Somali parents are failing their sons in the uk/canaada/west

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Ok? Nobody uses the actual definition anymore

My point is that you use a phrase that mocks people who hold progressive views when our prophet held views so progressive at the time that it almost cost his life on numerous occasions.

It’s a bit hypocritical, no?

Xaruun

VIP
My point is that you use a phrase that mocks people who hold progressive views when our prophet held views so progressive at the time that it almost cost his life on numerous occasions.

Stop waffling :noneck:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No, you should learn not to parrot phrases that you don’t understand.

The definition of a social justice warrior is: Someone who promotes or espouses social progressive views.

Not too long ago, the phrase SJW was a compliment given to those who worked in civil rights or activism.

Muhammad SAW was devoted to socially progressing Arab society by eliminating practices like infanticide. He even went to war over it.

He was literally a warrior for Social Justice and fits the actual definition of the term.
SJW is now used mockingly and sarcastically as in the person thinks of themselves as some kind of “warrior” for the betterment of society in their own vanity but in reality they’re far from it.

You should know that was the context he was speaking in.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

49725398-A0FA-4DD4-93E3-DB9EBE5B70C1.jpeg

A: You’re against modern day progressives
B: Prophet muhammad SAW was a progressive
C: You must be against prophet muhammad

No one followed prophet muhammad because he was “progressive”. There’s more nuance to that. It completely relies on what you’re exactly progressing too.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
View attachment 202031

A: You’re against modern day progressives
B: Prophet muhammad SAW was a progressive
C: You must be against prophet muhammad

No one followed prophet muhammad because he was “progressive”. There’s more nuance to that. It completely relies on what you’re exactly progressing too.

Not at all.

The point is that mocking progression or mocking someone believing in social progression is hypocritical.

You do not have to support modern day progressives but mocking them for holding views on what they believe would make society better is incorrect.

Muhammad SAW was known for many things but one cannot deny that he believed in social justice. He wanted blacks and whites equal, stood up for slaves and stood up to barbaric practices.

My argument is that you should hear people out, even if you don’t agree with them. Not doing so is the definition of ignorance.

Somali society uplift degeneracy like this. I couldn’t imagine any other community where a father does this and isn’t treated like a pariah.

I want to vomit. It’s disgusting that you have to have an #%##% for a father and I hope you get your justice in yawm al qiyamah. It will be brutal for your father and all other abusive Somali parents.
They do uplift it because no one in my fathers family said « heeeeyyy take care of your kids even tho you divorce your wife your kids are your kids!! » they just blindly watch and some of them enjoy it because they are miserable aswell. The sad thing is that my dad has money and didn’t even want to help me during my one of my dark moment. I never ask anyone for anything but this one time I needed help because I was really going through it he hung up on me. Honestly I will never forget nor forgive what he did. His loss tho he’s getting old now. I will always respect him and talk to him nicely but I don’t like him.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, MLK were all called crazy revolutionaries or communists for thinking that Blacks and Whites should be equal before the law.

Many of the people who deride social justice were descendants of those who derided other advocates of social justice.

Trending