Somali real estate is a JOKE

Absolutely ridiculous. How can they justify these prices? Cuz some xoolo is willing to pay that. Remittance although crucial has ruined whatever economy we have. These people do simple grocery shopping using dollars.

Based

VIP
Mogadishu real estate is expensive and booming. That dabaq is probably built in an expensive neighborhood and you don’t have to deal with the hassle of building the actual house and buying materials for the interior and exterior.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It's the corrupt local politicians that pay those prices. Even diaspora can not afford it.

Mogadishu real estate is expensive and booming. That dabaq is probably built in an expensive neighborhood and you don’t have to deal with the hassle of building the actual house and buying materials for the interior and exterior.

Tbh, it’s not limited to Mogadishu/Somalia. It’s the same in other places that I’ve observed in Ethiopia like Addis. Just exorbitant prices in comparison for what you get.

This doesn’t apply just to residential places for sale, but also rentals. I was scrolling through rental sites not too long ago, and you literally have to pay 3-4 times the amount in Addis than you would in Nairobi for the same type of property/location.

Ultimately, it’s part to do with price gouging and not having proper regulations. But mostly boils down to the fact that not enough properties are being built, and the supply doesn’t match the demands. Which in turn keep the prices ridiculously high.

We sold a housing plot we owned in the most exclusive area of Medina for 30000 dollars in 2010 when you had Al Shabaab controlling almost all of Mogadishu. There was a nice Villa located on the ground before 1991, so it was the land itself we sold the house itself was destroyed and gone. I can only imagine how much that plot will had gone for now in 2023.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Why are modern somali houses so ugly? Are the builders colorblind. They always choose the ugliest colors. And why is there a yellow tint on the windows. The houses I saw in Mogadishu vs Nairobi were like night and day.
:what:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
The antique buildings in Muqdisho have unique architecture and historical significance, and have stood the test of time.

The house in the first video is in need of some renovations, however, some people still prefer the unique character of older buildings over the modern, replicated structures that have become commonplace..

Trending

Latest posts