Somalia Making Exponential Progress: Militarily, Financially, And Diplomatically

The country has seen competent leadership for the first time in 30 years and this has all been possible in 3 short years. The Nabad iyo Nolal administration has shown that leaders that have a common agenda and clear cut administrative duties can overcome much of the challenges we've faced in previous unstable governments.

Progress in terms of military prowess has been consistent with biometric accounting being setup to make sure all soldiers are paid and stationed in the right areas with clear directives.

Financial progress has been achieved with this administration being the most capable by a long shot and the most transparent as well. Which has allowed the world community to once again open the doors of financial/technical opportunities that have been shut since the fall of the Somali central government. This will provide the funds to further the quality of life for all Somalis.

">
">

And with the diplomatic maturity this government has shown when dealing with out neighbors has been the most interesting and successful. We've responded to hostile actions well and also kept friendships with nations that have shown us their support as this admin has been continuing to become stronger. One of our closest allies will finish constructing their largest embassy in Somalia this upcoming year while many other nations have also reopened their embassies which include the US, and China.
">

With all of this progress and much more it is in Somalia's best interest for this current government to continue on with their work. Their vision is working and the masses have responded well to the mandate. Nabad iyo Nolal 4 more years waa muqadas.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
All this is nonsense. I've been hearing about stuff like this for the past 4 years "Somalia is changing", "projected to X in Y amount of years", "will have this and that by 20XX". Yet I still see no change. Why are you so excited about an Embassy that hasn't yet even finished? I won't believe Somalia is in a better state until its people are in a better state. I'm not denying the government's efforts, I'm just saying I've been hearing the same story for a while and still no proof. Talk to me when Somalia has its own airline, defeated the Al-Shabaab, aren't fighting each other while their enemies profit from it.

All this is nonsense. I've been hearing about stuff like this for the past 4 years "Somalia is changing", "projected to X in Y amount of years", "will have this and that by 20XX". Yet I still see no change. Why are you so excited about an Embassy that hasn't yet even finished? I won't believe Somalia is in a better state until its people are in a better state. I'm not denying the government's efforts, I'm just saying I've been hearing the same story for a while and still no proof. Talk to me when Somalia has its own airline, defeated the Al-Shabaab, aren't fighting each other while their enemies profit from it.

Your points are understandable, however all objective observers must also concede that it's much easier to destroy something than build. This should be a fundamental concept to grasp. Having said that, the country has been in unstable and inconsistent hands for many years and has also collapsed before that. This administration has only been in office for 3 years and are making changes that will be the framework for the progress to come.

All of the current efforts are building a "Bottom-up Approach" to governance in which all federal member states are functional and on the same page. This will allow for fluid working conditions between the Federal government and the states that come under it. Much of this cohesion plan has come to pass and also bore fruits of stability and peace quickly. The military reforms will allow for the order/directions to start working for the first time in decades and ensure soldiers don't lose morale due to chaotic structures. The financial reforms have been robust and acknowledgment from large global institutions have only reassured the populace.

The government has finally reached a point of maturity in which the President, Prime Minister and all government officials have similar interests and agendas which will allow for progress to be achieve in a quicker speed. The Parliament/Senate has also been working closely with the government and have lessened their antics of bringing forth useless motions. This has given our allies confidence that the institutions are working as they should. All of this is new to Somalia you can't expect a nation that crumbled to be rebuilt in only a few years with limited resources. The future is looking bright with competent leaders that much is certain.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Your points are understandable, however all objective observers must also concede that it's much easier to destroy something than build. This should be a fundamental concept to grasp. Having said that, the country has been in unstable and inconsistent hands for many years and has also collapsed before that. This administration has only been in office for 3 years and are making changes that will be the framework for the progress to come.

All of the current efforts are building a "Bottom-up Approach" to governance in which all federal member states are functional and on the same page. This will allow for fluid working conditions between the Federal government and the states that come under it. Much of this cohesion plan has come to pass and also bore fruits of stability and peace quickly. The military reforms will allow for the order/directions to start working for the first time in decades and ensure soldiers don't lose morale due to chaotic structures. The financial reforms have been robust and acknowledgment from large global institutions have only reassured the populace.

The government has finally reached a point of maturity in which the President, Prime Minister and all government officials have similar interests and agendas which will allow for progress to be achieve in a quicker speed. The Parliament/Senate has also been working closely with the government and have lessened their antics of bringing forth useless motions. This has given our allies confidence that the institutions are working as they should. All of this is new to Somalia you can't expect a nation that crumbled to be rebuilt in only a few years with limited resources. The future is looking bright with competent leaders that much is certain.

You say this with such certainty, but how are the officials and bodies all on the same page when Somalia is torn up into many small factions? I hate to be a pessimist and I really do hope Somalia changes for the better. I know the country can't be a developed nation in just a few days or something, but at the very least small things can be done one after another to change the country. These small things can include reforms to the outdated laws, opening up mines and other industries that would benefit the economy, tightening laws against foreign illegal fishers, chasing out foreign African Military bases that think they own the land (Refusing the president, and military chief officers access to a military base in THEIR land, raping Somali women and girls), the list goes on. I'm happy they cleared the debts but they could be working faster in so many ways; actually, they would be if they didn't make pit stops to embezzle money along the way.

You say this with such certainty, but how are the officials and bodies all on the same page when Somalia is torn up into many small factions? I hate to be a pessimist and I really do hope Somalia changes for the better. I know the country can't be a developed nation in just a few days or something, but at the very least small things can be done one after another to change the country. These small things can include reforms to the outdated laws, opening up mines and other industries that would benefit the economy, tightening laws against foreign illegal fishers, chasing out foreign African Military bases that think they own the land (Refusing the president, and military chief officers access to a military base in THEIR land, raping Somali women and girls), the list goes on. I'm happy they cleared the debts but they could be working faster in so many ways; actually, they would be if they didn't make pit stops to embezzle money along the way.

Getting rid of all the small factions should be and has been one of the top priorities of the nation. This is just as important as the insurgent problem because many of the so-called opposition leaders are being paid directly to undermine the progress of the nation. This has been the case for many years and has brought about violence, instability, and destruction of public trust in institutions. Many new laws have been adopted which include anti-corruption laws that have once again opened the doors for us to be included in the world financial market. This was impossible in years prior.

There's a lot of initiatives that I would like to see happen instantly myself but by being practical you will have to understand that building back resources is not easy with such disarray. The military is being rapidly restructured and professionally trained to takeover from the EU backed peacekeeping force and many of those bases that had illegal conduct have been finally closed. Many things will need to change, but being pessimistic does no one any good. Being critical is fine since it'll bring about change, however being contrarian due to biases is what many people on this forum have succumbed to, fortunately it's the opposite in real life.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Sometimes I can't hold back the tears in absolute joy when I see our country and people rejoining and catching up with the rest of the world. May we continue to progress, long live Somalia :)

Farm

VIP
Sometimes I can't hold back the tears in absolute joy when I see our country and people rejoining and catching up with the rest of the world. May we continue to progress, long live Somalia :)

tenor.gif

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP

There's nothing wrong with joyful tears, I wasn't bawling out of control but it was one of those moments like when your oldest son graduates and the tear rolls down with or without ur permission. I am not ashamed, very proud of the milestone Somalia reached. :)

Trending