Somalia: a country on a free fall (DW documentary)

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You want the media to portray a version of Somalia that doesn't exist.
Somaliphobia kulaha - this is Somali's reality and this is what they did to the land Allah blessed them with.
I don't see why people should pretend otherwise. Don't like it? Work to fix it.
man said take down a documentary because it shows raw footage taken in Somalia lol. I would get it if he was just talking. But he literally has video evidence. Not Somaliphonia to say it as it is, excuse them for not showing the beautiful cafes and hotels in central mogadishu.

man said take down a documentary because it shows raw footage taken in Somalia lol. I would get it if he was just talking. But he literally has video evidence. Not Somaliphonia to say it as it is, excuse them for not showing the beautiful cafes and hotels in central mogadishu.

It is very hard pill to swallow that Somalia is one of the worst places on earth. Wallahi don’t know how we will catch up with the world. U cant even trust disable people let alone kids. Look what happen to former mayor Allah yarhamo.

It’s particularly interesting how the clan can rescue the most powerless in a country like Somalia. That’s why many people in Somalia love their clan elders. I was surprised at how generous they were when they rescued that young guy from the smugglers and loaned him $3000 to buy a tuktuk. May Allah bless the clan elders.

It must be fun to be a politician in Somalia. Just look at how many gunmen are guarding the late mayor of Mogadishu. Some say his assassination was planned and the motive was to make the seat vacant for others.

Last edited:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s particularly interesting how the clan can rescue the most powerless in a country like Somalia. That’s why many people in Somalia love their clan elders. I was surprised at how generous they were when they rescued that young guy from the smugglers and loaned him $3000 to buy a tuktuk. May Allah bless the clan elders.

It must be fun to be a politician in Somalia. Just look at how many gunmen are guarding the late mayor of Mogadishu. Some say his assassination was planned and the motive was to make the seat vacant for others.
I was surprised too. When they said “it doesn’t matter what you want, what matters is what we want” I believe they mistranslated it. What the man probably meant was “don’t worry about what you want, we know what’s best for you”. Right after he said that he actually gave valid advice of him just staying in Somalia and not risking his life, on top of that he gave him a $3,000 loan free of interest which he can pay back any time.

That’s extremely generous and helpful. I remember a study done in Somalia showed who Somalia trust more in their community, Clan elders were first, Sheikhs were second, and police were third. Something about who they’d first go to when they have a problem, I think I can find it.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

73AFE2A7-1075-4075-B520-99687E28B699.jpeg
6C0256EF-8343-4313-8670-A7DB220AEE00.jpeg
B0238B1F-0016-4B96-8200-14856E704716.jpeg
248CF5BD-DAAD-4A46-9842-22DBA6C40D89.jpeg
E14D2A50-042A-443E-88FE-08976A65B16B.jpeg

this study was done in laascaanood so idk how relevant it is to mogadishu. But it’s probably very similar. Clan elders are very trusted since you know ineey kuu biileynayaan iyo kuu hiilinayaan kkkk, compared to the police who couldn’t care less about you.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
DW news is very german like, precise and straight forward. They dont bother showing bullshit hotel pictures or coffee shops when a significant portion of the city is in absolute shambles.

I think its getting worse with terrorism. Al-shabab is training hundreds of suicide bombers and making 15 million dollars a month.

Even know you are seeing terrorists in cal-madow. t could sign hell for the northern regions if they begin to gain a footing.
They try but PL finish them off.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Whoever made this documentary is uninformed.

Somalia was in free fall during the 90's and from 2006-2011, but since then it's stabilized somewhat since the FGS was established. It's still very dangerous obviously, but a lot of people on here don't remember how bad Somalia was before 2012 and so don't have any perspective.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Who made this documentary is uninformed.

Somalia was in free fall during the 90's and from 2006-2011, but since then it's stabilized somewhat since the FGS was established. It's still very dangerous obviously, but a lot of people on here don't remember how bad Somalia was before 2012 and so don't have any perspective.
The problem is, the world sees Xamar as Somalia.

Somalis should highlight positive cities that has security example Puntland iyo Somaliland.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
The documentary was very punchy and cutthroat. Don't forget the video mentioned that they hold the prisoners in the oldest prison in Africa which goes to show you how far we've fallen as people. The best part was they mentioned that EU foreign donors are contributing to the corruption in Somalia. Cleary this disproves any thought that the video was biased.
Only 1 person can save somalia its time to revive him
afb-1610022836968.jpg

All DW docs are depressing , Just look at ones about other countries,
even the late ones they made about the USA , you'll think the American civil war 2.0 is about to commence any minute after watching them ,they are German after all lol.

If you're only focusing on the the depressing shitty part, you will only see and find shit and misery everywhere.

don't worry, farmaajo fixed Somalia and security is great, just don't trust all that you see.
things are great now.
really.
if you see qarax or hear of AS taking over somewhere, don't believe it. it's fake.
:dabcasar:

Trending