Somali nationalism is a foreign concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafez

VIP
أن أعرف لغة عربية أيضا و لاكن الكلمة ألتي قد وضعتها ما هو صومال و لا عربية

Hafez

VIP
Waryaa yarey ha igu dhihin aniga dhoocil ma ihi ma garatay. Iga xishood sodoh baan ahaye lol.
Right-right-I-get-what-youre-sayin-GIF.gif

You are a sore loser. Keep on denying scientific facts.

You don't understand science. The fact you think you can use the 23&me as credible scientific fact is a testament to your misunderstanding of how the scientific method works.

Forget blog posts, forget what "experts" say, and forget what has bern reported on 23&me. Do you or do you not have papers published in reputable, peer-reviewed journals that you can cite that are exhaustive in their methodology and give a breakdowm by qabil, region, haplotype, etc? If the answer is no, then there is no scientific basis to any of your unjustified conclusions regarding the homogeneity of the people living in the Somali peninsula. In science, the answer is just that simple.

Authentic Somali Nationalism is very much an indegenous concept. Somali Nation did not start when the europeans arrived. Xeer is the Father and inventor of the Somali nation State and it began hundreds of years ago.
Do you have evidence of this? Do you have any historical documents you can point to where there has been an acknowledgement of the "Somali people? My findings after combing history for all these years only shows references to the language, while the people were always identified by their tribe by outsiders.

Do you have evidence of this? Do you have any historical documents you can point to where there has been an acknowledgement of the "Somali people? My findings after combing history for all these years only shows references to the language, while the people were always identified by their tribe by outsiders.

Yes i do Somali ethnic groups was mentioned in the futah al habash and before that it was mentioned by the ethiopian king in a song after a battle against the awdalites. Its definetly a somali creation saaxiib and indigenous one at that before the colonials.

Read this : MOHAMED ABDILLAHI. RIRASH - Effects of sixteenth century upheavals on the history of the horn.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ARnUeK-Y8WUF9YUG15RWJMU2c/view?usp=sharing

This somali historian from djibouti goes in detail in this study of the name ''Soomaali''

Funny enough your darood clan including other somali clans were reffered to as Somalis in medieval historical books.

Yes i do Somali ethnic groups was mentioned in the futah al habash and before that it was mentioned by the ethiopian king in a song after a battle against the awdalites. Its definetly a somali creation saaxiib and indigenous one at that before the colonials.
Read this : MOHAMED ABDILLAHI. RIRASH - Effects of sixteenth century upheavals on the history of the horn.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ARnUeK-Y8WUF9YUG15RWJMU2c/view?usp=sharing

Try again. Many Oromo and even Afar groups were referred to as "Somali" in the same historical references you cite. It seems anyone who wasn't Amxar/Tigre was referred to as "Somali" even if they were distinct ethnic groups. Unless you believe Afar and Oromo are also apart of the Somali ethnic group, then you need to come to terms with the fact that Darod is its own and distinct ethnic group.:heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts