Somalia colonised some part of india including Maldives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Everything is possible. I came to South Africa when I was too little. I remember part of Johannesburg a big districts called Nuclear and Brixton even Mayfair settled Isaaq and Warsangeli families. Their are there for third generation. They mixed with colored people.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
According to your myths, Isaaq himself came to Somalia in the 14th century tho

:damn:

As for the rest, Ibn Battuta clearly mentions that the inhabitants spoke in the tongue of the Berbers aka Somalis, even the leader was originally from Berbera

waraabe

Your superior

As for the rest, Ibn Battuta clearly mentions that the inhabitants spoke in the tongue of the Berbers aka Somalis, even the leader was originally from Berbera
Isaaq came during 13th century
He wast jebarti that is for sure

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
:draketf: jabarti? Berbera?

In the past Somalis were called Berberis.

Ibn Battuta did not say the sultan of Mogadishu was from Berbera, he said he spoke the berber language Aka Af SOMALI. Show me the original transcript. Jabarti Kulaha:drakewtf:

Warya @Nabeel786 sheekadaas raqiiska ah hanoola imaan. Koonfur iyo Xamar 1969kii ayaad barateen, you was eating berries in the bush before that

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

People need to understand the defintion between the arabic name "bilad al barabar", which was for the
Somalia pennisula in the middle ages and the city of berbera.

Mckenzie

VIP
99℅ sure he said he was from Berbera

When the young men came on board the ship on which I was, one of them approached me. My companions said to him: “He is not one of the merchants: he is a lawyer.” Then the young man called his companions and said: “This man is a guest of the Qadi.2” One of the Qadi’s friends came among them, and he told him of this. The Qadi came down to the beach with some of his pupils and sent one on board to fetch me. Then I disembarked with my companions, and greeted the Qadi and his followers. He said to me: “In the name of God, let us go and greet the Shaikh.” “Who is the Shaikh?” I asked, and he replied: “The Sultan.” For it is their custom here to call the Sultan “Shaikh.” I answered the Qadi: “I will visit him as soon as I have found lodging.” He replied: “It is the custom here, whenever a lawyer, or a Sharif or a holy man comes, that he should not go to his lodging until he has seen the Sultan.” So I did what I was asked in accordance with their custom. As we have said, the Sultan of Mogadishu is called Shaikh by his subjects. His name is Abu Bakr ibn Shaikh Omar, and by race he is a Berber. He talks in the dialect of Mogadishu, but knows Arabic. When a ship arrives, it is the custom for it to be boarded by the Sultan’s sanbuq, to inquire whence it has come, who are the owners and who its captain is. They also inquire the nature of the cargo and what merchants or other persons are on board. All this is told to the Sultan, who invites as his guest anyone worthy of such honor. When I arrived at the palace with the Qadi, whose name was Ibn Burhan alMisri, a eunuch came out and greeted him. The Qadi said: “Go and do your duty, and inform our master the Shaikh that this man has arrived from the Hijaz.” He delivered the message and returned with a dish of betel leaves and areca nuts. He gave me six leaves of betel and some nuts, and the same amount to the Qadi: the rest he divided among my companions and the pupils of the Qadi.

Source

http://www.classzone.com/books/wh_05_shared/pdf/WHS05_015_424_PS.pdf

Mckenzie

VIP
How about next time you actually undertake some research instead of quoting wikipedia content which is heavily edited by some crazy tribalist neek who lives in his Moms basement Ayeeydiin wasse

Ibn Battuta did not say the sultan of Mogadishu was from Berbera, he said he spoke the berber language Aka Af SOMALI. Show me the original transcript. Jabarti Kulaha:drakewtf:

Warya @Nabeel786 sheekadaas raqiiska ah hanoola imaan. Koonfur iyo Xamar 1969kii ayaad barateen, you was eating berries in the bush before that

image.jpeg

waraabe

Your superior

To be fair you only learned Mogadishu in 1991 kkkkkkk

Nabeel786

Southie pride

Ok waa gartey.
Inagu hadaa cuneeney berries. Adinku dhir nooce daaqeyseen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts