Somali Vegans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
What made you stop?

I went to the ER for dehydration, my mother being the Somali mom she is, blamed it on veganism. And forbid my vegan lifestyle. Then I became a vegetarian, and now I'm a pescatarian who doesn't eat dairy.

Vegan?! Every vegetarianism is hard.

You have to be very disciplined to do that but I can never abandon my meat especially BBQ chicken.

:comeon: I don't mean on your pizza.

Just start with a day or two a week as a veg, then three then four. With time you'll grow to prefer veg meals.

I can't do it. It's too hard.

You can't even do it.

Vegetables are nasty. I can only eat veges mixed with meat

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Vegan?! Every vegetarianism is hard.

You have to be very disciplined to do that but I can never abandon my meat especially BBQ chicken.

It does require a lot of discipline but if you're doing it for the right reasons ( ie not as a weight loss tool), you can do it. One of the most popular Somali YouTubers is a raw food chef.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
What right reasons? Don't tell me you worry about that animal rights claptrap.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I can't do it. It's too hard.

You can't even do it.

Vegetables are nasty. I can only eat veges mixed with meat

I've been a vegetarian since I was 5. Lool

I started eating some meat w/in these last couple of years.

I knew it though, do you like your veggies roasted? Wallahi try it, it tastes nice.

I sometimes even eat cheeseless pizza.

It does require a lot of discipline but if you're doing it for the right reasons ( ie not as a weight loss tool), you can do it. One of the most popular Somali YouTubers is a raw food chef.

Have you ever considered veganism? Or vegetarianism? Have you tried it?

I knew it though, do you like your veggies roasted? Wallahi try it, it tastes nice.

Really? You don't eat meat at all? Your mom made you your own vegetarian meals?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Astagfurullah hassanah

You can't be serious?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Really? You don't eat meat at all? Your mom made you your own vegetarian meals?

I eat meat now, just fish and chicken on occasion but I prefer eating less animal products.

Yes, I use to go to McDonald's and make my mother order a plain cheeseburger without beef/onions or pickles. Lol I wanted to be like other kids but developed a phobia from meat.

Even if meat was hidden into rice I wouldn't eat it. She tried everything but I developed a food phobia. I'm a normie now tho.

I eat meat now, just fish and chicken on occasion but I prefer eating less animal products.

Yes, I use to go to McDonald's and make my mother order a plain cheeseburger without beef/onions or pickles. Lol I wanted to be like other kids but developed a phobia from meat.

Even if meat was hidden into rice I wouldn't eat it. She tried everything but I developed a food phobia. I'm a normie now tho.

You were never a vegetarian.

It's called kibir.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
What right reasons? Don't tell me you worry about that animal rights claptrap.

Unless you're buying from organic farmers, you have no idea what you're consuming. :stressed:

@AbdiJohnson I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but I follow the prophetic way and limit my consumption of meat and poultry to once a week ( if that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts