Somali Science Institution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It is of great shame a whole nation who hasn't got one Science institution. A whole nation that doesn't understand the environment they live in. What the hell do we spend our time on if we are not providing answers to our people? Does anyone even understand the elements of the 'earth' in Somalia? They understand how to 'chop' trees down for charcoal but they don't understand how to 'replant it' the cause of this is a lack of science in the society.

They rely on the natural world like animals do, they do not how to use the natural world to benefit it's people. There is 3 key fields Somalis need to get a very good understanding of in the natural world.

The first one is Liquid. The other one is Mass and the last one is 'Elements'. Liquid and Mass all have elements, they do not just become Liquid and Mass by magic, it goes through a process of change. It's up to scientist to sit in labs to explain these changes by applying heat or cold or 'force and pressure'.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
How hard is it for Somalis to go around and get 'samples' of the different liquids and solid mass and create a library and begin giving them Somali names. The first thing is Somalis as a whole need to understand what these different materials are that is in their environment. From there we can show them what happens with a bit of 'heat or cold' applied to any sample.

For example Liquid with heat will result in a boil, this will apply to any form of liquid. For example it is for you guys to understand why rocks won't burn but 'sticks' will. What is the difference in elements between those two masses?

Why don't we shatter different masses like wood, metal, rocks and see what the result will be. Experimenation, they all break down into pieces, are these pieces all the same 'inside' with different 'exterior' or is there fundamental element difference inside also?

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Lol this guy never experienced stoning.

Sxb go try to start a lecture on science in the main market of xamar and I'll gift you 10 camels if you make it out alive without getting ripped apart by uneducated self proclaimed Haram police.

A science institute's building would be looted on a weekly basis right after Jummah prayers.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
This is probably why we never had a writing system since anything written that wasn't the Quran would've been burned within a generation.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is probably why we never had a writing system since anything written that wasn't the Quran would've been burned within a generation.

Well we know with all animals they have 'anatomy' and structure' and common traits like blood. What is the commonality elements of different masses? Rock, Wood, Sand, Ice are primarily observable on top of earth. We can discuss the elements below the earth in a later topic. But what is the commonality between these masses? we need science to answer it. Not a single Somali has attempted such basic experimentation.

You lived in your environment for a documented 1000 years and you have no science, how are somalis any different to animals who live just like they did? the thing that separates animals and humans is the mind and you clearly are showing somalis lacked it.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Well we know with all animals they have 'anatomy' and structure' and common traits like blood. What is the commonality elements of different masses? Rock, Wood, Sand, Ice are primarily observable on top of earth. We can discuss the elements below the earth in a later topic. But what is the commonality between these masses? we need science to answer it. Not a single Somali has attempted such basic experimentation.

You lived in your environment for a documented 1000 years and you have no science, how are somalis any different to animals who live just like they did? the thing that separates animals and humans is the mind and you clearly are showing somalis lacked it.
The only way this would work is explain science by using the Qur'an. It would make people listen and then you can take it from there

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The only way this would work is explain science by using the Qur'an. It would make people listen and then you can take it from there

What if we banned the quran and say it is for 'human beings' with high level of thought, first demonstrate you are human being as a Somali and learn to live like one, study like one, and provide benefits to your environment. After such time you are welcome to read the quran as you developed a human mind. Right now you got 68 IQ reading the quran and u wonder why their is terrorists?

A guy who can't even feed himself and his family is reading the quran today, the quran is being abused by low intellect people. They need to be restricted from it.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
It is of great shame a whole nation who hasn't got one Science institution. A whole nation that doesn't understand the environment they live in. What the hell do we spend our time on if we are not providing answers to our people? Does anyone even understand the elements of the 'earth' in Somalia? They understand how to 'chop' trees down for charcoal but they don't understand how to 'replant it' the cause of this is a lack of science in the society.

They rely on the natural world like animals do, they do not how to use the natural world to benefit it's people. There is 3 key fields Somalis need to get a very good understanding of in the natural world.

The first one is Liquid. The other one is Mass and the last one is 'Elements'. Liquid and Mass all have elements, they do not just become Liquid and Mass by magic, it goes through a process of change. It's up to scientist to sit in labs to explain these changes by applying heat or cold or 'force and pressure'.

We do know ho the world world sxb. Go out at night after 7pm and the police/army shoot you. Go into the wrong neighborhood and you'll get killed for being from the wrong qabil. Look at the wrong girl and her relatives will kill you for being from the wrong qabil.

Maybe, someday, we'll develop something but until the terrorists are dealt with and the nation decides on which direction they want to go in, the highest level of scientific discovery from Somalia will be that water evaporates when heated.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
We do know ho the world world sxb. Go out at night after 7pm and the police/army shoot you. Go into the wrong neighborhood and you'll get killed for being from the wrong qabil. Look at the wrong girl and her relatives will kill you for being from the wrong qabil.

Maybe, someday, we'll develop something but until the terrorists are dealt with and the nation decides on which direction they want to go in, the highest level of scientific discovery from Somalia will be that water evaporates when heated.

Those terrorist come from within the people sxb.

Without uplifting our people intellectually there'll be a never ending supply of these agents of chaos.

Even if we get a decent government in... it won't be a decade until shtf again unless you expose the people to those new ideas.

No one cares if some langaab steps into your hood when you're more concerned with some existential crisis you got after yesterday's physics lecture.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Walaal, I agree with your idea and most of what you said with Somalia needing to progress, however I really dislike your condescending tone. Keep in mind that the majority of Somalis live below the poverty line, barely getting by on small rations of food each day. Keep in mind that Somalia suffers from a highly fragile central government that doesn't necessarily have the means to fund scientific endeavors (as you likely know, getting funding for the sciences can be quite costly). You ought to not go by this unfortunate situation by insulting the intelligence of the Somali people as if that'll accomplish anything.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
What if we banned the quran and say it is for 'human beings' with high level of thought, first demonstrate you are human being as a Somali and learn to live like one, study like one, and provide benefits to your environment. After such time you are welcome to read the quran as you developed a human mind. Right now you got 68 IQ reading the quran and u wonder why their is terrorists?

A guy who can't even feed himself and his family is reading the quran today, the quran is being abused by low intellect people. They need to be restricted from it.

Dr. Osman, are you drunk? Why are you advocating for people to have the Qu'ran taken from them? Do fathom how haram that is?

Horta, what's with this attack on religion? Many of scholars and philosophers of the past (both in the West and East) were men of faith. Thomas Aquinas, Ibn Sina, Ibn Rushd, Immanuel Kant, etc. Albania and North Korea are both atheist nations, and both are undeniably poor and pitiful nations. Piety makes our Lord (subhanu wa tala) pleased, and so piety should not be the villain here. But rather, the poor circumstances as to Somalia is in (chaos, poverty, famine, etc.).

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr. Osman, are you drunk? Why are you advocating for people to have the Qu'ran taken from them? Do fathom how haram that is?

Horta, what's with this attack on religion? Many of scholars and philosophers of the past (both in the West and East) were men of faith. Thomas Aquinas, Ibn Sina, Ibn Rushd, Immanuel Kant, etc. Albania and North Korea are both atheist nations, and both are undeniably poor and pitiful nations. Piety makes our Lord (subhanu wa tala) pleased, and so piety should not be the villain here. But rather, the poor circumstances as to Somalia is in (chaos, poverty, famine, etc.).

It's not an attack on religion. Religion requires 'high level of thought' and a mind that is developed. That's why they kept it away from the 'peasants' in Europe because their IQ was very low. We need to do a similar thing in Somalia. The quran is for 'mankind' what somalis need to prove is their not 'animals' first is my point. Do we give the quran to 'camels'? No they lack the intellect and I believe Somalis lack the intellect also to understand the quran.

So stop twisting shit around, I am blaming a low IQ population who should be kept from the quran in order not to abuse it with their limited intellectual capacities.

I mean seriously even @Samaalic Era agreed with me on that. If this Somali guy can't even understand basic world around him, how in the world will u expect his limited braincells(68) to understand concepts beyond this world?

What benefit have we achieved from a mind that is ranked 68 IQ from reading the quran? nothing but bombing and terrorism. I am not blaming the quran at all, if in the right hands and right minds(smart people), the quran can bring benefits. But it's in the hand of someone who cannot even change his own light bulb or understand how to deal with droughts.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Lolalola I am condescending and my tone is intended to be condescending. You have a nation of 10 million people who have no produced one product for themselves or mankind. They have contributed to nothing in the world in the past or now. This is a huge problem and indicates we are no better then animals who contribute nothing.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
It's not an attack on religion. Religion requires 'high level of thought' and a mind that is developed. That's why they kept it away from the 'peasants' in Europe because their IQ was very low. We need to do a similar thing in Somalia. The quran is for 'mankind' what somalis need to prove is their not 'animals' first is my point. Do we give the quran to 'camels'? No they lack the intellect and I believe Somalis lack the intellect also to understand the quran.

So stop twisting shit around, I am blaming a low IQ population who should be kept from the quran in order not to abuse it with their limited intellectual capacities.

I mean seriously even @Samaalic Era agreed with me on that. If this Somali guy can't even understand basic world around him, how in the world will u expect his limited braincells(68) to understand concepts beyond this world?

What benefit have we achieved from a mind that is ranked 68 IQ from reading the quran? nothing but bombing and terrorism. I am not blaming the quran at all, if in the right hands and right minds(smart people), the quran can bring benefits. But it's in the hand of someone who cannot even change his own light bulb or understand how to deal with droughts.
@Lolalola
There are Ayat in the Qur'an were Allah swt spoke of people who say"what does Allah swt mean by this similutude?"
Here are some ayat that amazing
Surah Al-Araf, Verse 179: وَلَقَدْ ذَرَأْنَا لِجَهَنَّمَ كَثِيرًا مِّنَ الْجِنِّ وَالْإِنسِ لَهُمْ قُلُوبٌ لَّا يَفْقَهُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ أَعْيُنٌ لَّا يُبْصِرُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ آذَانٌ لَّا يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ كَالْأَنْعَامِ بَلْ هُمْ أَضَلُّ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْغَافِلُونَ And certainly We have created for hell many of the jinn and the men; they have hearts with which they do not understand, and they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear; they are as cattle, nay, they are in worse errors; these are the heedless ones.

Allah swt described those who do not use the eyes,ears and hearts as being worse than cattle

Here is another ayah

Surah Al-Jumua, Verse 5: مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ حُمِّلُوا التَّوْرَاةَ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَحْمِلُوهَا كَمَثَلِ الْحِمَارِ يَحْمِلُ أَسْفَارًا بِئْسَ مَثَلُ الْقَوْمِ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ The likeness of those who were charged with the Taurat, then they did not observe it, is as the likeness of the ass bearing books, evil is the likeness of the people who reject the communications of Allah; and Allah does not guide the unjust people.

This the donkey carrying books. In the Qur'an, Allah swt in many places condemns self imposed ignorance and sheep behaviour.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Lolalola
There are Ayat in the Qur'an were Allah swt spoke of people who say"what does Allah swt mean by this similutude?"
Here are some ayat that amazing
Surah Al-Araf, Verse 179: وَلَقَدْ ذَرَأْنَا لِجَهَنَّمَ كَثِيرًا مِّنَ الْجِنِّ وَالْإِنسِ لَهُمْ قُلُوبٌ لَّا يَفْقَهُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ أَعْيُنٌ لَّا يُبْصِرُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ آذَانٌ لَّا يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ كَالْأَنْعَامِ بَلْ هُمْ أَضَلُّ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْغَافِلُونَ And certainly We have created for hell many of the jinn and the men; they have hearts with which they do not understand, and they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear; they are as cattle, nay, they are in worse errors; these are the heedless ones.

Allah swt described those who do not use the eyes,ears and hearts as being worse than cattle

Here is another ayah

Surah Al-Jumua, Verse 5: مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ حُمِّلُوا التَّوْرَاةَ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَحْمِلُوهَا كَمَثَلِ الْحِمَارِ يَحْمِلُ أَسْفَارًا بِئْسَ مَثَلُ الْقَوْمِ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ The likeness of those who were charged with the Taurat, then they did not observe it, is as the likeness of the ass bearing books, evil is the likeness of the people who reject the communications of Allah; and Allah does not guide the unjust people.

This the donkey carrying books. In the Qur'an, Allah swt in many places condemns self imposed ignorance and sheep behaviour.

Humans are the most intelligent in the world, the world around is less intelligent. It is up to us to explain it and reproduce it and use it to better ourselves and societies. There is no topic the human mind cannot grasp. If you cannot grasp the physical world which is 'dumber' then you. I mean a rock isn't exactly intelligent nor are elements then how do you expect to grasp the quran or books about superior intelligence then yourself?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yo @Samaalic Era one of the big reasons I don't even listen to Somali Religious Scholars is not because I hate religion but because I know that guy doesn't even know how to change a light bulb or understand electricity or the physics. If he demonstrated he had knowledge of the 'dumb world' around us, this would lead me to believe he may be intelligent to understand the god topic.

But this religious guy doesn't even understand how to do basic experimentation or solve his problems in his society so I doubt his knowledge of god is right either. If you don't understand what is around you, you won't understand what is beyond you either is my reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts