Somalia is in a Malthusian trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean a malthusian catastrophe? I agree, the only way to escape it is through innovation and technological growth, but first we need to get rid of islam, or transition to some kind of non-dogmatic version of it.
Tbh most Somalis are very spritual sxb, so abandoning Islam isn't the solution. We can keep Islam, however the state should be secular, people should be allowed to practice islam in the private sphere & we can still have public islamic holidays/celebrations because its part of our heritage. I agree that Somalia needs a secular state that recognises the importance of science & technology. The sooner we as a nation recognise this, the better future Somalia will have.

Somalia is cursed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Im still sort of optimistic of Somalia's future. The Turks have managed to turn their country into a first class nation by becoming secular, whilst also respecting religion. They've built their nation by recognising the importance of science & technology. Somalis can achieve something similar when the diaspora return to Somalia insha'allah.

Im still sort of optimistic of Somalia's future. The Turks have managed to turn their country into a first class nation by becoming secular, whilst also respecting religion. They've built their nation by recognising the importance of science & technology. Somalis can achieve something similar when the diaspora return to Somalia insha'allah.

Tbh, Somalia is the perfect country. It has access to the sea, has fertile land in the south and two major rivers. It has year-round sunshine, tides and wind for alternative energy. It also has been rumored to have huge oil and uranium reserves. It should be one of the richest nations on earth. Unfortunately, the people are retarded.

Tbh, Somalia is the perfect country. It has access to the sea, has fertile land in the south and two major rivers. It has year-round sunshine, tides and wind for alternative energy. It also has been rumored to have huge oil and uranium reserves. It should be one of the richest nations on earth. Unfortunately, the people are retarded.
Its high time Somalia goes through an "enlightenment" period.

@emptyheartsflow Not yet because a famine of population restructuring proportions has been kept at bay by international aid organizations.
Abandoning Islam?? No, the solution is birth control and increasing agricultural output.

Good paper on Mali which is in a similar situation
http://www.michaelwalton.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Malthusian-trap-Mali.pdf

I was with you until you began to contradict yourself, the moment you begin to talk about 'birth control' you are singing from the Malthusian hymn book,

The fictitious 'over population' and 'population reduction' are all Malthusian ideas and constructs, they came from the man himself and didn't exist before him.

Might as well call yourself a Malthusian.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I was with you until you began to contradict yourself, the moment you begin to talk about 'birth control' you are singing from the Malthusian hymn book,

The fictitious 'over population' and 'population reduction' are all Malthusian ideas and constructs, they came from the man himself and didn't exist before him.

Might as well call yourself a Malthusian.

Somalis has not industrialized at all, so the situation Malthus described is at play. I don't see how recommending birth control for a country experiencing TFR of 6.1 is contradictory. The truth of the matter is that Somalia does not produce enough food to feed itself and is relying on the good will of the International Community to keep 1/3 of its population alive. If Somali women are not given the option of birth control, then population growth will ruin whatever productive capacity the country had. Who will feed 10 million Somalis when our population reaches 25 million and a drought hits? I'm sure the good will of the International Community will have run out by then.

Dude are you a Muslim or not? because everything you just wrote is not only contrary to our religion, but to anyone that has looked into this topic deeply.

I don't think you have any clue what destroyed the Somali bartering system we had, the causes of poverty, this mafia cartel financial crediting system in use that ensures enslavement and perpetual poverty & what destroyed our agriculture and all other industries we had.

I don't even know were to start with this, but I expected you to have a better grasp of reality rather this Europhile world view, one of the brothers not long ago posted study that was done, it highlighted that the poorest nations in African paid 30x into the system than what they got out, and your talking about international community keeping people alive, the whole continent is enslaved and pillages six ways to Sunday.

But as always go ahead with this Europhile comformist view blindly, blaming the victims for their problems, you will soon get a reality call in the West when the people revolt, as now even they are starting to get affected by this, they just passed legislation's to restrict payment in cash moving towards a cashless mafia system to prop up the failining insitutions.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-27/europe-proposes-restrictions-payments-cash

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
As if the West cares enough about Somalia!
:drakelaugh:

Dude you have to stop with the conspiracy theories, be thankful that the West is feeding our people instead of letting them starve.
Somalia has always been a poor country, and population growth has made it even poorer. You should really watch that lecture I posted above.

As if the West cares enough about Somalia!
:drakelaugh:

Dude you have to stop with the conspiracy theories, be thankful that the West is feeding our people instead of letting them starve.
Somalia has always been a poor country, and population growth has made it even poorer. You should really watch that lecture I posted above.

Don't worry dude Aabe Europhile provides only and he is the ultimate quencher of thirst and hunger, the giver, the sustainer and the one that nourishes the poor, the weak, the down trodden

Like that famous Europhile professor retorted, "we were stupid to use physical enslavement" nothing beats mental enslavements, that dude was talking about spineless brainless peasants like you, now orad oh gaalka naaska uu jaq bakhtiyahow bila damiirka iyo dhiiga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending