Somalia and Italy agree to cooperate on security and defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mogadishu (HOL) - The Minister of Defense, Hon. Mr. Hassan Ali Mohamed, welcomed his Italian counterpart, Elisabetta Trenta, at the Aden Abdulle International airport in Mogadishu on Monday.

Somali and Italian government have agreed to cooperate on defence and security following discussions in the Somali capital, Mogadishu.

An Italian delegation led by Defense Minister, Elisabetta Trenta and Chief of staff, General Enzo Vecciarelli had paid surprise visit to Mogadishu on Monday.

In a statement, Somali foreign ministry said the two sides discussed the depth of bilateral relations and the strengthening of joint cooperation between the two countries, including the reactivation of agreements on defence.

Somalia plans to strengthen its national army with support with its allies to carry out security operations to curb terrorism and to protect it's land, sea and air borders.

https://hiiraan.com/news4/2019/Apr/..._agree_cooperate_on_security_and_defense.aspx

I like Italy they're the only European country I trust along with Sweden they don't appear to have ulterior motive like Norway and the UK

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It's weird but I trust Italy more than Turkey. No, it's not Stockholm syndrome.

Italy are 10x more independent than Turkey who would do whatever is asked of them by the US or EU.

At least Italy is working under it's own interest most of the time.

Otherwise they wouldn't have signed up to the Chinese belt road project.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Wait and see approach on this, we have signed numerous security deals whether its Turkey, USA, Amisom, and now Italy.:kanyehmm:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Somalia is being colonized by every country in east Africa and the gulf with the Chinese preparing to join in as well. It was only a matter of time before things would circle back to Italy.
:mjlol:
Back to you're colonial master...
I think this guy is handicapped. There's no one on this site as hypocritical as him.
:wtf:

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
LETS RAIN HELL ON AL-SHABAB SCUM!
giphy.gif

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
It's weird but I trust Italy more than Turkey. No, it's not Stockholm syndrome.

Italy are 10x more independent than Turkey who would do whatever is asked of them by the US or EU.

At least Italy is working under it's own interest most of the time.

Otherwise they wouldn't have signed up to the Chinese belt road project.
I trust Turkey more, things are changing politically in the Middle East.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I trust Turkey more, things are changing politically in the Middle East.

That's just Erdogan posturing for a domestic audience and it's usually limited to the Kurdish issue.

They're still the West's .

Then again, Italy is a bit unreliable and stupendously corrupt.

Not sure if they'll do us more harm than good but at least we'd know where we stand with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts