Somalia industrial manufactering sector and GDP

bidenkulaha

GalYare
View attachment 227783

Personally, I would make south Somalia the food basket of Somalia which it is and should be. Main employment in this area in the present day and coming age should be agriculture, especially farming. I would build desalination plants to deliver water if needed. Every inch of Somalias arable land should be farmed, even if its not commerciably viable. Food security should be priority. I would extend this area to Galbeed if Somalias manages to get it back.

Second farming area should be the Northwest region.

We should place future heavy industries in our more emptier regions such as GM and Puntland. The military should be also be based here. Plenty of space. Together with fishing sector, these two regions could stand on their own in the future.

This is what Somalia can do in the short term.
This has also been my vision but till we can get rid of Shabaab in the South we won’t be able to make progress on this.

Hopefully our budgets swell after we get access to international finance and that way can fund a large army.

Agriculture, public sector jobs situations should sold unemployment issues to an extent.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
This has also been my vision but till we can get rid of Shabaab in the South we won’t be able to make progress on this.

Hopefully our budgets swell after we get access to international finance and that way can fund a large army.

Agriculture, public sector jobs situations should sold unemployment issues to an extent.

Disagree.

You can't get rid of AS without first forcefully kick-starting our economy.

International finance wouldn't touch us until we get rid of AS and by then why would you give foreign investors the best cuts of the pie?

Agriculture and public sector jobs should employ the least amount of people if we want to increase our GDP per capita. They shouldn't be even be our priority as they won't get us the cold hard foreign currency we need.

Trending