Somali name disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suave

Bonnie & Clyde <3
Yeah but since the 99 names of Allah thing they take on Muslim meaning.

It still doesn't divergent the past meaning of the name.

Abdullah was associated with the deities worshiped around mekkah, where Al-Lat, Al-Uzza & Manat were worshipped as the daughters of Allah.

When you're surrounded by Mexicans, Cadaans, and Tyrones *I dont live in Minnesota* Yes it is.
I remember one teacher was shocked when I asked for days off for EID Holiday he said "Oh you're Muslim?" , If my name was Abdiwahab that nigga would know I been Muslim day 1.
I think you were not talktive person cuz if you were than they will have recognize you're muslim after they hear you saying inshallah or something related. Anyway you don't need their recognize to be a muslim or not. Explain yourself more man!

It still doesn't divergent the past meaning of the name.

Abdullah was associated with the deities worshiped around mekkah, where Al-Lat, Al-Uzza & Manat were worshipped as the daughters of Allah.
Allah means god though even Arabs knew that before Islam they simply worshipped these statues alongside Allah believing that they were some kinda of intermediary between them and God that's why islam says there is no god but god

Mali Mo

I still dont give a f*ck
I think you were not talktive person cuz if you were than they will have recognize you're muslim after they hear you saying inshallah or something related. Anyway you don't need their recognize to a muslim or not. Explain yourself more man!
What kind of western child says Inshallah to Gaalo, LOL
:cryinglaughsmiley:

What kind of western child says Inshallah to Gaalo, LOL
:cryinglaughsmiley:
You never heard Pakistani speak? Anyway what does it coast you if people didn't recognize you're muslim or not. I think there is something wrong with you? Do have social problem? Do you have Shyness Disorder? If not it's your problem . Anyway just say I hate the name and stop making excuse.

Mali Mo

I still dont give a f*ck
You never heard Pakistani speak? Anyway what does it coast you if people didn't recognize you're muslim or not. I think there is something wrong with you? Do have social problem? Do you have Shyness Disorder? If not it's your problem . Anyway just say I hate the name and stop making excuse.
No but the name doesnt have a link with Islam like an Arabic name does, do you deny that. If Jake sees Abdul and Xersi. He knows Abdul is Muslim but doesnt know wtf Xersi is.
Of course among Somalis this is non issue im talking about near non Somali.

you are brain dead and blind. you need to come back to your senses maybe go visit the refugee camp you came from. idiot!

didn't come from refugee camp not that anything wrong,, why the insults...wow anotha salafi that's how you all espew diarrhea from mouth.

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Harla was sitting on the Issaq land, they assimilated them and the somali-harla wars were prevalent at the time, its even mentioned in futuh al habasha

Stop making shit up. Habesha are highlanders. You guys migrated from Shewa or Arsi after the collapse of Shewa Sultanate and migrated to Hararghe. Somalis look down on assimilation and their origins are from the north. I've read Al-Futah Al-Habesh and it doesn't mention that either.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Ugaas and garad are name in dhulos origin :francis:
Garad wilwal came 2-300 years after the dhulos started using the garad name:kanyeshrug:
Ugaas is Somalized version of Oghuz and it is Turkic. It means tribe.

As for Garaad. It true Dhulos use that term, so do Oromos. I came across a history page of Oromos and they gave their rulers titles like “Garad”.

i should say that the name caynaanshe is infact arabic loan word which means caynaan (two eyes) if you can see deeply

wrong. has nothing to do with Arabic.

caynaanshe means leader in Somali.

'caynaanka hay' means 'keep leading us' in Somali.

wrong. has nothing to do with Arabic.

caynaanshe means leader in Somali.

'caynaanka hay' means 'keep leading us' in Somali.

caynaanka hay means hold your gaze into it , indhaha ku ilaasho , its just obvious somali words sometimes sound arabic but they are infact a real somali word just like Oomaar which is same as kaahiye , which means his siblings were all girls but then when he born he blaze inside them means kaah light and oomaar same , oomaar my sound like omar but its a pure somali word you should do more depth research in regards with that

caynaanka hay means hold your gaze into it , indhaha ku ilaasho , its just obvious somali words sometimes sound arabic but they are infact a real somali word just like Oomaar which is same as kaahiye , which means his siblings were all girls but then when he born he blaze inside them means kaah light and oomaar same , oomaar my sound like omar but its a pure somali word you should do more depth research in regards with that

listen to the song ,''caynaaka hay,hay,hay' in the 70s.its more like 'hold the leash; which means ,'lead us'.

listen to the song ,''caynaaka hay,hay,hay' in the 70s.its more like 'hold the leash; which means ,'lead us'.

No No everything back to its origins, why we should claim arabic words somali words are more rich then arabic but we keep loning since mid ages, like samadoon, samane,samaroon, samatar, samood its has a Sama prefix سما which is be rise above (kasara maray) , although it is a very old names hence called to older tribes like habar yoonis sugule caynaanshe jibriil abubakar samood, habar jeclo samane, samaroon but its all arabic and mixed somali

@baradhe......nothing Arabic there except jibriil abokor,,everything else is pure somali. you need some Somali literature.

Last edited:
@baradhe.....sama means good in Somali.
roon means better in Somali.
ie, shankaroon,,means better than 5,,its female name.

samaroon means better than good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending