Somalia has gone backwards (pre civil war pictures only).

bce9ddfe2dfb9b120593dd83d76dc355.jpg

4924ecb373f0ee72fb2801a3fb9dcdd9.jpg

Mogadishu University.

406873998_0f83f96fce_o.jpg

Hargeisa City 1980?

Somalis have lost a lot in the last 35 years. We went from heaven to hell. Can people post pictures of Somalia before the civil war to remind us of our fall from grace.
This all Somalis talk about. We have to move forward and evolve. We had a war but we have to keep getting better. We lost a lot but we can gain a lot. Not the 80’s anymore and we have to get back to reality and build education, health, employment

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Somalia has progressed in terms of urbanisation tbh. Apart from Mogadishu the rest of the country was bunch of huts clumped around a low brick building if lucky. Now, we have fully fledged vibrant cities with bright future. We should be grateful to Allah.

I wish I was born early so I can experience pre civil war Somalia. Now I live through stories my parents tell me, of course they tell the not so good part but from their stories as well as online info it seems there was also a lot of good. Personally, at least we werent qaxooti oo hadana la nacey meel walba ku ceebeysan, dhulkaaka wax yaalaha uu ku fiicanyahay waxa weeye waad ku asturnaan. In spite of what I say online, deep down I wish Somalia peace and stability so we can enjoy it in our live time in sha Allah.

Trending