Somalia Needs New Culture Not Systems

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalia needs to address the cultural decay and I repeat this strongly becuz without addressing this my hope or other Somalis will never be restored. The new culture must eliminate unproductive elements from their clans such as criminals, corruption, fraud, theft, killing. If these elements remain inside the society, no matter what system you argue for will lose automatic public confidence and this will also mean directly losing international confidence and the system itself will decay and rott from within before it implodes.

What's the solution? these key actors have a huge role to play.

1. Clan elders
2. Religious leaders
3. Civil society
4. Business people
5. Government
6. Youth and Women

They must combine together and do their bit where they influence to stamp out bad cultural elements not sit there silent. Silence means complacent and that you agree, plus the evil elements have no fear of social backlash. They must all begin the following model/strategy to create social check n balance where evil elements can no longer hide or be provided support.

1. Create a facebook for each region where the corrupt, criminal, fraud, theft, killing is noted. Their name, clan must be noted so the ppl know them(transparency)
2. Clan Elders create a Dambiile social group where these unproductive people will be assigned and lose their clan status and protection plus refuse them marriage to nasab people. This will be advertised on facebook page for that region
3. Religious elders ban from Mosque all identified bad elements or else that masjid isn't Dahir and Pure
4. Business people must use that facebook page publication and refuse jobs
5. Government must consult that facebook page and refuse jobs and scholarship.

The end-goal will be they will live among their society like how the current Midgan are. This will also mean all people will need to think twice before committing crimes or corruption because they will see what happened to those who did.

Once that social level check-balance is there, then Somalia can craft any system and it will be clean and not worry about it decaying and losing public confidence. Runti shacab aan kala saari karin moryantooda iyo sheikhooda waa shacab aduunka naar ku jirayo iyo akhiro. Plus Allah made it clear, shacab hadaysan iyagu is-toosin isaguna toosin maayo.

This model must be executed in Puntland first as they are the leaders of Somalis.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Plus we must assess all foreign cultures for productivity hadu wanaag ku jiro we must find a way to update our cultures. Like the west dhinaca maskaxda iyo caqli saliimka waa in Somalia dhaqan laga dhiga not dharkooda.

Dhinaca imaanka they must be taught that is invisible and only Allah knows their faith and isn't for human affairs to work with. Plus if faith and society is merged it's quite dangerous as society becomes a partner to God or may even assume God role indirectly.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GemState read what I posted and keep up faith as your aware no system will be successful as long as Somali culture is the way it is. I provided solutions that can be implemented universally across Somalia or at region level if other Somalis refuse to upgrade themselves, other regions wanting a better life don't need to be held back living in naar on earth if all Somalis refuse to adopt social model universally.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GemState I hold that religion remains purer outside the state not within it. Why? If u mix religion with areas of 'power' this can lead ppl to reject religion if that state starts to become corrupt or fails in some way which it will eventually as no perfect state exist, their will be opposition at all times and if religion is within that system, lots of ppl will blame religion.

The other reason is their no way I can 3-d scan ppl faith, it's invisible to me and 'empty words' isn't going to give me confidence, it's invisible thing and for god alone to judge, not society. I mean ppl like dahir aways, godane, atom prayed and fasted, if I was to judge them on faith, I could find myself dead or put my people and region into jepordy..

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
@GemState I hold that religion remains purer outside the state not within it. Why? If u mix religion with areas of 'power' this can lead ppl to reject religion if that state starts to become corrupt or fails in some way which it will eventually as no perfect state exist, their will be opposition at all times and if religion is within that system, lots of ppl will blame religion.

The other reason is their no way I can 3-d scan ppl faith, it's invisible to me and 'empty words' isn't going to give me confidence, it's invisible thing and for god alone to judge, not society. I mean ppl like aideed prayed and fasted, if I was to judge him on faith, I could find myself dead.
I agree with this. If the state push people to practice the religion you will end up with an Iran, where you see huge apathy towards faith. And empty mosques.

The places that caught up to the West (basically East Asia, Singapore) did not waste time debating religious jurisprudence. The state has to be secular if the goal is to create a respectable, modern nation.

However, a huge mistake secular states do was pushing anti religion to the point of West worship and destroying a lot of the customs, and moral fabrics of their socieities. There's a story of how Atatürk said the Fez (the stereotypical ottoman hat) was barbaric, but the top hat was civilized! A lot of these secular states subconsciously and overtly push the idea that everything Western is good and anything indigenous is bad. That's a suicidal way to think.

There has to be a balance. The state should be secular, but it has to balance tradition and modernity.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GemState My belief is a true khilaafa will resemble how the prophet united all Muslims which the 4 rightly guided caliphs carried on untill it fell and everything after that wasn't a khilaafa but a khilaafa in name only, and for that to happen again muslims are waiting for mahdi.

Even I will call him a mahdi if he can unify 1.5 billion across race, tribes, languages, politics, and sects. I will say even me a skeptic, a TRUE mahdi has returned then, till then tho, their just petty attempts in name only or used 4 other power/status agendas.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GemState that's what I argue also secular-tradition side by side. Elements of tradition like religion, culture, dress, diet can remain and even encouraged at a social level to keep our nation identity separate and unique.

But the state must be purely based on secular and caqli salim so we keep up with the world so we can keep our own identity alive/relevant. People will respect your identity only once they see your nation itself is productive. I mean worldwide people cherish 'sushi' crap, why? Becuz Japan is respected nationally.

We must restore national honor. Unfortunately though when u see general section, their trying to restore honor thru the hate of other identies and even similar tactics are seen in Somalia across clan.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GemState Do u also see Somali all worshipping leaders and not discussing and crafting systems and nidaam? It's called strong man and weak system philosophy, those countries are usually the biggest failure when HUMANS hold stronger power then the system. Why copy them?

it's all bad to worse in Somalia but it's shockingly high in the south, everything is centered around some fallible human. U rarely see their ppl discuss systems, rules, processes.

On here it's very 'rare' 1% that discusses systems, 99% is centered on 'siyasi hebel hebel' iyo 'qiyaano' uu sameeye iyo dano buu lahaa and it just recirculates daily in a cess pit with no solutions or end in sight. @Manzana

PL leaders and civilians put a-lot more focus on systems in comparison to the south becuz HUMANS are prone to failure.

No Problem Reaction GIF

Last edited: