Somalia joins Comesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nabad iyo Nolol :qri8gs7:

Let's get the national reconciliation out of the way, so we can focus on manufacturing, services, and exploitation of our natural resources

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
We produce nor manufacture nothing, why are giving free access to our markets to foreigners? they will out-compete Somalis in every field with their companies. we need to build our markets and have a solid foundation before going to a free trade block.

What do the Feds expect? that Somalia will magically compete with Eygpt and Sudan? Nations with major companies in every field possible. If Somalia did not change before opening up it will not change after Egyptian cheap goods flood the market.

what are they thinking :gucciwhat:

We produce nor manufacture nothing, why are giving free access to our markets to foreigners? they will out-compete Somalis in every field with their companies. we need to build our markets and have a solid foundation before going to a free trade block.

What do the Feds expect? that Somalia will magically compete with Eygpt and Sudan? Nations with major companies in every field possible. If Somalia did not change before opening up it will not change after Egyptian cheap goods flood the market.

:ivers:

Grow a pair, it's disgusting how you believe we wont or cant compete.

You should believe in the capacity of your people a bit more. The desert crawling and tree climbing tribes of Africa aint got shit on us

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland

You should believe in the capacity of your people a bit more. The desert crawling and tree climbing tribes of Africa aint got shit on us
Are you expect Somalia to magically compete? we produce and manufacture nothing do you knoww what that even means? so you think we are going to go from zero to hero. Fact, we already have a trade deficit and you think we are going to be from zero industries to importing our needs into building our own. Whats the point of building Somali industries when 100 percent of a market's needs are met with foreign goods:bell:

What i see happening is the livestock industry going to be eaten up by Egypt and Sudan, with their cheap and ready-made labour force, national peace and a more funded industry that can do something as simply pack its own meat. How is a Somali farmer whose livestock dies every drought going to compete with foreign companies?

Last edited:
Are you expect Somalia to magically compete? we produce and manufacture nothing do you knoww what that even means? so you think we are going to go from zero to hero. Fact, we already have a trade deficit and you think we are going to be from zero industries to importing our needs into building our own. Whats the point of building Somali industries when 100 percent of a market's needs are met with foreign goods:bell:

What i see happening is the livestock industry going to be eaten up by Egypt and Sudan, with their cheap and ready-made labour force, national peace and a more funded industry that can do something as simply pack its own meat. How is a Somali farmer whose livestock dies every drought going to compete with foreign companies?

tenor.gif

I agree but you have to take into account that they have a head start. Unless we come across an oil goldmine the size of california and start exporting it to countries for lots of money, then i doubt we can catch up in such a short time. It will take us more than 50 yrs to catch up since we don't have oil like dubai or saudi arabia who pumped up their economy from 1940-2000 through oil resource sales.

I agree but you have to take into account that they have a head start. Unless we come across an oil goldmine the size of california and start exporting it to countries for lots of money, then i doubt we can catch up in such a short time. It will take us more than 50 yrs to catch up since we don't have oil like dubai or saudi arabia who pumped up their economy from 1940-2000 through oil resource sales.

As for oil we have and we will exploit it this time round. We have enough to export & we have the business class spread throughout africa that will be motivated by this development to invest at home

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

They got everything on you just check the HDI... They will push their products onto Somalia which will suffer from a trade deficit and economic power will be in their hands. This sets Somalia up for failure because the cheaper foreign goods will outsell the more expensive local ones (the local ones will be more expensive due to less industrialization and mass production than those exporting countries)

They got everything on you just check the HDI... They will push their products onto Somalia which will suffer from a trade deficit and economic power will be in their hands. This sets Somalia up for failure because the cheaper foreign goods will outsell the more expensive local ones (the local ones will be more expensive due to less industrialization and mass production than those exporting countries)

You dont know much about local economy in Somalia. African imports are nothing compared to middle east china and western products in Somalia.

This deal is in our interest and people more knowledgable than you and I have worked on it for years.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You dont know much about local economy in Somalia. African imports are nothing compared to middle east china and western products in Somalia.

This deal is in our interest and people more knowledgable than you and I have worked on it for years.
We aren't talking about now, we are talking about the future. Since you are the expert explain why it's good for Somalia.

We aren't talking about now, we are talking about the future. Since you are the expert explain why it's good for Somalia.

Who knows what the future holds my bro your guess is as good as mine.

Im no expert but I have worked in several African countries for the past 7 years and seen first hand how they have no existing value adding producion for export, they hardly meet national requirements

This deal will work in the long run
We will compete obviously country like South africa is not in our league but the other 20 nations in Comesa are not that great and doubt they out business a Somali

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
America didn't open up to the world till after world war 2 in terms of trade anyway, everything was done locally to develop it's own capacity or else the bigger and stronger europe with far more capacity, skills, history, and money would've of SHUT America down. Infact China is shutting it down as we speak now in our times, competing and doing the same goods cheaper, faster, and delivering it to your door-steps with little delay.

They also have good reliable support and warranties on big ticket items that cost a-lot of money, they just don't provide warranty and support on products less then $100 dollars, that's why china is famous for cheap and unreliable products but they forget to tell you it's the common market or the items less then $100 they don't put much quality work into because it's cheaper replacing it and giving you another one then fixing it due to all the down-time and labor costs that goes on time.

The goods you guys are talking about are ridiculous, Africa the whole continent north-south-east-west do not manufacture anything, I am not sure where you get this idea from? Look at their emission rates of carbon, it's the lowest in the world. Factories that emitt alot of gases into the sky, produce and manufacture. Africa has light-weight industries for local purposes not for global purposes or even continental purposes.

I think this COMESA idea is to use the china products because China is africa's trading partner and open up competition between african re-sellers on the continent so prices eventually come down and living costs remain low for the African, it's not a bad idea if you ask me. The maryaloley needs competition and it's in somali benefit they get competition also or else they will charge you an arm and leg for basic goods and services.

Bring in COMESA I say, it's a good mechanism to ensure living costs go down. I hope they compete heavily not so much around food products and market products but more around infrastructure products. I would love to hire an egyptian who can do an infrastructure job for me 80% cheaper then a Somali and have higher quality and support guarantees. Same goes for Energy oh my do we need africa to open up this sector, it's so expensive and it's time costs go down without energy costs going down, it will be hard to entice FDI into the continent as a whole.

True only thing we manfacurte is tuna expect Somali tuna to be everywhere:mjlol:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Africa just re-sells chinese goods, they don't make it. Where in the world do you see the factories on the continent and the low emission rates indicate very low-level footprints in terms of the manufacturing output. Their babies in manufacturing. Their resellers, waa dukamo, they import the goods and then resell it on the continent.

By opening up all shops to competition across borders and in a trade bloc with no tariffs, visa, and taxation restrictions on foreign players it means prices will drop in each nation, it's a good deal for all the nations involved. The last thing you want is a maryaloley providing a service and saying I am the only provider and I will charge you what I want, like they do in the energy sector, communication sector, and so forth because they haven't diversified. I can't wait to African players enter in Somalia and knock Somalis out. Compete or die bay noqonaysa arintu.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
True only thing we manfacurte is tuna expect Somali tuna to be everywhere:mjlol:

It's not about factories it's a common market, it's about resellers and dukamo not warshado. You don't understand free trade very well do you. Manufacturers only exist in China as they create the bulk of goods the world resells, we are all just buyers and sellers now of chinese goods. The tuna factory has nothing to do with it and covers local consumption only, they don't have the equipment for mass production when China does it cheaper. Were talking about reselling it in the market place. It's about buyers and sellers and ending the barriers to competition so each nation competes to lower prices in their country so investors can come and develop it further.

No investor is coming to Somalia sxb as long as cost of living and energy is at $1 dollar

It's not about factories it's a common market, it's about resellers and dukamo not warshado. You don't understand free trade very well do you. Manufacturers only exist in China as they create the bulk of goods the world resells, we are all just buyers and sellers now of chinese goods. The tuna factory has nothing to do with it and covers local consumption only, they don't have the equipment for mass production when China does it cheaper. Were talking about reselling it in the market place. It's about buyers and sellers and ending the barriers to competition so each nation competes to lower prices in their country so investors can come and develop it further.

No investor is coming to Somalia sxb as long as cost of living and energy is at $1 dollar
Bro China is getting expensive people are looking for other places to manufacture

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bro China is getting expensive people are looking for other places to manufacture

What are you talking about sxb, look at your whole house and products and statistically work out where the bulk of it comes from. It's all from China niyahow. There is only one factory maker in the world, there is no other factory maker at a global scale other then China. The rest of the factories in the world are simply for local consumption in their nation with a little bit of help from their government to make it hard for the chinese to access, that's the only reason those small local manufacturers survive because they want unfairness in the market place and government making it hard for foreigners.

I want Garowe not hostage to 1 electricity provider, I want it opened up to 5 or 6 providers all wind and solar based to compete the guy holding us hostage to prices because he don't care as long as he makes a profit, no investor will come as long as their is only one energy provider. It's a disaster because your whole product is relying in one man and company and it can also lead to bribes and corruption on your company but when you have the choice of going to 5 or 6 other providers, corruption in the market place ends as they know you can leave and get similar priced and quality services for your business.

I want Puntland in it's next government to tap into COMESA and begin forging development plans to expand and diversify our energy sector and send our business-men to the best energy provider in renewables to enter garowe so costs to energy go down so more businesses can open up. You can do what you want government see that's why we won't get along as somalis as long as our development plans are the same, we need to remain federal and create our own development plans and compete against each other at a state level, at least your poor decisions can be limited to your region and have it affected by it not affect me also if we are all centralized to your low brain capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending