Somalia and Ethiopia signed an agreement exchanging Khat and Fish.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You have to accept the reality that Somaliland is doing far better than your cuqdad ridden nature wants it to be.
Even this report you have trodded out shows that in urban areas, where most of Somaliland's population lives now, unemployment is as low as 34%. That was nearly 10 years ago. Somaliland is doing a lot better than it was 10 years ago so I expect that unemployment rate to be even lower.

It also proves the stat of 75% you were running with was utter bullshit.
bro if hargeisa, the literal heart and economic soul of SL has a whopping 34% unemployment rate, wtf do you think the unemployment rate of Qorilugud is?

This isn’t even FKD bro, it’s just looking at the truth. Many cities all over the somali peninsula have high unemployment rates (including laascaanood). We can’t deny this in hopes of looking better (to who? To ourselves? Because we’re not fooling anyone).

Our job as a people is to acknowledge where we’re at and try to move forward. Encourage local businesses, encourage finding work, no matter how menial. At the end of the day it’s not doctors or billionaires that are farming food and paving roads. It’s uneducated people with hands and feet.

We gotta be honest with ourselves here, there are too many people in Somalia (including SL), just sitting around doing nothing when they could be building their country up.

bro if hargeisa, the literal heart and economic soul of SL has a whopping 34% unemployment rate, wtf do you think the unemployment rate of Qorilugud is?

This isn’t even FKD bro, it’s just looking at the truth. Many cities all over the somali peninsula have high unemployment rates (including laascaanood). We can’t deny this in hopes of looking better (to who? To ourselves? Because we’re not fooling anyone).

Our job as a people is to acknowledge where we’re at and try to move forward. Encourage local businesses, encourage finding work, no matter how menial. At the end of the day it’s not doctors or billionaires that are farming food and paving roads. It’s uneducated people with hands and feet.

We gotta be honest with ourselves here, there are too many people in Somalia (including SL), just sitting around doing nothing when they could be building their country up.
I don't disagree that unemployment, especially amongst the younger population, in SL is a problem, as it is in Somalia and pretty much every other Somali inhabited area in HOA. What I was disputing was the absolutely moronic, unsubstantiated 70-75% unemployment rate @codewebsduh was trotting out.

What is also undeniable is that Somaliland is doing relatively well given it's lack of investment and it's lack of recognition. That doesn't mean that I think Somaliland is a haven, just that it has done very well given it's meager resources.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts