Somalia Minerals/Oil Sector Location Probabilities

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The probabilities of OIL finds or any OIL reserve in the South below Beletwayne to Kismaayo is unreasonable and I hope the southerners stop selling a fake dream to they're locals. I would hate to sell my puntland locals a false hope, and yes this includes the marehan, ogaden, hawiye, rahanwayn boys of the south on this forum. I am not saying oil doesn't exist in the southern farm land, I think oil exists everywhere in the world since they are just remnants of marine life that used to live above the ground in rivers and lakes and so forth, so the location of gold or diamonds or oils from the ground, I don't think is the issue.

These oil companies require you lease them large blocks of land, they need 'large' acreages, your talking 'nation state level' acreage of land they need, so they can drill many wells, imagine these dumb southerners gave them all they're southern 'farming' land, you would displace the farming population, where will they go? You can't have two industries on the same land. You can't say I want farmers to stay and oil companies here at the same time who require large 'sq km' of land purchases.

This is why there is no place on earth where mining or oil is drilled from farming land, it's either usually 'desert or icey' areas where OIL drilling and Exporation is done, because those lands serve no real purpose anyways in terms of farming and this will be a benefit for those who live there to have an industry of mining and oil resources.

Check out all all the mining and oil countries, they share a common 'trait'. The land is un-used in terms of farming. It's usually semi arid or desert or it's the land has large ice shelf on top of it, where farming is impossible like Russia. So give up waryaa southern boys, no-one is going to displace southern farmers in order to bring oil and mining sector.

If an oil and mining sector is going to happen it will happen above Beletwayn river to Bosaso to Burco to Berbera to Ogadeniya, basically all the areas that are semi arid and the land isn't being used for any occupation. If you want oil the only hope you have is off-shore in the sea, I can imagine that being a possibility for the south but not on-shore no-way. So there u go guys.

Plus forget minerals, mining, or anything where they require large blocks of land in the south cuz it will lead to displacement of farmers plus our country could starve if farming isn't done on the land so stick to your farming. Gold, Diamonds, Quartz, Emeralds, all that shit won't happen in the south anyways, these industries will happen in PL.

PL potential is extremely bright. 1600 KM of coast-line meaning 50% of Somalia oil potential lies in PL. Well maybe not the red sea portion sorry Isaaq @SirLancelLord @Lordilord @DRACO , that's a trade link area and very insecure in terms of geopolitical wars, no1 is going to risk a 'oil rig' anywhere there. So the potential of Isaaq having oil in the off-shore is zero to nil.

PL still has a long stretch of Indian ocean to play with Hawiye on. Basically from Gardufu to Garacad is quite large acreage and possibly the largest in the Indian Ocean. If oil is going to be drilled off-shore it will be the Indian ocean side of Somalia not the red sea side that's why no country on the red sea has any 'oil' rigs there.

Last edited:
What nonsense are spewing around?
Oil wells can be within a farm. Most oil wells i know are in farms of canola and wheat.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What nonsense are spewing around?
Oil wells can be within a farm. Most oil wells i know are in farms of canola and wheat.

Oil companies require you lease them land, land the size of 'belgium' since they need to drill many wells over a given site. Either farmer stay or go, the land must be given up, they're not going to tolerate farmers on the land while they purchased the land for oil drilling. It's there land now. Are you going to lease them shabellaha dhexe/hoose cause they want it ALL, the whole land, not just portions of it to do drilling. If they get portions this means they're liklihood of oil find is less since they drill less wells, they need as much land acreage as possible.

I doubt the South is ever going to have oil. Sorry go look at all the sites for mineral and oil exploration it's never done anywhere near farming regions, it's either in alaska or canada icey areas like russia or deserts like saudi, sudan, etc. The moral of the story is, it must be UN-USED LAND, the south is USED LAND, so you won't get nothing waryaa except farming bananas, as PL exports barrels of oils thru bosaso.

Oil companies require you lease them land, land the size of 'belgium' since they need to drill many wells over a given site. Either farmer stay or go, the land must be given up, they're not going to tolerate farmers on the land while they purchased the land for oil drilling. It's there land now. Are you going to lease them shabellaha dhexe/hoose cause they want it ALL, the whole land, not just portions of it to do drilling. If they get portions this means they're liklihood of oil find is less since they drill less wells, they need as much land acreage as possible.

I doubt the South is ever going to have oil. Sorry go look at all the sites for mineral and oil exploration it's never done anywhere near farming regions, it's either in alaska or canada icey areas like russia or deserts like saudi, sudan, etc. The moral of the story is, it must be UN-USED LAND, the south is USED LAND, so you won't get nothing waryaa except farming bananas, as PL exports barrels of oils thru bosaso.
Don't confuse between exploration and extraction, minerals and oil are different unless it's oil sand. This is the field i work in and you are trying to explain to me what i do for living.

They might need to explore large areas but the oil rigs themself shouldnt take up too much space at all. Theres also the offshore basins from galkacyo to kismayo. Once they sort out their security, theres no reason why they wont extract, to be honest.

Trending

Latest posts