Somali store advice

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
Rents at a busy shopping street near me are down. I don't think they will be going up in the near future(5+years).

Any business ideas I can start? Easiest thing I could think of was a somali store where they sell abaayos, crèmes uunsi etc. I would need a sister of mine or my hooyo to run it then(there are 5 other stores like that in my city but they are all run by men) . I think it would be a huge hit. I sometimes go to the Somali stores to buy baasto and it's always filled with adeers fkding/talking politics. A store run by a women would be a huge advantage. Because women usually do the shopping in somali households.

But I'd have to convince my hooyo/sister to run it.

Any other business ideas or tips what to sell?

I'm still playing with ideas but I'll inshallah start a store in 5 years.

you should just sell random worthless shit and pretend it has cultural importance to you, best way of finessing stupid cadaan's

Rents at a busy shopping street near me are down. I don't think they will be going up in the near future(5+years).

Any business ideas I can start? Easiest thing I could think of was a somali store where they sell abaayos, crèmes uunsi etc. I would need a sister of mine or my hooyo to run it then(there are 5 other stores like that in my city but they are all run by men) . I think it would be a huge hit. I sometimes go to the Somali stores to buy baasto and it's always filled with adeers fkding/talking politics. A store run by a women would be a huge advantage. Because women usually do the shopping in somali households.

But I'd have to convince my hooyo/sister to run it.

Any other business ideas or tips what to sell?

I'm still playing with ideas but I'll inshallah start a store in 5 years.
I don’t think clothing store is as lucrative unless you’re in a shopping store or a big department store. A convenience corner store might be better. Selling drinks and snacks alone would be profitable but location is the biggest factor. You wanna be in highly visible high foot/ car traffic area.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You need to look beyond the Somali community. The only people that make money in the Somali business community are the xawaalads. There's so many different kinds of businesses you can start but it depends on the location, demographics, largest employers in the area, competition etc.

Thugnificent

You need to look beyond the Somali community. The only people that make money in the Somali business community are the xawaalads. There's so many different kinds of businesses you can start but it depends on the location, demographics, largest employers in the area, competition etc.
Wait don't those somali hijab/clothing stores make money? How can they stay open for 10+years.

I thought focusing on Somalis was an easy bet because that would generate a minimum amount of business.

Thugnificent

I don’t think clothing store is as lucrative unless you’re in a shopping store or a big department store. A convenience corner store might be better. Selling drinks and snacks alone would be profitable but location is the biggest factor. You wanna be in highly visible high foot/ car traffic area.
The area I was speaking about has a high amount of foot traffic. But it's already filled with supermarkets and big ethnic stores that sell that. I could never undercut them because they're too big.

Trending

Latest posts