Somalia Hidden Population

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
So what's is your nomadic population count? this is the hidden population of Somalia and basically controls 40% of Somalia GDP through livestock and therefore if they own 40% of the GDP, you would assume they are at least 40% of the population if not more. Some place their population as high as 60% of the nation. A good example is 'ogadeniya'. The regional population is placed at 8 million, how-ever their towns and cities only account for 1-2 million. 7 million are basically on camels and not settled into city living.

At a clan level, your specific clan, what is your nomadic count? at least 50% of my sub sub clan is 'on camels' according to our diya registrations. Only half are settled into towns. So populations of clans cannot be known through UNFPA because that only is speaking of settlements only.

As far as PL is concerned which I am aware of. Only 20-40% are settled into cities as a whole. 60% or more are on camels similar to ogadeniya. I looked at the land-mass of ogadenia and it's larger then PL land-mass just by a little bit. . If 5 million are on camels in ogadeniya with 2 million settled into cities. PL land size is about the same as ogadeniya and but that's including SSC/Makhir/WARDER. You would assume we have similar 4-5 million nomads in PL like they have 5 million nomads in Ogadeniya. I think population wise PL and DDSI are the same. So is this a fair estimate? 4 million nomads. 2.5 million population for city/district/village settlements.

Because if half my sub sub clan is on nomads, I am assuming half other sub sub clans are on camels. So if settlements are 3 million in PL(including ssc and makhir), then it's fair to say another half 3 million are on camels. Population is anywhere from 6 million in PL.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Half of PL population is Majerten so give 3 million to MJ. 2 million to Dhulos. 1 million to Warsangeli. That's how the parliament is split also. 31 mj, 17 dhulos, 9 warsangeli which is a total of 57 seats of parliament, only 9 seats remain which is leelkase who gets 3, dashishe(probably 2), I am not sure who the other 4 are maybe awrtable gets 1. arab salah 1

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Half of PL population is Majerten so give 3 million to MJ. 2 million to Dhulos. 1 million to Warsangeli. That's how the parliament is split also. 31 mj, 17 dhulos, 9 warsangeli which is a total of 57 seats of parliament, only 9 seats remain which is leelkase who gets 3, dashishe(probably 2), I am not sure who the other 4 are maybe awrtable gets 1. arab salah 1
dashishe has 3, leelkeese as 3. arab salax 1, reer wa rag 1, and either idigfacle or cabdi combe. this is the officiall list http://www.puntlandobserver.com/66-...beelaha-66-xildhibaan-akhri-oo-ka-faaiidayso/

BankaTuyo

حيران
so.... by your calculations Harti are almost half the population of Somalia if the whole population of the country is 14 million. kkkkkkkk

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
so.... by your calculations Harti are almost half the population of Somalia if the whole population of the country is 14 million. kkkkkkkk

Of course because all population estimates take into account only towns-cities-villages, not nomadic population. So is it fair only half my clan is counted when the other half are on camels? The south doesn't graze anymore bar the galgaduud and JL(darod areas), the rest are settled either into towns or farming. You can use that estimate on them, but not me.

I am king of the camel, my strength is on camels not in cities or farms or settlements. The reason the south and north hate to mention nomadic population, well hargeisa to burco is 150 kilometer grazing land, their can't be that many nomads in such space plus the hawiye are not nomads bar galgaduud which is a small grazing area also. That's why they don't include it, cause 90% are darod.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Think about it logically, how many water wells does 150 kilometer space like SL need? or 200 kilometer space from south galkayo to dhusomareeb need? not much at all. Just in GAAS terms, he dug over 70 water wells that's not including the existing ones that existed such as barkads, old wells, and now dams. Just the one ceel buuh dam a small village will provide water for 5000 nomads. ceel buuh a small village, you know how many of those type of villages exist in puntland? your talking more then 500 villages of ceel buuh size in PL cause look at how largeeeeeee the land mass is in PL 220,000 square mile of grazing land. That isn't possible for galgaduud or isaaq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending