Somali nomads over 100 years ago (+ extras)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majeerteen - Royal House of Uthman - Picture taken in Alula the seat of the King.

tumblr_mbwala6Viw1qill6po9_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8zqjjcx301qill6po3_250.jpg

Traditional elders in Mudug
tumblr_m8zqjjcx301qill6po4_1280.jpg

:rejoice::rejoice::rejoice:

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Our people are beautiful

I know the photos were in black white and white by are these guys so madow :stevej::stevej:.

This is your typical Darood from 100+ years ago. The Sultans of Somaliland mashallah. His kingdom was truly the one greatest and the only sultanate to rule over sanaag, togdheer, and Waqooyi Galbeed.
Sultan_Mohamoud_Ali_Shire_2.jpg

Inb4 we wuz kings, Darood calcaal.

:sass1::sass2:

Merca

Inactive.
I know the photos were in black white and white by are these guys so madow :stevej::stevej:.

This is your typical Darood from 100+ years ago. The Sultans of Somaliland mashallah. His kingdom was truly the one greatest and the only sultanate to rule over sanaag, togdheer, and Waqooyi Galbeed.
Sultan_Mohamoud_Ali_Shire_2.jpg

Inb4 we wuz kings, Darood calcaal.

:sass1::sass2:
Ok nice to hear, I guess

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
somali_war_dance_small.jpg

AFRICAN GLADIATORS: A WONDERFUL SOMALI WAR DANCE

One of the most striking dances in the Somali repertoire, called the "Bororoma-Boromsi" dance. Surrounded by an ever-restless chanting chorus of spearmen, the two combatants — one attacking fiercely with cutlass, the other defending desperately with his small Somali shield — seem to be in grim and deadly earnest, and none would believe them to be at play

somali_war_dance2_small.jpg

THE LAST SCENE: THE DUSKY VISITOR APPEALS TO CÆSAR

The defender sinks to the ground and abjectly craves mercy, while the chorus, dancing more madly, chant "Boromsi Boromsa." The conqueror pins his victim and prepares to give the final blow but, like an ancient gladiator, turns to the spectators to ask the beaten one's fate

VixR

Veritas
I swear these ppl look foreign.

The guy on @jugjugwacwac profile:
Du'aale Abdi, Isaaq, Tol-Je'lo, Mousse Abu-bokor, 28 yrs.
e37RA5a.png

We have wide-eyes and couple chinky-eyes in my family, so this where the chinks in my family get it from. This guy can barely open his eyes :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts