Somalia Money Remittance companies and who owns it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
This is a informative thread so we can know which company you might use that contributes to
development in your regions also if it is politically active Money Remittance company.

Main Money Remittance companies in Somalia

1.Tawakal Express (Leelkase) - Puntland origin
2.Amal Express (MJ) - Puntland origin
3.Hodan Global (HG) - South Central Somalia
4.Dahabshiil (HJ) - Somaliland origin
5.Amoud Express (Gadabursi) - Somaliland origin

add others

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I think Amal is also the biggest in Jubaland, it was founded in Canada and in Kismayo simultaneously during the height of the civil war.

Bohol

VIP
I think Amal is also the biggest in Jubaland, it was founded in Canada and in Kismayo simultaneously during the height of the civil war.

They all operate all over Somalia but there is certain areas where they make up the
no.1 company. Heck there is even Takawal in Ceel Afweyn Lol. However biggest
customers for Tawakal and Amal come from their Darood bases (Puntland and Jubbaland).
Tawakal also has a bank in Mogadishu.

Bohol

VIP
7. Taaj Express (a new one but fast growing and has branches in several places) - A offshoot of Hormuud - Duduble

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
How about darasalam bank they should start a xawaalad service also their ATM's were handy while I was in Hargeisa because I lived near ambassador I used to use it regularly

Salaam Bank has its origins in Mogadishu. It is a offshoot of Hormuud (largest telecommunication company in South Somalia).

Bohol

VIP
Conflict between companies sometimes spirals into open conflict in Somalia. For example in the Ceel Afweyn district Dahabshiil (Somtel)
tried to construct signal towers in a area settled by a different community more related to the CEO of Telesom (Abdikarim Eid) - Eidagale
as a result it was refused with the barrel of the gun since Telesom has monopoly in the area.

“Birihii [Taawerradii] Shirkadda DAHABSHIIL Ee Laga Taagayay Dhulkii Aanu Wada Degi Jirnay,
Ayay Nimankaas Aanu Tolka Nahay Yidhaahdeen Lagama Taagi Karo Oo Ay Rasaas Kala Daaleen

[Dagaalka Ceel-Afweyn) Wuxuu Ka Bilaabmay TELESOM Oo Ninka Ina Maxamed/Iid Oo Garxajis Ahi Madax Ka Yahay Iyo DAHABSHIIL Oo Nin Habarjeclo Ahi Leeyahay”

http://foorenews.com/somaliland-dag...yo-dahabshiil-oo-nin-habarjeclo-ahi-leeyahay/

Bohol

VIP
Each company has loyal clan supporters.

Here women from south Hargeisa (Eidagale) crack down on anti Telesom (largest
telecommunication company in Sland which Zaad service the e-money remittance
comes under) protesters in Goljano, North Hargeisa.

Haween Ka Jawaabay Mudaharadkii Xaafada Goljano Ee Lagag Soo Hor Jeeday Telesom

Bohol

VIP
Hormuud (Duduble) own it.

Duduble are very rich. It is good news that the USA removed the owner of Hormuud
(Sheikh Jimcaale) and other companies from the terror list recently.

Jimcaale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts