Somali Realtors

I recently met an elderly Somali realtor adeer and the instant he called me adeer I became suspicious as to how he would try to try to sneak something. You know the old adage, 'give an inch'.

Would you go out of your way to work with one?

Would you trust one to work with/for you?

Edit, He called me adeer. Would you take the familiarity as a warning sign?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I recently met an elderly Somali realtor adeer and the instant he called me adeer I became suspicious as to how he would try to try to sneak something. You know the old adage, 'give an inch'.

Would you go out of your way to work with one?

Would you trust one to work with/for you?

I think it depends on the individual. Sharing an ethnicity isn't enough to cement a business or working relationship but vetting them would be best to determine trustworthiness and relability like you would anyone else. However, if everything checks out I'd prefer to give them my business to help a fellow Somali out.

Same. I'm actively looking for Somali realtors, but a part of me is suspicious. Adeer's get too friendly, I am inevitably worried as I've had my experiences but hoping that someone might recommend someone here lol, in Ottawa.

Helping any farax and remaining 100% professional is a lost cause it seems.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Same. I'm actively looking for Somali realtors, but a part of me is suspicious. Adeer's get too friendly, I am inevitably worried as I've had my experiences but hoping that someone might recommend someone here lol, in Ottawa.

Helping any farax and remaining 100% professional is a lost cause it seems.

It would be pretty cool if you found a Somali sister that's a realtor. I'm not too sure about who is involved in that line of work over there. You could continue to dig around and hopefully find one. However, you still have other options avaliable to you if you can't find a Somali one.

Trending