Somali people in Minnesota

Somali people in Minnesota can be divided into a certain number of categories, I'll probably miss a few but here I go

Number 1: The old people
Does not speak a lick of English despite living in Minnesota for like 15 years, scolds you for not speaking Somali if you don't speak it, usually promotes Clannism and others things. Old men typically standing outside of the Somali mall holding what seems to be cups of shah that are actually full of khat are included in this.

Number 2: The children and younger teenagers
The younger faaraxs up to the age of about 15 or 16, are obsessed with anime, this seems to be an almost universal trait amongst this age group in Somali boys. The younger Somali girls seem to like kpop and other korean things although they generally just like pop culture of the US, alongside a lot of them also liking anime

Number 3: The older teenagers
Older teenage boys are usually delinquents, drugs, gangs, etc, all common among this group, they all seem to love basketball and also rap music. The older teenage girls are mostly chill, but some of them are also delinquents partaking in drugs, vaping, etc.

Number 4: The younger fob
Is between the ages of 20 and 35, Speaks English with an accent, spends all their time at the Somali mall and is always debating qabiil and siyaasad at the coffee shops

Number 5: The whitewashed xaalimo
Does not speak a lick of Somali, does not have any Somali friends, rarely prays or goes to the masjid.

Number 6: The generic fob
Literally just came to Minnesota from Somalia, through a family member or something, does not speak English in the slightest and tbh doesn't plan on it, lives in Cedar-Riverside off welare, spends all his time at the Somali mall looking for a wife

Last edited:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Once again NZ supremacy

giphy.gif

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I hate the state of Minnesota but the people are great. Qabil is dying out there as far as using it to discriminate. I give it 15 more years and it will no longer have an affect in the Somali community over there.

Somalis are weeaboos, from anime to kpop, we can’t get enough of these indoyars. Atleast keep it superficial like me, no need to deep dive like an otaku

I hate the state of Minnesota but the people are great. Qabil is dying out there as far as using it to discriminate. I give it 15 more years and it will no longer have an affect in the Somali community over there.
yeah half the kids don't even know their Qabiil lol

Somalis are weeaboos, from anime to kpop, we can’t get enough of these indoyars. Atleast keep it superficial like me, no need to deep dive like an otaku

Funny thing is I never got into that shit I don't get liking something whose language you can't understand I even knew of a hijabi weeaboo who flew to South Korea to teach English thinking shit was sweet not knowing how white worshipping, anti black indoyar are to them to speak English meant white person.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
How do they use qabil? Do they use it for jobs or discrimination?

How do they use qabil? Do they use it for jobs or discrimination?
They do not care about qabiil lol, the shops sell lander and somali bracelets right next to each other.

They identify each other by qabiil tho, "gabadha dhulbahante", "ninkii isaaq", etc. At least the older people do

Fun-fact: In the 24 mall, there is a barber-shop that's Oromo, not kidding, I walked in there, everybody looked Somali and I assumed they were Somali since we were at the SOMALI mall, these niggas started speaking some weird pseudo-somali shit, asked them what they were speaking they said Oromo. Turns out almost every barber there is Oromo, weird shit.

They weren't satisifed with the Northern cities, they're colonizing us in Minnesota too
:farmajoyaab:

Funny thing is I never got into that shit I don't get liking something whose language you can't understand I even knew of a hijabi weeaboo who flew to South Korea to teach English thinking shit was sweet not knowing how white worshipping, anti black indoyar are to them to speak English meant white person.

Lool true, this is extreme and comical. Its a phase people go through before reality hits them. Kpop and anime are just like any other media, no reason to go neck deep.

Trending