Somali Movie Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the Somali movie industry and did they capitalized the ease of filming movies using recent technologies such as smartphones and online video streams?

And second of all, which Somali movie do you recommend to those who want to watch one?

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I watched Rajo when it came out in Columbus years back it's a nice movie. Give it a try. :nvjpqts:

S

Shamis

Has anyone got a working link to 'Tahriib' and 'Qab iyo Iil'?

I've been out of touch with fanka iyo sugaanta for a long time and I need to catch up @Unionist

It is hard to make money from making movies and music for Somalis, both back home, as well as in the diaspora. We would rather rip the DVDs or borrow them from someone who ripped them. Abdisalan Atto (the owner of Bartamaha YouTube channel) made an effort to produce professional-level films in the past and even went a step further to screening his movies at theaters first before releasing them on DVDs but he didn't make anything lately. The last I knew he was working with the Somali government (helping them with the TV channel and such I think). All the other attempts of movie-making were amateur after the above-mentioned 2 Qabyo's, Rajo & Flight 13 etc.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
It is hard to make money from making movies and music for Somalis, both back home, as well as in the diaspora. We would rather rip the DVDs or borrow them from someone who ripped them. Abdisalan Atto (the owner of Bartamaha YouTube channel) made an effort to produce professional-level films in the past and even went a step further to screening his movies at theaters first before releasing them on DVDs but he didn't make anything lately. The last I knew he was working with the Somali government (helping them with the TV channel and such I think). All the other attempts of movie-making were amateur after the above-mentioned 2 Qabyo's, Rajo & Flight 13 etc.
He's actually the spokesman of the Federal Government of Somalia. Big transition from what he was doing before. Same with Xiirane, he works for the Federal Government as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending