Somali women how would you like to be courted?

CalmOne20####

Somaliland + Ogaden Heritage
So what would be a red flag in your opinion when it comes to a guys hobbies or anything that he tells you about himself?
If he's been in the streets. If he likes doing haram ,like drugs alcohol and clubbing. Also,if he has a tattoo and doesn't tell u about his heauxish past. He belongs to the streets.

If he's been in the streets. If he likes doing haram ,like drugs alcohol and clubbing. Also,if he has a tattoo and doesn't tell u about his heauxish past. He belongs to the streets.
Fair enough but isn't that the bare minimum?

and would you answer honestly if a guy asked you the same questions basically have you done any of those things? Do you belong to the streets according to your red flags?

Do you know why this is from your point of view?

Personally I don't make eye contact with women in general unless I'm in the position where I have to talk to one. I do this because we are meant to lower our gaze but I'm not awkward in convos.

As for in general somali women in my experience are either extremely friendly and approach me catching me off guard or mean mug me from a distance why is that in your opinion?

I get the vibe that somali women don't want to be approached by somali men. Have you ever approached a somali guy or just the women around you in general for a conversation or do you try and stay away?
Do you know why this is from your point of view?

Personally I don't make eye contact with women in general unless I'm in the position where I have to talk to one. I do this because we are meant to lower our gaze but I'm not awkward in convos.
Why is it the uncle types never lower their gaze? I feel slightly offended when a guy can’t make eye contact.
As for in general somali women in my experience are either extremely friendly and approach me catching me off guard or mean mug me from a distance why is that in your opinion?

I get the vibe that somali women don't want to be approached by somali men. Have you ever approached a somali guy or just the women around you in general for a conversation or do you try and stay away?
I think some Somali women don’t want to be approached. Perhaps they have a preference for non-Somali men.
I’ve never approached a Somali man in my life. I think men should do the courting.

CalmOne20####

Somaliland + Ogaden Heritage
Fair enough but isn't that the bare minimum?

and would you answer honestly if a guy asked you the same questions basically have you done any of those things? Do you belong to the streets according to your red flags?
Ofc I'd answer honestly, because I've never been in the streets. I'm a God fearing lady and I want a person who's like me too,not no walking STD guy who has a high body count.

Why is it the uncle types never lower their gaze? I feel slightly offended when a guy can’t make eye contact.

I think some Somali women don’t want to be approached. Perhaps they have a preference for non-Somali men.
I’ve never approached a Somali man in my life. I think men should do the courting.

The uncle types grew up in somalia during siad's liberalish times. A lot of us younger guys who grew up here are on deen and are trying to follow islam properly especially in the West. If you go back home those guys will definitely hit on you with confidence just like the uncle types.

As for the preference thing majority of somali women mean mug somali guys from what I have seen and are cold so scare off guys from approaching them because they don't want to be brutally humiliated so are you saying they all dislike somali men?

As for the approaching thing I'm not talking about approaching to court I'm talking about trying to befriend/talk to a somali guy?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
As for the approaching thing I'm not talking about approaching to court I'm talking about trying to befriend/talk to a somali guy?

This.
Realistically, you wont marry every somali man or woman so why can't we have walaaltinimo and a sense of community? It will be nice to be friends, and interact since we live in a society.