Somali population displays genetic traits of significance to health and disease.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Do you think it’s worth getting a DNA test? Man I don’t waste $150 to tell me I’m 98% Somali and 2% Ethiopian.
It is dangerous. The DNA companies sell your information. This isn't a major issue today but it will be as biometric technology becomes more common. I don't recommend it if you already know you're full Somali.

Apollo

VIP
It is dangerous. The DNA companies sell your information. This isn't a major issue today but it will be as biometric technology becomes more common. I don't recommend it if you already know you're full Somali.

You cannot hide from ''bioweapon makers'' because they will have access to publicly available genomes from academic studies. Like this study and many others. Most of your personal variation will be already captured by this.

This bioweapon stuff is extreme paranoia as Somalis are at the bottom on the list for elimination. If a bioweapon is even created (not possible and zero evidence one ever was created) they will go for the Han Chinese, the Russians or other more powerful and influential groups.

Lastly, populations who are tested well can benefit from advanced personalized medicine and better healthcare treatments while your unstudied group will be stuck with primitive healthcare methods.

This is just from smaller population with increased consanguinity. Increased risk for T1D means nothing.

As for deaths from corona. Its because somalis arent following the rules and continue to meet up, especially in places like sweden.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
You cannot hide from ''bioweapon makers'' because they will have access to publicly available genomes from academic studies. Like this study and many others. Most of your personal variation will be already captured by this.

This bioweapon stuff is extreme paranoia as Somalis are at the bottom on the list for elimination. If a bioweapon is even created (not possible and zero evidence one ever was created) they will go for the Han Chinese, the Russians or other more powerful and influential groups.

Lastly, populations who are tested well can benefit from advanced personalized medicine and better healthcare treatments while your unstudied group will be stuck with primitive healthcare methods.
Bioweapons? I was just worried about increased insurance rates and genetic discrimination.
:mugshotman:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
So we're more genetically pre-disposed to Type 1 diabetes?
View attachment 103240

I believe it though. It seems like every habo/adeer has diabetes high blood pressure or both!
Our diet consists of high carbs, sugar and meat with lots of fats. I've seen Somali habo's fighting the middle eastern butcher because he didn't give them meat with fat on it. So yes diabetes, blood pressure are bound to be found in our community.

Thanks yeah my parents told me in detailed our ancestry.

Trending