SOMALI who grew up during early 2000s

That’s funny because my mom said the sale things, it was good when we weren’t many as now.
The issue aint that there’s alot off Somalis now but that the majority are diaspora born ones who wasnt brought up in Somali dhaqan or soil. Back then every adult or teenager was raised in Somalia hence they had a tight knit community. Now you got a bunch off adults with Somali lineages but carry complete different characteristics compared to their parents gen.

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
The issue aint that there’s alot off Somalis now but that the majority are diaspora born ones who wasnt brought up in Somali dhaqan or soil. Back then every adult or teenager was raised in Somalia hence they had a tight knit community. Now you got a bunch off adults with Somali lineages but carry complete different characteristics compared to their parents gen.
Well refugee now are the one who has grew up in anarchy and without laws, not like our parents.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I grew up in Toronto, it was good times. Somalis were not well known back then and we didn’t have that gangbanger reputation that unfortunately exists in the city now.

I didn’t grow up in the Somali neighbourhoods though (like dixon, rexdale) so I can’t speak on that. The Somalis on my side of town were more spread out. I was in an area with lots of timojilic, indhoyar and caribbean people too. Those from Toronto prob know which part of the city I’m from just from that description alone lol.
Scarborough? :mjkkk:

Somalis in Scandinavia in the 90s were much more liberal and relaxed, today people are religious fanatics. I know about aunts that didn’t wear hijab until their 30s and now their kids started wearing from 5 years old. It’s so sad that Somali girls don’t get to experience the freedom that existed back then.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
i was born in the 2000s, too young to remember shit
baby GIF
Didn’t you say you’re 30?
:drakewtf:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Didn’t grow up around Somalis. Only saw them at the somali mall, halal store, and masjid
:damnmusic:
Oddly enough, out of the ones who grew up exclusively among somalis vs me, I’m the one who’s the most cultured
:salute: :mjswag:
It seems like the others are either blackaboos or white wannabe
:damsel: