Somalia has many investment opportunities

Dont sleep on it, i just realized jubaland has many limestone deposits (juba river) that can be turned into multiple useful products from building material to fertilizer to water softening for fresh water. All i need is 300k - 2m $ to start a small mining and procesing operation to sell it. Similarly, there are many wasted fishing zones you can successfuly setup processing plants for to sell canned fish at a lower margin to gulf and other international importers.

You can also form Geel ranches and use the produce to sell in somalia at affordable prices, setup and drought prevention cost is bloody expensive however.
This and so much more is possible.... walalayaal you have the knowledge and western funds you can get from investors and your own hardwork and savings. Stop seeking 9-5 it kills your spirit. You have many opportunities in your homeland, for now we can only wait for peace but sooner than later we should try to get in b4 cadaans and asians start to monpolize key sectors in our country.

Also oil wells that produce 50-200 barrels a day are not that expensive to setup. 100 wells/day may cost 1-3 million to make with about 30-40k /month to operate and make about 300-600k /month which will def generate 5-10 million per year... Hopefully my math isnt wrong.

Im planning to go to Kisamyo soon to see how feasible it is to setup and monopolize a construction industry there. I will need shareholders and investors, so ill contact some sspoters who are serious + my buddies/relatives who own companies in Kenya, South Africa, Malaysia, Gulf, USA and SSudan. I urge you guys (ambitious among you) to also seek investing in somalia, stop wasting money on stupid western trinkets they dont matter, the wealthiest somalis will be the ones who invest back in somalia as it rises from dust.

You can use whatever money you make in 9-5 to save and eventually setup an ecommerce business, i just joined ecomm but im in good hands as i started with other like minded somalis. You can also save till end year and work with others to build value for local somalis stuff like a local programming/ESL school , local franchisable fast food shop etc.. so many things you can do. Dont waste money on games , online stuff etc..

any good businesses you can start for 30-100k?
1. real estate : invest with others and turn old houses fresh and sell them or rent. Buy another, and another etc.. until u save enough to buy a few properties to make passive income.
2. barbershops (somali areas) : they make alot of money.
3. Ecommerce : Buy a successful ecomm shop for 50k and scale it or make ur own shop and ship products that you belive will be profitable from china.
4.Online markteting: idk about this too much but iheard its quite profitable.
5.Setup used car lot
6.day care center
7. Homecare center
8. Food truck
etc.. however these 8 have succeeded for peoplei know , im doing ecomm #3
From UK saxib , salaries dont go very high here like the states
then shopify is ur best bet sxb, its 1$ for 3 months rn so u should join

Last edited:
1. real estate : invest with others and turn old houses fresh and sell them or rent. Buy another, and another etc.. until u save enough to buy a few properties to make passive income.
3. Ecommerce : Buy a successful ecomm shop for 50k and scale it or make ur own shop and ship products that you belive will be profitable from china.
5.Setup used car lot
6.day care center
7. Homecare center
8. Food truck

then shopify is ur best bet sxb
how are the import fees for importing cars for the used car lot?

Somalia boasts a wealth of resources, particularly in the realm of ''hard'' resources. Unlike countries reliant on single resources like oil, cobalt, or natural gas, we possess a diverse array of resources that, when strategically exploited, can contribute significantly to our economy. This diversity allows for the creation of various industries, generating employment and modestly impacting our economic landscape. This, in turn, fosters a multifaceted, industrial economy that requires strategic investment and a skilled workforce.

In Mudug, specifically, there are considerable copper deposits that have the potential to make a substantial impact on the local economy. While these deposits may not single-handedly propel the nation or the gobol to a first-world status, they represent a valuable resource that, if thoroughly utilized, can contribute significantly. The key lies in maximizing the extraction of this resource—mining it, refining it, and transforming it into finished goods such as electrical lines. By doing so, we can generate substantial profits, establish thriving industries, and create numerous job opportunities. This comprehensive approach is crucial for the sustainable development of Mudug and, consequently, Somalia as a whole.

You know how the Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese became so wealthy. It was not by prostituting themselves; it was by making the free market work to achieve their goals. Success isn't always about making more money; it involves knowledge transfers. Allow foreign companies the ability to mine resources, but ensure they establish Somali subsidiaries. These subsidiaries should have at least a 95% Somali workforce, with a minimum of 75% of all senior and management-level employees being Somalis. Ensure representation of Somalis in all dimensions of leadership. Implement preferential systems for Somali companies. We need Somali Zaibatsus/Chaebols, viewing these companies not as exclusive private entities but as tools in the arsenal of the Somali people. Everyone has a part to play in our quest to develop and strengthen ourselves in a hostile world.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
One of my uncles started a construction company based in Kenya but he is planning to expand into Somalia, maybe kismayo and places around there and gradually set-up base there.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
5.Setup used car lot
6.day care center
7. Homecare center
8. Food truck

I see everyone talk about Ecommerce but I dont really think its the best option. Only people ive successful are those youtubers and then they are just trying to sell a course with it.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
5.Setup used car lot
6.day care center
7. Homecare center
8. Food truck

Rental Properties is a good form of passive income, you can get a mortgage and the rent then pocket the difference. The problem is finding a good tenant, you can outsource that to another company and they usually charge 1 month of rent, If you can find a good long term tenant its basically free money. If any problems with house happen, you can outsource that aswell.

Most important thing somalis have to focus on first is somehow lowering cost of electricity then better infrastructure. Everything else will follow after that.

Trending

Latest posts