Somali mothers of mixed-race kids establish an organization to stop discrimination against their children

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Children in Somalia born to one Somali and one foreign parent face discrimination, rejection and a lack of identity, according to a local association set up to support mixed-heritage people.

The Somali Iska-Dhal Association helps both the children and their mothers as they deal with these issues.

Its leader Aisha Jama, says her child was ridiculed at school because of his background. She has never managed to track down her child’s father who was from Uganda and was stationed in Mogadishu as part of the AMISOM peacekeeping mission.

“The [children] need support, they need to be comforted that they are Somalians and that they are entitled to all the constitutional rights,” Mr Jama told the BBC.

UmulKhayr Mahad, 26, had a daughter, who is now three, with a Turkish man who briefly came to the Somali capital for work.

She says whenever she calls the father, he agrees to come to confirm through a DNA test that he is the biological parent but has never shown up.

In another case, a 16-year-old boy who was born to a Somali mother and a Burundian father had to seek help at Halane military base when he wanted to find out who his father was.

“By God’s grace, in July 2020 they told me that they found my dad. I was very happy when we talked on phone. I am looking forward to meet him face-to-face,” he told the BBC.

After reading Human Rights Reports, I don't trust anything said about AMISOM rapist-Somali woman "couple".

Do you guys even know what happens? Somali male translators (pimps) bully and threaten Somali girls into being raped by AMISOM soldiers and if they dare speak out, they are threatened.
There are also cases of Somali girls/women who seek medical help who are assaulted.

Half-Turkish is far more likely to be voluntary and not based on a huge power-imbalance.

Last edited:
I just read that article, my favourite part:

“UmulKhayr has 3 previous kids born to a Somali man, who abandoned them for a leafy stimulant known as khat. Mahad says that her husband stole the money intended for the children’s milk formula and simply never returned. The last she heard, he was loitering in the city center, scrounging up the leftover stems from the bustling markets.” :susp:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

“UmulKhayr has 3 previous kids born to a Somali man, who abandoned them for a leafy stimulant known as khat. Mahad says that her husband stole the money intended for the children’s milk formula and simply never returned. The last she heard, he was loitering in the city center, scrounging up the leftover stems from the bustling markets.” :susp:

It’s very disheartening that you would make fun of mother’s who were seduced by foreigners. They were hungry and needy. These men, some soldiers, some Turkish men on a business trip who got this jungle fever, slept with them and now we got these children.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
After reading Human Rights Reports, I don't trust anything said about AMISOM rapist-Somali woman "couple".

Do you guys even know what happens? Somali male pimps bully and threaten Somali girls into being raped by AMISOM soldiers and if they dare speak out, they are threatened.
There are also cases of Somali girls/women who seek medical help who are assaulted.

Half-Turkish is far more likely to be voluntary and not based on a huge power-imbalance.

The AMISOM children were born out of coercion, Medical enticement and others needs.
Remember this one xalimo who revealed that she had a sickly elderly father and would take him to the Ugandese Military medical facility but that one of the higher brass of that military man got sexually interested in her and gave her two choices. 1. To sleep with him 2. To take her father somewhere else. She chose to sleep with him to salvage her father.

It’s very disheartening that you would make fun of mother’s who were seduced by foreigners. They were hungry and needy. These men, some soldiers, some Turkish men on a business trip who got this jungle fever, slept with them and now we got these children.
I’m not insulting her at all. She went through hell and back with Somali men which is why she was so vulnerable to the ajnabis. Especially when she said,

“After suffering through a terrible father, I was met with a terrible husband and thus thought that if I married outside my culture, I would be able to escape the fate of many Somali women. But was instead met with the harsh truth, that all men ain’t shit”

So profound.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP

Those 3 somali kids will fare better than their Turkish half sister in Somali society even with having that qasaro dad.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Not all iska dhal faces discrimination, like there are half Somalis forgein father who look 100% somali, they speak and look Somali like you will not notice.

Do you think that these type of half will be discriminated against

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Not all iska dhal faces discrimination, like there are half Somalis forgein father who look 100% somali, they speak and look Somali like you will not notice.

Do you think that these type of half will be discriminated against
It’s usually tough when the father is foreign as opposed to the mother. It’s the whole clan thing where if the mom is foreign, the kid is still Somali whereas if the father is Ugandan, then god help us

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It’s usually tough when the father is foreign as opposed to the mother. It’s the whole clan thing where if the mom is foreign, the kid is still Somali whereas if the father is Ugandan, then god help us
These ones are culturally Somali and pass easily as Somali, they don't got discrimination whatsoever, they get along with the rest of Somalis very easily.

Aah To Be From A Tuulo Is The Best
We Get Watch Shenanigans Of The Magaalo
terrence howard guitar GIF by HULU

Trending