Somalia becoming a rising remittance source for Kenyans and Ugandans

I found the full article looks like our neighbours are starting to migrate to Somalia for livelihood opportunities Kenyans send home 180mill per year and Ugandans 21.9 the article says the number of workers is expected to increase 5 fold over the next 5 years

Last edited:
This is bad. Not only are many Somali businessmen investing elsewhere, but now more money is leaving the country, leading to reduced domestic consumption. Somalia is being milked and getting left in the dirt.

35k Ugandans in Somalia is also crazy, btw @Macawisley :dead:

Last edited:
This is bad. Not only are many Somali businessmen investing elsewhere, but now more money is leaving the country, leading to reduced domestic consumption. Somalia is being milked and getting left in the dirt.

It's mostly amisom soldiers making lots of money in southern Somalia

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP

I found the full article looks like our neighbours are starting to migrate to Somalia for livelihood opportunities Kenyans send home 180mill per year and Ugandans 21.9 the article says the number of workers is expected to increase 5 fold over the next 5 years

This is sad wallahi, the lack of qualified workforce drains 100s of millions from Somalia

Are they accounting for those soldiers.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

Plus, Somalia join EAC, travel between countries has no limit.

I don't find this a problem, it shows that stability and prosperity is growing. Nobody is stopping Somalis from doing these same jobs, except for the stigma against manual labour. We all live/lived in foreign nations, to seek stability and money, so why can't other Africans come to us?

Moreover, those Yemenis have been in Somalia for god knows how long, they're not even Africans, so why should we mind other Africans. It's not like these East African Bantu communities are known for scamming, kidnapping and other crimes. They just want money and peace. Finally, Somalis are the ones who invite and employ them, or it's those foreign NGOs.

I don't find this a problem, it shows that stability and prosperity is growing. Nobody is stopping Somalis from doing these same jobs, except for the stigma against manual labour. We all live/lived in foreign nations, to seek stability and money, so why can't other Africans come to us?

Moreover, those Yemenis have been in Somalia for god knows how long, they're not even Africans, so why should we mind other Africans. It's not like these East African Bantu communities are known for scamming, kidnapping and other crimes. They just want money and peace. Finally, Somalis are the ones who invite and employ them, or it's those foreign NGOs.
I don’t have a problem with it either I just found it interesting it shows Somalias economy is growing i just hope they train our youth

These Africans are blood suckers.
Sucking our blood for years and years.
Can't stand them.
Enough is enough they must all be deported.

How many Somalia are in Uganda? Definitely more than that. If you go to their country, they'll also come to yours.
I am just mind-boggled by the amount of money leaving. Foreign aid, Amisom money and Western diaspora remittance.

The Kenyan money obviously includes money taken out by Somalis themselves for investment in Kenya. Looks like a lot is happening that we aren't aware of in the West. Our economy is merging somewhat with those of the Bantu and for folks back home it is an ok increasingly attractive place to do business in, relocate to, visit as a tourist, seek education, health and visa services from. Unfortunately money sent home us leaving faster than expected. At this rate, will our folks really develop or they will just migrate to EAC where life seems much easier. Judging from the internet, I have always thought Kenya is as much a sh1th0l3 due to the slums and corruption and that we are the ones running things there. Looks like they are not as dumb as they appear.

This is a symptom of Somalis unwillingness to do manual labor or work with their hands imo. I recently posted about Somalis in Somalia who want to get college degrees like people in the west. What jobs will the vast majority of them get with those degrees in Somalia lol?

From the article: “We have a lot of opportunities here in agriculture, human skilled labour, especially in the construction sector and mining. We just need to get more organised"

Somalis would rather tahriib then do these jobs. I always knew that cheap labor from neighboring African countries would 'rebuild' this country. The Kenyans claim to be sending skilled labor though. This is bad.

According to M.dhoore
Kenyans are making $500 million a day kkkkkkk
I think they meant $500,000 per day if you do the math. Rounds out to that $180 million per year figure. This is a poorly edited article and it is conflicted because its seems the same media house that owns this newspaper is also promoting investment in Somalia. This is basically advertising.

Trending

Latest posts