the people but don't hold any power outside that

The head of the nation with no power . We would the laughing stock of the wirld, oh wait we are. How would you get anything done in the system.
The king speak his will , it done
President speaks, farmer jumps up disagrees says take care of me, next the representative and those how finance them have to see if this is in their interest, then comes the people half want half dont. Chaos and confusion my friend. And when I say one man , I don't mean one in his just spotting words. I mean a council of his most trusted and those with merit say these are the things we need to take care of , and the one , gets breifings and a choice is made

Tukraq

VIP
The head of the nation with no power . We would the laughing stock of the wirld, oh wait we are. How would you get anything done in the system.
The king speak his will , it done
President speaks, farmer jumps up disagrees says take care of me, next the representative and those how finance them have to see if this is in their interest, then comes the people half want half dont. Chaos and confusion my friend. And when I say one man , I don't mean one in his just spotting words. I mean a council of his most trusted and those with merit say these are the things we need to take care of , and the one , gets breifings and a choice is made
did you miss the part where I said the president in the face? he basically speaks on the will of the people, their should always be disagreement and debate on every measure the government passes so it docent go against the will of the people and step on any of their rights, I'm sorry a person or a small group of people however educated they are shouldn't be blindly governing me with out my input, a government is supposed to serve its people not be served by it, this is why the people themselves should have the most say on these polices that effect them

Tukraq

VIP
So the farmer has the same power as the president .. read THE LEVIATHAN written in 1651 on the king's right to rule .
I've read the leviathan lol, but you should read the federalist papers by James Madison and why America moved from the British monarchy to a representative government/first modern republic

This sounds ridiculous

Somalia has no right to slap a 25% tariff on any ship that passes through the Red Sea. That is outright theft and shouldn’t be allowed. The Red Sea is used to transport goods between China and Europe, and cutting that trade route off is tantamount to a declaration of war. In fact, any major power would be justified in declaring war against the Somali State for having the audacity to close off such a crucial avenue of global trade.

If a Chinese corporation makes a product, and they sell it to Europe, and it passes through the Red Sea, WHAT RIGHT DO WE HAVE TO TAX IT? Really? A fucking 25% tariff just because these ships briefly passed nearby Somali waters? Should Iran have the right to tax any ship that passes the Strait of Hormuz? Should Spain tax any ship that passes through the Gibraltar strait?

This is a classic Somali example of trying to get something from nothing. You’re trying to use Somalia’s geographical position to bully the rest of the world into accepting a ridiculous 25% tax on all ships, even if these ships have nothing to do with Somalia.

did you miss the part where I said the president in the face? he basically speaks on the will of the people, their should always be disagreement and debate on every measure the government passes so it docent go against the will of the people and step on any of their rights, I'm sorry a person or a small group of people however educated they are shouldn't be blindly governing me with out my input, a government is supposed to serve its people not be served by it, this is why the people themselves should have the most say on these polices that effect them

It’s like these low-IQ folks don’t understand the concept of small government.

The President should have very little power, and the Government should have very few duties which are clearly defined. Everything else should be left to the market and the private citizens.

If Somalis want to be a free people, then stop worshipping the Presidential seat. Make the President largely irrelevant (except when it comes to leading the military), and let the local Mayors and Governors govern their areas. That would actually be the recipe to a more stable and prosperous nation. If the Federal Government has no power, then there’s very little reason to fight for the Presidency. The President would be like a background figure, and that’s what I wanna see

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
This sounds ridiculous

Somalia has no right to slap a 25% tariff on any ship that passes through the Red Sea. That is outright theft and shouldn’t be allowed. The Red Sea is used to transport goods between China and Europe, and cutting that trade route off is tantamount to a declaration of war. In fact, any major power would be justified in declaring war against the Somali State for having the audacity to close off such a crucial avenue of global trade.

If a Chinese corporation makes a product, and they sell it to Europe, and it passes through the Red Sea, WHAT RIGHT DO WE HAVE TO TAX IT? Really? A fucking 25% tariff just because these ships briefly passed nearby Somali waters? Should Iran have the right to tax any ship that passes the Strait of Hormuz? Should Spain tax any ship that passes through the Gibraltar strait?

This is a classic Somali example of trying to get something from nothing. You’re trying to use Somalia’s geographical position to bully the rest of the world into accepting a ridiculous 25% tax on all ships, even if these ships have nothing to do with Somalia.

If that passage goes through our waters, it simply means that god has given us a major gift in the form of taxation. We should split it though with yemen after their war.

If that passage goes through our waters, it simply means that god has given us a major gift in the form of taxation. We should split it though with yemen after their war.

This will justify all of the nations in the world coming together to fight against Somalia.

It will lead to a global war, similar to how all the nations in the world teamed up to fight against Saddam Hussein back in 1991.

It’s THAT serious. Under no circumstances should the Somali Navy extort foreign corporations passing through their waters. What do you expect the ships to do? Go around Africa?? Actually pay this ridiculous 25% tax?

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
The taxation doesn't have to be 25% just enough to pay the security force and registrations. The water is ours and by international law we will create a revenue from it

Abdullnur

Logic over everything
This sounds ridiculous

Ancient Somalia you barbarian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending