Somalia is one of 53 countries supporting China's crackdown on Hong Kong.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Hong Kong never had a chance. I can't believe now that early on in the protest, I though they would make a change
:snoop:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It would be stupid for Somalia to go against china purely because of uyghurs. We don't have the power to day, making a stand will be like an ant getting in the way of an elephant, it's completely useless.

Stop acting like Somalia could have saved the muslims just by standing against China. That would just put Somalia in China's crosshair.

It would be stupid for Somalia to go against china purely because of uyghurs. We don't have the power to day, making a stand will be like an ant getting in the way of an elephant, it's completely useless.

Stop acting like Somalia could have saved the muslims just by standing against China. That would just put Somalia in China's crosshair.
The problem is the possibility of a proxy war between Somaliland and Somalia America China;but the odds are right now Joe Biden is it gonna win the presidency and ilhan Omar Will be the ambassador to Somalia in ads are she probably won’t give Somaliland ictraf and won’t invoke a proxy war

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
In politics you always look out for yourself all the leaders that tried helping out others got killed in the end look at Gaddafi for example

Sax as arms embargo must go so we can fix up

OffTheDome

Proud American
how can you support your fellow Muslims being put into concentration camps :snoop: didn't expect much from a paper government anyway:manny:

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
how can you support your fellow Muslims being put into concentration camps :snoop: didn't expect much from a paper government anyway:manny:

If Somaliland was in the same position. You'll make the same decision for self preservation and increase in foreign influence. Where were all these "Muslim" countries for the last 30 years when Somalis were fighting each other? Politics is amoral. But that's the game yo

:trumpsmirk:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I thank god you’re not leading somalia. I’d respect a man who puts his people before foreigners any day.

I thank god you’re not leading somalia. I’d respect a man who puts his people before foreigners any day.
How is it putting "his people first" when you know it's only because of Somaliland?

Somalia wasn't buddy buddy with China until Somaliland starting talking to Taiwan. In fact, I can't even recall them even talking to China more than a couple of times at most.

All of a sudden in 1 week, they are inviting the Chinese foreign ambassador to Mogadishu for "talks" and talking about a future with China? Specifically subtweeting about Somaliland/Taiwan?

Farmaajo has always been obsessed with Somaliland but going as far as to forge a relationship with another country just because of them?

Villa Somalia wishes they could do Somaliland like China is doing Hong Kong but it doesn't work when Somaliland has as much power as them versus Hong Kong being a tiny ass "city"

Last edited:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How is it putting "his people first" when you know it's only because of Somaliland?

Somalia wasn't buddy buddy with China until Somaliland starting talking to Taiwan. In fact, I can't even recall them even talking to China more than a couple of times at most.

All of a sudden in 1 week, they are inviting the Chinese foreign ambassador to Mogadishu for "talks" and talking about a future with China? Specifically subtweeting about Somaliland/Taiwan?

Farmaajo has always been obsessed with Somaliland but going as far as to forge a relationship with another country just because of them?

Villa Somalia wishes they could do Somaliland like China is doing Hong Kong but it doesn't work when Somaliland has as much power as them versus Hong Kong being a tiny ass "city"
You’re crazy man, you must be a somalilander to believe that all of somali politics revolves around somaliland. How egotistical can you be?

Think about it, do you think Somalia has the qualifications to just build close relationships with China for whatever reason they want??? Of course not! It was the other way around, Taiwan made relations with SL, China was pissed that a sh*tty state was defying the One China Policy so it reached out to Somalia.

Only then did Somali accept. Whether SL sided with Taiwan or not, 100% Somalia wouldn’t refuse a delegation from China. This has more to do with creating a relationship with China than spiting SL. Use your brain man.

If Somalia had the ability to just buddy up with a world super power whenever they wanted, they would have done it a long time ago regardless of SL. Not everything is about you guys, god you guys are so arrogant. Most Somalis don’t even care about you guys you know that?

You’re crazy man, you must be a somalilander to believe that all of somali politics revolves around somaliland. How egotistical can you be?

Think about it, do you think Somalia has the qualifications to just build close relationships with China for whatever reason they want??? Of course not! It was the other way around, Taiwan made relations with SL, China was pissed that a sh*tty state was defying the One China Policy so it reached out to Somalia.

Only then did Somali accept. Whether SL sided with Taiwan or not, 100% Somalia wouldn’t refuse a delegation from China. This has more to do with creating a relationship with China than spiting SL. Use your brain man.

If Somalia had the ability to just buddy up with a world super power whenever they wanted, they would have done it a long time ago regardless of SL. Not everything is about you guys, god you guys are so arrogant. Most Somalis don’t even care about you guys you know that?

The Chinese delegation LITERALLY TWEETED about "Respecting Somalia Sovereignty" posted with a picture of the meeting justa couple of days after Somaliland was talking with Taiwan. Right After Somaliland and Taiwan announced their partnership.

The whole precursor to the Somalia China meeting was defined by literally EVERYONE in Somali politics as a result of the Somaliland Taiwan shit.

You can't possibly sit here and deny that.

Last edited:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The Chinese delegation LITERALLY TWEETED about "Respecting Somalia Sovereignty" posted with a picture of the meeting justa couple of days after Somaliland was talking with Taiwan. Right After Somaliland and Taiwan announced their partnership.

The whole precursor to the Somalia China meeting was defined by literally EVERYONE in Somali politics as a result of the Somaliland Taiwan shit.

You can't possibly sit here and deny that.
Yes, China began the relationship to spite taiwan and SL. Who is somalia to reject? Like I said, it takes simple logic to know that Somalia can’t just up and talk to China to make relations, if they could, they wouldn’t do it purely to xin SL and would have done it ages ago.

Is Farmajo not supposed to take his opportunity to get a big world player to credit his regime and it's "authority" over an autonomous region of the country.

China was not responding to Somaliland but Tiawan. They have made sure the Tiawan government received the message loud and clear about the one China policy.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
By siding with an Islamophobic regime you are putting foreigners over your people as we are all brothers and sisters under Islam
In what way would siding with powerless uighers help Somalia?
You're speaking as if we've taken the middle ground, If I witness a village getting gunned down while I'm powerless to intervene the neutral position would be to not do anything instead of pledging my allegiance to the perpetrators

Everything is a good political move once you do away with ethics and human decency as making money is the main goal, not satisfying the people. so please let's get rid of that argument.

I am extremely repulsed by this decision as it enables further systemic oppression and genocide upon Muslim minorities.
Every government is flawed and sadly Somalia is a prime example, which is why I won't be making any absurd mental gymnastics to detach myself from reality and somehow pretend this is a good thing.

it's okay to be ashamed of your government, everyone is.

Trending

Latest posts