Somali synonyms

I'm no linguistic purist but I believe somali should use its own base words to coin new words. And we should keep the base words that have so thoroughly been engraved in our language for example

1. Word
Kalimad/erey

2. But
Laakin/ balse

3. Face
Weji/ fool

4. Half
Nus/ bar or badh

Arabic words that have debased somali words should be favoured more in place of pure somali words like these top 4. Coining new words should mean we use popular root words.

We also need to coin somali words for science

Biology = nafaqon
Psychology = maskaxaqon

Dutch icelandic & german do this which helps layman much more than just throwing latin and greek vocabulary. And lastly we need to standardise and simplfy the orthography.

No harm in using both. The literati class revels in maintaining the Arabic influence for a reason, albeit at heathen' pique. In poetry and literature, one finds considerable Arabic influence not only in dictum and composition, but in style too.

Same applies to all related languages. Try imagining English without Greek, Latin, or French influence.

No harm in using both. The literati class revels in maintaining the Arabic influence for a reason, albeit at heathen' pique. In poetry and literature, one finds considerable Arabic influence not only in dictum and composition, but in style too.

Same applies to all related languages. Try imagining English without Greek, Latin, or French influence.
Unlike greeks or other groups we are very homogeneous so our language shouldnt be continuously filled with loaned words and concepts

I'm no linguistic purist but I believe somali should use its own base words to coin new words. And we should keep the base words that have so thoroughly been engraved in our language for example

1. Word
Kalimad/erey

2. But
Laakin/ balse

3. Face
Weji/ fool

4. Half
Nus/ bar or badh

Arabic words that have debased somali words should be favoured more in place of pure somali words like these top 4. Coining new words should mean we use popular root words.

We also need to coin somali words for science

Biology = nafaqon
Psychology = maskaxaqon

Dutch icelandic & german do this which helps layman much more than just throwing latin and greek vocabulary. And lastly we need to standardise and simplfy the orthography.
Why cant we have both?