Somalia national team will have a Dutch head coach

Apollo

VIP
I hear diasporans with degrees, even if they're imbeciles, are sitting on a gold mine as well. It's not hard to come across anything from 3,000 to 7,000 USD a month to maybe even more. Bit bloody absurd that they're willing to throw that kind of lacag at diasporans given how desperate for work reer homeland usually are.

I have worked in Somalia once (for a few months) and got a position way above my skill level at the time.

I also kept getting invited to dinners at the homes of elite people (even one minister, LOL), just for being reer diaspora and working in Somalia. :dead:

I have worked in Somalia once (for a few months) and got a position way above my skill level at the time.

I also kept getting invited to dinners at the homes of elite people (even one minister, LOL), just for being reer diaspora and working in Somalia.

:dead:

I hear diasporans with degrees, even if they're imbeciles, are sitting on a gold mine as well. It's not hard to come across anything from 3,000 to 7,000 USD a month to maybe even more. Bit bloody absurd that they're willing to throw that kind of lacag at diasporans given how desperate for work reer homeland usually are.
Somalia's lack of human resources is shocking. Forget about technocrats ( they are extremly hard to find them) perhaps in their place we've bunch of useless elite who percieve themselves as 'Think tank' operating from Nairobi & often with research institutes that are loud on twitter & spy for cadaan govt to get funding. The lowest entry job like hairdresser, cleaning & fumigation, cooks, office admin, plumber, electrician and lot more are imported from Kenya & Uganda. Turkey hacked the secret that Somalis love and adore anything foreign, now they are coming in large numbers unregulated, unvetted, unqualified. In the healthcare sector, i've seen many cases whereby nursing student who just started or no where close to finishing their medical training are posing as Doctors and paid hefty salary that they have decided not to even go back to finish school. Mind you they utterly & outright discriminate the local nurses who are qualified and well trained. Who are Somalis, they love and vow to pay ridiculous consultation fees only to see a Turkey "Doctor". Turks they have even private clinics where they carry out high risk surgery and other operations that a qualified doctor would be hesitant to do. No govt is here to regulate and oversee what they are doing. The govt officials are blinded with Turkey Visa, small money & possibility to relocate his family Turkey. Come to NGO's & private sector eg. Hotels, schools & restaurants they NEVER hire any local who is more than capable of doing better job than a expertriate who they have to worry about their security on top of hefty salary, medical coverage & other allowances as required in labour laws of their respective countries. Onto diaspora, they have a family member or their dad in govt or with connection. They eat life with big spoon in Mogadishu. From living in luxuriuos, newest apartment that goes for $1,400 per month. Chauffeured around in armoured car with bodyguard to dining in lurxurious, high end hotels (Decale) and rolling with big boys ( Ministers, foreigners at Halane, & "International work trips"). The diasporas i've met or often worked with are prideful, no where close to qualified & assume having accent or carrying foreign passport makes them superior. In summary Somalia is like a lawless jungle, where if u have no Godfather to paveway for u, then u have to appease those with connection with ur body (lots of girls seeking employment often deal with this dilemma. Before u come at me google how Turkey, Amison have done this to them) or money if u are male.

At least we have a coach now the team needs to get together and play friendlies and train a lot for the big game in 2 months time. If we win the preliminary round than we have made history again, and will have hope of actually qualifying for afcon next year, even though i have heavy doubts I am still a bit optimistic for the Somalia national team.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Abdalla @Grigori Rasputin @Apollo @Shimbiris

Apparently reason we may have hired him is because he was the former coach of Eswatini, which is our opponents of AFCON qualification.

Plus he has a lot of experience as technical director in African football teams.

Imo I think he’s an idiot but apparently he’s doing an Instagram interview tonight, so I’ll save my judgement until then.

Last edited:
I'm surprised, is there not 1 Somali in Europe that did his coaching badges? Even something like getting Somalia in AFCON would boost their CV a lot instantly. Look at Comoros at AFCON, no reason Somalia cant do the same

You forgot the fact that we lost 30 years. The previous coaches are either old or died, and we didn't have their replacements. We're slowly starting to be a normal country again. It will need time and effort before we become like a normal country.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What is wrong with the videos that you showed?

The guy is clearly a bit troubled. If you go on his instagram, it’s essentially a bunch of videos of him speaking in third person pretending to coach random members of the public.

In the Netherlands, he’s shunned from football due to his erratic personality and is assumed to be mentally sick.

As I said, I wish him the best and he’s probably better than what we had previously but I’m not holding my breath.

Inshallah, we do well tho, I have full confidence we’ll do well against Eswatini since they’re his former team.

The guy is clearly a bit troubled. If you go on his instagram, it’s essentially a bunch of videos of him speaking in third person pretending to coach random members of the public.

In the Netherlands, he’s shunned from football due to his erratic personality and is assumed to be mentally sick.

As I said, I wish him the best and he’s probably better than what we had previously but I’m not holding my breath.

Inshallah, we do well tho, I have full confidence we’ll do well against Eswatini since they’re his former team.

You're a typical Somali diaspora person who expects so much from a country that has gone through 30 years of anarchy. We don't contribute anything to Somalia; therefore, no diaspora person has the right to criticize any action taken by Somali officials back home. The FGS and ministry of sport should've rejected him if he is incompetent.

In the end, what matters is what skills he conveys to the Somali team, and not what he posts online. Everybody posts shit online, so not sure why would he be different.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You're a typical Somali diaspora person who expects so much from a country that has gone through 30 years of anarchy. We don't contribute anything to Somalia; therefore, no diaspora person has the right to criticize any action taken by Somali officials back home. The FGS and ministry of sport should've rejected him if he is incompetent.

In the end, what matters is what skills he conveys to the Somali team, and not what he posts online. Everybody posts shit online, so not sure why would he be different.

No, maybe you should question Somalia’s football federation blatant corruption.

They receive at least 2 million a year from FIFA and organised two games within the last two years.

They couldn’t even afford flights back for some of the players after the Oman game.

Even the players themselves have called out the corruption of our football federation.

Trending

Latest posts