Somali State of Texas

4 roads or 'Drives' as they're known in America named in reference to Awdal and it's natives.

The 4 roads/drives are named Borama Drive, Amoud Drive, Mahamoud Egal Drive (in reference to Amoud foundation founder), and the Nuur Drive (in reference to the Reer Nuur subclan of the Samaroon). :salute:

Samaroons second home base in North America outside Ottawa, Ontario is Dallas, Texas. :samwelcome: @Sophisticate @Araabi

Last edited:
This is great to see. Texas is an awsome state.

I have been encouraging Somalis to move to Texas and take advantage of the opportunities there.

There is a growing community of Somalis in Texas.

I would recommend more Somalis move there. It has good weather, low home prices, good job opportunities and low taxes.

Don't let the raging republican redneck stereotype scare you from moving there, texans are really open and down to earth people.

I have been encouraging Somalis to move to Texas and take advantage of the opportunities there.
Yeah, I don't understand why they dislike this state. If I was American, I'd want to live there.

There's been decade long resettlement schemes to move Somalis refugees to Texas.

It seems like individuals from the Samaroon clan from Awdal have been in Texas throughout the 90s and have been trying to help Somalis from backhome to gain a foothold in Texas. @Chaseyourdreamzz
Awdal Charity Services Inc. has also sent help. Throughout most of the 1990s, Awdal's founder, Safia Ismael, 53, was focused on resettling refugees from Somalia in North Texas. She was a refugee herself, arriving in 1982.
This is about the Mahamoud Egal I mentioned above who got a drive named after him. In 5 years, a total of 280 Somali refugees were resettled in North Texas. There should be a sizeable community by now altogether in Texas state, including Dallas. It should also be growing at a steady pace with Somalis moving in from other states in addition to those who live there.
Egal, who emigrated from Somalia in 1979, said he hopes for similar results from North Texas. While it’s hard to estimate the size of the Somali community in the Dallas area, Refugee Services of North Texas estimates that it has resettled 280 Somali refugees here in the last five years, and three other agencies have resettled a comparable number.

Last edited:

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Yeah, I don't understand why they dislike this state. If I was American, I'd want to live there.

There's been decade long resettlement schemes to move Somalis refugees to Texas.

It seems like individuals from the Samaroon clan from Awdal have been in Texas throughout the 90s and have been trying to help Somalis from backhome to gain a foothold in Texas. @Chaseyourdreamzz

This is about the Mahamoud Egal I mentioned above who got a drive named after him. In 5 years, a total of 280 Somali refugees were resettled in North Texas. There should be a sizeable community by now altogether in Texas state, including Dallas. It should also be growing at a steady pace with Somalis moving in from other states in addition to those who live there.

Do they settle Samaroons only? Or do they have quotas for non-Samaroons?

:sass2:

Do they settle Samaroons only? Or do they have quotas for non-Samaroons?

:sass2:
I'd assume Samaroon were getting resettled because they have people that vouch for them but there's a possibility they were vouching for other Somalis too since many of our people are very pro-Somalinimo :ohno:

JackieBurkhart

I'd assume Samaroon were getting resettled because they have people that vouch for them but there's a possibility they were vouching for other Somalis too since many of our people are very pro-Somalinimo :ohno:

I wanted a qabiil war. Xaasid baa tahay.

:susp:

JackieBurkhart

You want my thread to be dropped into the FKD section :pacspit:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somalis' natural state is to be engaged in a constant state of war over our respective qaabils. I've seen your comments, walaal. You're no better than the rest of us. :icon lol:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Texas is the New California, they taking over. I been seeing many people hyping up Texas. While people are moving from California, it's expensive for example housing prices, the tax is higher, gas is more expensive etc while Texas is the complete opposite. Low taxes, low house pricing, low gas price and people are moving into Texas. Texas population grew more than double Californias from 2010-2020.

Trending

Latest posts