Somalia calls for UN action against UAE base in Berbera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not.The SFG is the one that wants this.They could avoid all of this by not constantly claiming that they own our lands while they can't even secure more then 30% of xamar.And now an ever growing Turkey and Qatar presence in Somalia is emboldening them to openly wage war with SL.

Do you know the main reason why Tukaraq happened? Why the SL army that has been passive for years suddenly attacked? Because Farmajo's ministers claimed he was going to cross the border into SL.It was a warning to SFG to not overstep their boundaries.

Ever since its creation Somalilands goal was to completely separate from Somalia and have nothing to do with them.For almost 30 years the SL goverment and its army only operated within our borders.We couldn't careless about SFG and Somalia in general if they left us alone.Yet with all their problems they still aggressively provoke us and continue to stir up trouble.But time and time again its the Somaliland goverment that takes the high road and ignores SFG's attempts to start conflict.With Turkey and Qatar's help SFG wont only just talk anymore but take action as well.

The one who is begging for a proxy war is Somalia.Just count all the foreign troops on their soil.But this time we won't be in a disadvantage like in 1988.We are prepared for whatever SFG throws at us.

Clearly, this mindset will lead to mutual distruction and the only losers will be the Somali people. Why can’t we just leave what ever happened to past generations in the past?? What’s so hard about moving on? Both sides lost families. That’s how war works. Let’s not repeat it. Somali people are soooo stuburn and always hold onto grudges even if it’s against their best interest. Our race could disappear and our country wether it’s “british Somaliland” or “Italian somaliland” could disappear from the world map soon because of our stupidity. if it’s about money, there’s plenty for everyone. economically if we can come together we can rape the world, economically. In somalilands case, Why would you want to shrink your makets to a population of 3-4 million when you can eat off 14-15 million??? I don’t get my people!!! We’re literrally blessed geographically. We’re all entrepreneurs by nature. Combine those together we can be the gate keepers of Africa with an untapped market of 1.4 billion people for god sakes!! Quit being so emotional about something you can even remember or probably never even witnessed damn it! Let’s put all that anger and use as fuel to turn a new page in Somali history and form into an economic powerhouse. After all, we have all the ingredients if we can put our differences aside.

Last edited:
Clearly, this mindset will lead to mutual distruction and the only losers will be the Somali people. Why can’t we just leave what ever happened to past generations in the past?? What’s so hard about moving on? Both sides lost families. That’s how war works. Let’s not repeat it. Somali people are soooo stuburn and always hold onto grudges even if it’s against their best interest. Our race could disappear and our country wether it’s “british Somaliland” or “Italian somaliland” could disappear from the world map soon because of our stupidity. if it’s about money, there’s plenty for everyone. economically if we can come together we can rape the world, economically. In somalilands case, Why would you want to shrink your makets to a population of 3-4 million when you can eat off 14-15 million??? I don’t get my people!!! We’re literrally blessed geographically. We’re all entrepreneurs by nature. Combine those together we can be the gate keepers of Africa with an untapped market of 1.4 billion people for god sakes!! Quit being so emotional about something you can even remember or probably never even witnessed damn it! Let’s put all that anger and use as fuel to turn a new page in Somali history and form into an economic powerhouse. After all, we have all the ingredients if we can put our differences aside. Peace and love to all my Somali people. Regardless of where there from or at.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Clearly, this mindset will lead to mutual distruction and the only losers will be the Somali people. Why can’t we just leave what ever happened to past generations in the past?? What’s so hard about moving on? Both sides lost families. That’s how war works. Let’s not repeat it. Somali people are soooo stuburn and always hold onto grudges even if it’s against their best interest. Our race could disappear and our country wether it’s “british Somaliland” or “Italian somaliland” could disappear from the world map soon because of our stupidity. if it’s about money, there’s plenty for everyone. economically if we can come together we can rape the world, economically. In somalilands case, Why would you want to shrink your makets to a population of 3-4 million when you can eat off 14-15 million??? I don’t get my people!!! We’re literrally blessed geographically. We’re all entrepreneurs by nature. Combine those together we can be the gate keepers of Africa with an untapped market of 1.4 billion people for god sakes!! Quit being so emotional about something you can even remember or probably never even witnessed damn it! Let’s put all that anger and use as fuel to turn a new page in Somali history and form into an economic powerhouse. After all, we have all the ingredients if we can put our differences aside.
We can still do most of what you said as two separate states..

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
We can still do most of what you said as two separate states..
There is more power together as one than as two, the north and south lack the others nature/human resources but together we work well. And in a world where nations are cracking and looking for ways to capitalize on weakness, Somali unity is needed now more than ever.

There is more power together as one than as two, the north and south lack the others nature/human resources but together we work well. And in a world where nations are cracking and looking for ways to capitalize on weakness, Somali unity is needed now more than ever.

Somali unity is fake. We fell for your trick 1 time, we won't give you parasites the chance to do it again. You guys have to first show us that you can coexist amongst each other before you come talk to us . All of your srruggles amongst people who supposedly want to remain together just shows me you guys aren't being transparent in your true interests.

Besides it was an international project that failed. White man went across the middle east and Africa uniting tribes to form countries so they can expolit everyone from 1 central government. It wasn't an organic union and it failed. I don't feel bad about it because my people held up our end of the deal.

Somali unity is fake. We fell for your trick 1 time, we won't give you parasites the chance to do it again. You guys have to first show us that you can coexist amongst each other before you come talk to us . All of your srruggles amongst people who supposedly want to remain together just shows me you guys aren't being transparent in your true interests.

Besides it was an international project that failed. White man went across the middle east and Africa uniting tribes to form countries so they can expolit everyone from 1 central government. It wasn't an organic union and it failed. I don't feel bad about it because my people held up our end of the deal.

That older generation fucked up it’s a fact. But, we’re not gonna wait for the older generation to fix it either because it’s been almost 30 years and both sides have higher poverty rates than ever.. we can’t even feed our kids because of this..
we have new leaders on both sides I feel like we can easily over come this difficult stage of Animosity swiftly. But first, both officials need to open diplomatic communication channels.. it’s kinda like when you and your siblings get into a big fight and after not talking for a long time, that small communication leads to reconciliation..and no offense to you but judging by your username I’m guessing your an Old head which honestly is the issue, We can’t move on because you older guys are dragging us down with all your anger and talks about separation into different states when it’s not really necessary. We’re the same people with the same religion. We never considered to be “different countries” before the colonial periods.

Even the oromos who are getting slaughtered left and right aren’t calling for no separation just because things got rocky at home.. maybe you’d have a different view if the white man didn’t call you “British Somaliland” and call us “Italian somaliland”. Quit being selfish and let the youner generation fix your mess. I’m talking about both sides when I say that.

That older generation fucked up it’s a fact. But, we’re not gonna wait for the older generation to fix it either because it’s been almost 30 years and both sides have higher poverty rates than ever.. we can’t even feed our kids because of this..
we have new leaders on both sides I feel like we can easily over come this difficult stage of Animosity swiftly. But first, both officials need to open diplomatic communication channels.. it’s kinda like when you and your siblings get into a big fight and after not talking for a long time, that small communication leads to reconciliation..and no offense to you but judging by your username I’m guessing your an Old head which honestly is the issue, We can’t move on because you older guys are dragging us down with all your anger and talks about separation into different states when it’s not really necessary. We’re the same people with the same religion. We never considered to be “different counties” before the colonial periods.

Even the oromos who are getting slaughtered left and right aren’t calling for no separation just because things got rocky at home.. maybe you’d have a different view if the white man didn’t call you “British Somaliland” and call us “Italian somaliland”. Quit being selfish and let the youner generation fix your mess. I’m talking about both sides when I say that.

Oromos can't call for seperation because they have nothing to separate from. Oromos control nothing they just live on the land, meanwhile in somaliland we own and operate everything without input from the outside.

Im not a old heads. That older generation did f*ck up, yes, but this generation would do even worse as they were brought up in state of anarchy. Mogadishu has been a war zone for 28 years now. What do we unite with? Anyone with brain function greater than that of a 2 year old can see that if you can't even coexist in your own capital city then you can't coexist as a country.

Also you're right we were never considered to be different countries before the colonial period, and that's because neither side was a country. Somaliland became the first country . Before that Somali's from north and south had very little contact. My dad was amongst the first waves of Northern Somali's in the 1960's who went South to mogadishu for education reasons. After the unification , he said majority of them had no clue what Mogadishu even looked like before that or what was down there. And the differences in some social norms were striking to them .

It was a good union for about 9 years until Daroods ushered in dictatorship and clan politics .

Oromos can't call for seperation because they have nothing to separate from. Oromos control nothing they just live on the land, meanwhile in somaliland we own and operate everything without input from the outside.

Im not a old heads. That older generation did f*ck up, yes, but this generation would do even worse as they were brought up in state of anarchy. Mogadishu has been a war zone for 28 years now. What do we unite with? Anyone with brain function greater than that of a 2 year old can see that if you can't even coexist in your own capital city then you can't coexist as a country.

Also you're right we were never considered to be different countries before the colonial period, and that's because neither side was a country. Somaliland became the first country . Before that Somali's from north and south had very little contact. My dad was amongst the first waves of Northern Somali's in the 1960's who went South to mogadishu for education reasons. After the unification , he said majority of them had no clue what Mogadishu even looked like before that or what was down there. And the differences in some social norms were striking to them .

It was a good union for about 9 years until Daroods ushered in dictatorship and clan politics .

You made some valid points.. but again that comes down to a white person telling us our borders, as if they’re our gods. All I’m saying is move let’s on. We as a whole people need to stop holding onto this shit.. its been way too long, our people suffered enough and continue to suffer.

it amazes me how much hate goes on in this forum for clan x and clan y it’s literally dragging down our HUUUGE potential. We’re so similar it’s mind boggling. Yet we focus on who’s clan is “better” when we all got work to do in that department. why blame a whole clan for the actions of few bad apples. I’m sure your not the representative for your clan just like I don’t speak for my clan. We’re intellectual beings, we can do better. A lot better. in my opinion the sooner everyone figures out we all need each other the better..I don’t think Somalis can ever get back to their prewar greatness without all of the regions, including somaliland and vice-versa. Let’s kill that tribe shit. We’re one body.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Unity is not exclusive to one state policy only. There can be cooperation between us but you have to be realistic.

Faster we work towards cooperation and mutual success the better. Regardless of it being two states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending