Somalia Needs a 100 Billion Dollar Economy

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I don't care if you like the DR or Hate the DR or call the DR an 'essay' man. The fact is to be a second world economy, you need to turn over $100 billion dollars EACH YEAR. So for each year between January till December, you will need to ensure each sector, industry, and workforce has produced 100 billion dollars worth of products, goods, services, or knowledge in terms of innovation, start ups, etc. Why I say this?

If your population is 12 million. 100 billion GDP divided by 12 million people, this will ensure each Somali person is worth 8k per person GDP per capita. If this doesn't happen, and you prefer or choose to remain in your $500 per person economy, which is considered 3rd world, I suggest you continue your FKD nonsense and go back n forth each year, while you miss opportunities being provided to you by the DR.

I urge Somalis Let's start by defining what sort of 'economy' we want for Somalia and how large it must be. Once we know this, we can then guide our answers or suggestions by reviewing what industries we want for our nation and what industries we don't want. But without our 'GDP' figure defined first, we won't know what sector or industry or investment is useful for Somalia because we haven't set up our GDP figures and goals.

اللي لقى احبابه .. نسى اصحابه
يادنيا ياغرابه
كان العشم يبقى لي .. ويموت فيني لحالي
لاما ترى في بالي .. كذا الغالي
ينسى ويطول غيابه

ايام كام عشناها .. يامحلاها
وشلون بس ينساها
وصار بسلامه يبخل
وتمر سنه ومايسأل
وشلون يازمن الاول .. كذا تحول
لي عشرته كذابه ..

يدري في عيني داره .. ومقداره
لكن طريقه اختاره
خلوه يشوف ويجرب
ومايلقى غيري حبيٌب
وان كان معدنه طيب .. انا طيب
وقليبي فاتح ابوابه

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
@DR OSMAN can you comment on this, would love to hear you're on sight on reer Sool doing this. PL parliament were warned about this last year.

Dhulbahante want to control trade going to PL & Central Somalia

SirLancelLord

VIP
What difference does that make if Puntland taxes it at 200%?

That's bullcrap, hasn't been enacted saw lorries just flying past.

And won't really happen as traders in PL will riot as prices will rise in the markets.

Brother think smart, never in the history of the Somali people has there been restrictions on trading with other Somalis.

We're working on a Somali Free Trade Network to encourage trade between Somalis to grinning it from abroad.

I ask you this...?

Would you rather put money in a Somali pocket or a foreigner

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
That's bullcrap, hasn't been enacted saw lorries just flying past.

And won't really happen as traders in PL will riot as prices will rise in the markets.

Brother think smart, never in the history of the Somali people has there been restrictions on trading with other Somalis.

We're working on a Somali Free Trade Network to encourage trade between Somalis to grinning it from abroad.

I ask you this...?

Would you rather put money in a Somali pocket or a foreigner
I want that dollar to go in the pockets of ordinary people in Puntland. Puntland's taxation and protectionism is a good thing for the local economy, businesses will be set up to meet local demands while the price of imported goods are hiked. Jobs will be created it's a good thing all around. Berbera thought it could waive taxes for local traders so they could float the market with their goods and we pulled a Trump move.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/latest-update-of-pl-tariif-on-sl.70995/

Puntland to Hike Taxes on goods from Somaliland | Somaliland Standard

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN can you comment on this, would love to hear you're on sight on reer Sool doing this. PL parliament were warned about this last year.

Dhulbahante want to control trade going to PL & Central Somalia

Wallahi I am baffled. I didn't see this one coming at all. I am not saying I am perfect and can spot everything, but this is an interesting one, that I never saw coming. I thought these guys were politically in turmoil, so I never imagined an economic threat coming from them. You need to organize politically before you can organize economically is the general rule I believed in.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@SirLancelLord I believe PL is to comfortable with the trade game and if it wasn't there, it would force them to start developing industries outside of trade. So this would be welcomed by me so we can direct Puntites into where it's lucrative like Science, Tech, etc. I know this won't be possible as long as the trade game is alive.

That is what Mohamed Bin Salman said also, as long as the OIL game is on in Saudi arabia, it will be hard to see thru his vision of 'technology industry'. I can see what he means now, it means people are comfortable in the old industries and therefore won't create new industries and therefore the GDP never changes and remains the same for decades.

I would urge you to 'end' Trade game in SL. To many suppliers like Bosaso, Berbera, Djibouti, Kismayo, Mogadishu. Siyad 'over-supplied' the trade game in Somalia. What he needed to do was sub-divide the economy. Where he makes the north all about OIL, the south farming and trade. Capital about science, tech, university. This would mean we would have a booming economy that focuses on different areas rather then one area like trade. Unfortunately Somalis think copying each other helps them, it doesn't, it actually hurts them and they become a one industry nation.

If you build one road in one village, all villages want that road. If you build one airport in one town, now all the towns want them. U see how Somalis copy each other, we cannot become rich country, if all we do is copy each other.

Last edited:

SirLancelLord

VIP
@SirLancelLord I believe PL is to comfortable with the trade game and if it wasn't there, it would force them to start developing industries outside of trade. So this would be welcomed by me so we can direct Puntites into where it's lucrative like Science, Tech, etc. I know this won't be possible as long as the trade game is alive.

That is what Mohamed Bin Salman said also, as long as the OIL game is on in Saudi arabia, it will be hard to see thru his vision of 'technology industry'. I can see what he means now, it means people are comfortable in the old industries and therefore won't create new industries and therefore the GDP never changes and remains the same for decades.

I would urge you to 'end' Trade game in SL. To many suppliers like Bosaso, Berbera, Djibouti, Kismayo, Mogadishu. Siyad 'over-supplied' the trade game in Somalia. What he needed to do was sub-divide the economy. Where he makes the north all about OIL, the south farming and trade. Capital about science, tech, university. This would mean we would have a booming economy that focuses on different areas rather then one area like trade. Unfortunately Somalis think copying each other helps them, it doesn't, it actually hurts them and they become a one industry nation.

If you build one road in one village, all villages want that road. If you build one airport in one town, now all the towns want them. U see how Somalis copy each other, we cannot become rich country, if all we do is copy each other.

Thanks for the response.

But won't it be dangerous if you have allot of university graduate in high tech fields but there is no jobs for those people.

You would need those jobs available otherwise they'll be a massive drain as though people will leave for employment.

So for an sustainable developement wouldn't you have to develop it naturally with core industries and move into high tech fields one the core is fully met

Copying each other drives innovation as they see what they're lacking and want to catch up and compete

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Thanks for the response.

But won't it be dangerous if you have allot of university graduate in high tech fields but there is no jobs for those people.

You would need those jobs available otherwise they'll be a massive drain as though people will leave for employment.

So for an sustainable developement wouldn't you have to develop it naturally with core industries and move into high tech fields one the core is fully met

Copying each other drives innovation as they see what they're lacking and want to catch up and compete

I would say. 1 port for the south. 1 port for the north. No more over-supplying it and turning economics into 'tuulo politics'. Economics works on supply/demand, not your qabil politics. I would then say for interior north oil and mineral industry. I would then say for the south you can control the agriculture industry and possibly electricity generation from your rivers which we can create a 'dam run electricity' plant.

U see what I mean bro? for the capital I would say since u have the best minds and institutions, your job is academia, inventions, techs, science, government industries. I would ensure everyone eats in Somalia but not 'copying'. The methodology ensures there is multiple industries emerging and multiple taxation revenues for the government, you also satisfy all stakeholders in the nation that they have a lucrative economy. This will end the nonsensical economical model of 'copying'. Now they want to copy oil industry to south and north following the old siyad model of creating ports everywhere for clan politics.

Last edited:

SirLancelLord

VIP
I would say. 1 port for the south. 1 port for the north. No more over-supplying it and turning economics into 'tuulo politics'. Economics works on supply/demand, not your qabil politics. I would then say for interior north oil and mineral industry. I would then say for the south you can control the agriculture industry and possibly electricity generation from your rivers which we can create a 'dam run electricity' plant.

U see what I mean bro? for the capital I would say since u have the best minds and institutions, your job is academia, inventions, techs, science, government industries. I would ensure everyone eats in Somalia but not 'copying'. The methodology ensures there is multiple industries emerging and multiple taxation revenues for the government, you also satisfy all stakeholders in the nation that they have a lucrative economy. This will end the nonsensical economical model of 'copying'. Now they want to copy oil industry to south and north following the old siyad model of creating ports everywhere for clan politics.

The Germanic model is better trade schools.

This isn't a clan system is resource based economy

To build as white collar economy you first gotta have blue collar in agriculture and manufacturing that's how all economies started

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@SirLancelLord you need to keep in mind supply-demand in economics, not 'pleasing clans' or else you could over-supply an infrastructure and it becomes worthless for the demand that exists. A planned economy means you define what each region will perform in your nation. The desert areas in Somalia you allocate your oil-industry. In the greener areas you allocate farming. In the river areas you allocate it as 'electricity' generation like 'baardheere dam system'.

In your major cities you create a 'consumer' economy so you set up 'banks' and encourage loans so they purchase 'assets' like homes, cars, etc. In your capital you need your 'brains' or else your economy is going to be guided by the wrong people. In the capital you need a tech industry, science industry, start-ups, you want your government people all located here also and their focus is to 'engineer' and 'calculate' the nation growth each year, where it's heading, opportunities that we can begin, etc. I am telling you the truth, this is what is called a PLANNED ECONOMY. Somalia isn't planned economy, it's an economy that is un-planned and clan-centric at best. It's there to appease clans not GDP calculations.

SirLancelLord

VIP
@SirLancelLord you need to keep in mind supply-demand in economics, not 'pleasing clans' or else you could over-supply an infrastructure and it becomes worthless for the demand that exists. A planned economy means you define what each region will perform in your nation. The desert areas in Somalia you allocate your oil-industry. In the greener areas you allocate farming. In the river areas you allocate it as 'electricity' generation like 'baardheere dam system'.

In your major cities you create a 'consumer' economy so you set up 'banks' and encourage loans so they purchase 'assets' like homes, cars, etc. In your capital you need your 'brains' or else your economy is going to be guided by the wrong people. In the capital you need a tech industry, science industry, start-ups, you want your government people all located here also and their focus is to 'engineer' and 'calculate' the nation growth each year, where it's heading, opportunities that we can begin, etc. I am telling you the truth, this is what is called a PLANNED ECONOMY. Somalia isn't planned economy, it's an economy that is un-planned and clan-centric at best. It's there to appease clans not GDP calculations.

I agree with supply & demand which in was advocating to you before and you laughed at me.

All economies area based on silly and demand what you need and what you have build industries you need so you become self sufficient and any excess you can export

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I agree with supply & demand which in was advocating to you before and you laughed at me.

All economies area based on silly and demand what you need and what you have build industries you need so you become self sufficient and any excess you can export

I never laughed at you. But you have this mind-set that we must 'copy' other nations and do things 'logically' in order like farming, then factories, then technologies. This has been debunked this theory of a step by step cycle of an economy by India, who went from like us doing basic agriculture to a 'knowledge' economy immediately and skipping factory work or blue collar work.

I know why you see the blue-collar industries appealing, you must see thousands of hargeisans sitting around job-less in the white collar profession and want them to get work. But remember we don't want 'all work' some-times it's better sitting down waiting for 100k 'hayad' job then doing 'factory' job that pays you 5 dollars a week.

Remember we set our GDP goal of 100 billion, we got something us guiding us, we can balance blue collar industries and project how much they will contribute in a year and wallahi it's only a few million dollars at best let alone billion. So we must reject it because we are basing our decisions of how to reach 100 billion dollar, we are using financial bench-marks that we require from industries. We won't select industries just because it produces employment anymore, we select industries that contribute towards 100 billion dollar a year GDP we want for the nation.

As for agriculture this is only needed to feed your population, it's not needed in terms of 'excess trade' nor do we need it to become an export economy like Siyad planned for us. Your still using Siyad economic model when you suggest we open up pasta factories again lol, but you can't tell the GDP benefit in this? I can show you this is a GDP failure by asking you what does a pasta factory produce in a day and I can tell you how much that is worth in a year and remember we set our goal to be 100 billion in a given year, you will see that pasta factory will contribute very little in terms of dollars towards 100 billion.

Somaliland will start being 'told' again your region 'doesn't produce' enough towards Somali GDP and this will cause your state to be isolated, why? your vision is taking them towards a failed siyad barre model that focused on creating factories handling food stuffs, textiles, and minor goods. A-lot of those pasta, food stuffs industries can be imported far cheaper then actually doing.

PS - Sirlance GDP is simply the best way to put it, your industries 'dollar' worth at the end of the year. So look at every industry you have in SL and work out what their daily dollar production is and you can quickly multiply by 365 days a year and see if it's a good national industry or a failed one.

SirLancelLord

VIP
I never laughed at you. But you have this mind-set that we must 'copy' other nations and do things 'logically' in order like farming, then factories, then technologies. This has been debunked this theory of a step by step cycle of an economy by India, who went from like us doing basic agriculture to a 'knowledge' economy immediately and skipping factory work or blue collar work.

I know why you see the blue-collar industries appealing, you must see thousands of hargeisans sitting around job-less in the white collar profession and want them to get work. But remember we don't want 'all work' some-times it's better sitting down waiting for 100k 'hayad' job then doing 'factory' job that pays you 5 dollars a week.

Remember we set our GDP goal of 100 billion, we got something us guiding us, we can balance blue collar industries and project how much they will contribute in a year and wallahi it's only a few million dollars at best let alone billion. So we must reject it because we are basing our decisions of how to reach 100 billion dollar, we are using financial bench-marks that we require from industries. We won't select industries just because it produces employment anymore, we select industries that contribute towards 100 billion dollar a year GDP we want for the nation.

As for agriculture this is only needed to feed your population, it's not needed in terms of 'excess trade' nor do we need it to become an export economy like Siyad planned for us. Your still using Siyad economic model when you suggest we open up pasta factories again lol, but you can't tell the GDP benefit in this? I can show you this is a GDP failure by asking you what does a pasta factory produce in a day and I can tell you how much that is worth in a year and remember we set our goal to be 100 billion in a given year, you will see that pasta factory will contribute very little in terms of dollars towards 100 billion.

Somaliland will start being 'told' again your region 'doesn't produce' enough towards Somali GDP and this will cause your state to be isolated, why? your vision is taking them towards a failed siyad barre model that focused on creating factories handling food stuffs, textiles, and minor goods. A-lot of those pasta, food stuffs industries can be imported far cheaper then actually doing.

PS - Sirlance GDP is simply the best way to put it, your industries 'dollar' worth at the end of the year. So look at every industry you have in SL and work out what their daily dollar production is and you can quickly multiply by 365 days a year and see if it's a good national industry or a failed one.

Wouldn't you want home grown industries
A Somali BMW Amazon and Starbucks

We can easily develop our own industry's to make imports virtually 0 as that's money leaving the country keeping it in to provide a level of public service similar to the Nordics

Ingraining the quality of life is the main goal

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Wouldn't you want home grown industries
A Somali BMW Amazon and Starbucks

We can easily develop our own industry's to make imports virtually 0 as that's money leaving the country keeping it in to provide a level of public service similar to the Nordics

Ingraining the quality of life is the main goal

By having an isolated economy, your currency is isolated and not floating around the global market. This will lead to 'forex' and 'currency' traders treating your currency as useless because it's not in demand due your EXPORT DRIVEN AND NO IMPORT STYLE ECONOMY.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I predict Somalia can achieve at the very maximum 500 billion economy. I am basing this of Australia which is 1000 billion dollar economy and the population is 25 million. Somalia is half the population of Australia at 12 million.

There is no excuse why we cannot reach 500 billion GDP, as long as we plan our economy and base our decisions on pure financial reasons not clan reasons or emotional reasons, however if we continue towards the clan way, then we will remain a 3rd world economy, oversupplying infrastructure, copying each other industries and oversupplying which means no new industries or growth, and Somalia self worth as a nation remains the poor.

Somalia also needs to ensure we set aside 15% of our GDP(500 billion) as collateral of gold for our currency in international reserves to provide a good 'credit' rating for our currency like other nations do and begin planning the Somali economy to reach 500 billion dollars. We are currently at 7 billion. Let's identify which industry can produce 10-20-50 billion dollars a year for Somalia? OIL is definitely one, Fishery, Agriculture, Livestock definitely are not industries that will get us anywhere. I say keep these industries as 'historical' trades for the rural people not the Somali backbone economy.

The Dr is very focused on the 'science, technology, physics, maths' industries we need innovators to supply our economy with new ideas, without new ideas and inventions, we won't be able to create products, goods, services, knowledge to fill our economy each year. How we set up our students and education system is paramount to developing these industries.

This is my economic advice to all your Somalis. The DR may insult but that doesn't mean what I say holds no merit, what is your other choice Somaliyay? to do things like you always have been and guess what you are going to reap the same rewards. Keep going to the IMF lol

We also need a huge cultural change in Somalia in terms of khat usage(replace with khat juice) less time wasted on chewing and more time for working, religion needs to keep up with the world not look backwards to salafism and the 7th century, no idealogy that looks backward has proven to be successful especially when we know time is moving forward.

Last edited:

Trending