Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Talking about Somali Myths our parents told us

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Viewers choice, YOU PICK!

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly i don't know how i feel about somali's becoming youtubers. There's a certain level of caution and personality that you're meant to have in order to be a youtuber. You're basically opening yourself, and your culture up to the rest of the world. And i honestly don't think the rest of the world is ready for the dysfunctional nature of somali's.
Just imagining a somali youtuber getting really big is scary af to me. Having the rest of the world seeing the straight up full on qabill war going on in the comment section is something i would find genuinely mortifying. And when the mediator, probably the somali youtuber themself, tries to mediate they would straight up go to war on them and literarily go out of their way to make life difficult for them. This Decca girl is just a prime example. Her video with the white guy about the ancestry thing was a straight up disaster She has literarily created a group of people who have made it their mission to shit on everything she makes now...
Either way, I'm not saying somali's shouldn't be youtubers. I would just be careful about the type of content that you make if you are going to be a somali youtuber. Like that video about the ancestry thing. Very bad and touchy topic with somali's who are already incredibly divided on many things. That one video has just let all the bigoted and hateful somali's out of their caves for the rest of the world to see...smh.
My point is, bring positivity and originality. Society has yet to make a concrete decision on Somali's, but the internet is a polarizing power. So remember to thread carefully and try to further the mission of helping our people rather than hindering them in the eyes of the world.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Honestly i don't know how i feel about somali's becoming youtubers. There's a certain level of caution and personality that you're meant to have in order to be a youtuber. You're basically opening yourself, and your culture up to the rest of the world. And i honestly don't think the rest of the world is ready for the dysfunctional nature of somali's.
Just imagining a somali youtuber getting really big is scary af to me. Having the rest of the world seeing the straight up full on qabill war going on in the comment section is something i would find genuinely mortifying. And when the mediator, probably the somali youtuber themself, tries to mediate they would straight up go to war on them and literarily go out of their way to make life difficult for them. This Decca girl is just a prime example. Her video with the white guy about the ancestry thing was a straight up disaster She has literarily created a group of people who have made it their mission to shit on everything she makes now...
Either way, I'm not saying somali's shouldn't be youtubers. I would just be careful about the type of content that you make if you are going to be a somali youtuber. Like that video about the ancestry thing. Very bad and touchy topic with somali's who are already incredibly divided on many things. That one video has just let all the bigoted and hateful somali's out of their caves for the rest of the world to see...smh.
My point is, bring positivity and originality. Society has yet to make a concrete decision on Somali's, but the internet is a polarizing power. So remember to thread carefully and try to further the mission of helping our people rather than hindering them in the eyes of the world.

I disagree. f*ck what other people think. Rest of the World already know Somalia is a failed state. That aint no secret. And that shouldnt stop @decca doing what she loves.

waraabe

Your superior
We support what you are doing @decca. We need more people like you to spread positivity about the somali name to outsiders. Keep your videos light toned and positive, avoid divisive topics that polarize people.

Is Roger your partner?

I will be myself as I always do. The comment sections are always crazy for any youtube person. Clans are not important if we all just help each other out. The more Somali examples of this there are, the more change can happen.

We support what you are doing @decca. We need more people like you to spread positivity about the somali name to outsiders. Keep your videos light toned and positive, avoid divisive topics that polarize people.

Is Roger your partner?

Thank you! I will be myself and try to make entertaining content.

Mashallah you are a very pretty girl with a nice personality.
The Somali boys on this forum are behaving shamelessly towards you, it's absolutely disgraceful.

McD30

Bored to death
0xAW6Ig.gif

McD30

Bored to death
I spent a good amount of time reading the Youtube comments they had me in stitches. these people have absolutely no chill :chrisfreshhah:

@decca you should continue to do couple videos especially one where Roger is learning to speak Somali, that would blow up.If you want a dedicated subscriber base, you should post your videos on Twitter and Tumblr. Somali forumers usually get there news here, I do not think many would actively search for your videos. Myth video is good and you should expand that with folk tales. There are books you can buy on Amazon or find some PDFs. You should present it with the mind that you will have non-Somali viewership so it should be simple as possible. I don't know, just be positive, keep me positive, keep us all positive. I'm out.

0xAW6Ig.gif

I spent a good amount of time reading the Youtube comments they had me in stitches. these people have absolutely no chill :chrisfreshhah:

@decca you should continue to do couple videos especially one where Roger is learning to speak Somali, that would blow up.If you want a dedicated subscriber base, you should post your videos on Twitter and Tumblr. Somali forumers usually get there news here, I do not think many would actively search for your videos. Myth video is good and you should expand that with folk tales. There are books you can buy on Amazon or find some PDFs. You should present it with the mind that you will have non-Somali viewership so it should be simple as possible. I don't know, just be positive, keep me positive, keep us all positive. I'm out.

0xAW6Ig.gif

I think that Somali myths is a winner! Roger speaking Somali will have to be it's own video haha!
That should be fun! I've only found Somali forums, if there are tumblr and twitter accounts I should take a peak at, let me know!
and thank you!

If you promise not to horseshit science/DNA again like a derbi jiif I'll subscribe.

For the record, I don't think you should be promoting relationships to young impressionable girls who should be doing fruitful things with their lives, I could care less about your mate selection.

I have about 10 youtube channels. Some dormant, some active.

Subscribe to my amigo's channel:

kkkkkkkkkkkkk at the videos in this thread. I can't even talk shit, and nobody else in this thread can either cuz none of us have the balls to upload a vid to youtube and talk about stuff. Even though I lost interest in the random shit y'all talking about 3 seconds in, I fully support all the somalis out there doing their Youtube thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending