Somalia makes no concessions in sea border row to normalize Kenya ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
NAIROBI, Kenya - Somalia, and Kenya have agreed on Wednesday to restore diplomatic relations that have been strained and reached its lowest point since last month, Garowe Online reports.

The efforts to normalize bilateral ties and further strengthen cooperation between the two neighboring Horn of Africa countries came during President Farmajo's historic visit to Nairobi on Wednesday.

Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed helped deescalate tension between Somalia and Kenya following separate meetings with Farmajo and Uhuru in Addis Ababa this week as a mediating role in the dispute.

"Through the leadership of PM Abiy Ahmed, Uhuru Kenyatta and Farmajo met this morning to discuss extensively on the source of the two countries dispute. As an outcome both agreed to work towards peace & to take measures in addressing particular issues that escalated the tensions," said Abiy’s office.

The diplomatic spat emerged last month after Kenya summoned its ambassador to Somalia, in protest of Somalia's decision to auction oil and gas blocks in the disputed maritime boundary in the Indian Ocean.

A source at the office of Somalia president revealed to GO that no concessions have been made in the current sea border row during the talks in Nairobi. Somalia filed a complaint with the ICJ in August 2014.

Besides hosting more than 400,000 of Somali refugees at Dadaab camps, Kenya has troops serving in Somalia as part of the African Union Mission to fight the Al-Qaeda-linked Al-Shabab militants.

https://www.garoweonline.com/en/new...ons-in-sea-border-row-to-normalize-kenya-ties

:obama:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
A source at the office of Somalia president revealed to GO that no concessions have been made in the current sea border row during the talks in Nairobi. Somalia filed a complaint with the ICJ in August 2014.
:comeon:
I hope it's true...

The only concessions i would make is to say we will pay back your cost that you payed for the MOU, This then allows me to get an official paper trail and arrest the fuckers that signed it !

It also keep Kenya happy as they have an ever heftier bill to pay the oil companies that auction those blocks. $300 Mil plus.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
The only concessions i would make is to say we will pay back your cost that you payed for the MOU, This then allows me to get an official paper trail and arrest the fuckers that signed it !

It also keep Kenya happy as they have an ever heftier bill to pay the oil companies that auction those blocks. $300 Mil plus.
Somalia will pay the bill book it. And i heard it was 200 million

Somalia will pay the bill book it. And i heard it was 200 million

Why not just to the oil companies listen the agreement you signed with Kenya can be transferred to us (AFTER you check the rates and if they are in line with the rest) if you don't sue them.

If the blocks offer 60 B - 80 B the 200 million kenya owes us can be repaid in different ways. Pragmatic and sound i think, as well as throwing the Kenyans a bone.

Shaolin23

Why not just to the oil companies listen the agreement you signed with Kenya can be transferred to us (AFTER you check the rates and if they are in line with the rest) if you don't sue them.

If the blocks offer 60 B - 80 B the 200 million kenya owes us can be repaid in different ways. Pragmatic and sound i think, as well as throwing the Kenyans a bone.
Exactly thats what this whole fiasco was about Kenya stealing money again it was a huge finesse they knew they were going to lose the court case so they made a play to recoup the money they sold the blocks for at Somalia’s expense

Peace must always be given a chance regardless of how bad things get.

We can't change neighbours, but we sure as hell can make sure that any disagreement is settled diplomatically.

Exactly thats what this whole fiasco was about Kenya stealing money again it was a huge finesse they knew they were going to lose the court case so they made a play to recoup the money they sold the blocks for at Somalia’s expense

The wierd thing is if they would just ask , somali would have thrown them a bone inreturn for a few things namely amisom kenyan troops not fucking about in jubba, and not harming kenyan somalis.

These guys are weird bantus man.

Shaolin23

Peace must always be given a chance regardless of how bad things get.

We can't change neighbours, but we sure as hell can make sure that any disagreement is settled diplomatically.
0F222515-86D7-4B82-9A70-BC465725A430.gif

Farmaajo vs Uhuru

Waa maxay diplomatica war waana la jabsaday ninyahow :mindblown:

Its basic mind games really. Kenya overreaches so that NFD is not even in the question. Attack is the best defence is their strategy. Adoon baa political chess na la ciyaareyso
image.jpg

:farmajoyaab:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending