Somali military official calls for war crimes in the fight against Al-Shabaab

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
This will just radicalise more people, the wives and relatives who are not apart of Al-shabaab in any way (not funding, spreading the message etc) should not be targeted.

The FGS is not in any position to make demands to people unless they can guarantee their security. Who would snitch on their relative if they know they could be easily killed.

World

VIP
Bruh, I don’t need to brush up on it, I lived back home.

You missed my point.

There will inevitably be innocent deaths from this policy as it is very hard to verify beyond reasonable doubt that someone is innocent.

So by targeting the wives and relatives of AS members, you will have some trigger happy soldiers that won’t do due diligence.

Even the US tries to stay clear from deliberately targeting relatives of terrorists as a policy.
the US tries to stay clear from killing relatives of terrorists? yet they drone striked the son of hassan dahir aweys 2 weeks ago?

btw where did he say “relatives of Al Shabab fighters”? there is no mention of that. he said women that are part of Al Shabab, not those married to al shabab fighters. also he said if you KNOW they are. there is no way to verify if a normal al shabab fighter isn’t an innocent person either. so what’s your point?

Bruh, I don’t need to brush up on it, I lived back home.

You missed my point.

There will inevitably be innocent deaths from this policy as it is very hard to verify beyond reasonable doubt that someone is innocent.

So by targeting the wives and relatives of AS members, you will have some trigger happy soldiers that won’t do due diligence.

Even the US tries to stay clear from deliberately targeting relatives of terrorists as a policy.
He didn't say target wives but women that are part of AS

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
the US tries to stay clear from killing relatives of terrorists? yet they drone striked the son of hassan dahir aweys 2 weeks ago?

btw where did he say “relatives of Al Shabab fighters”? there is no mention of that. he said women that are part of Al Shabab, not those married to al shabab fighters. also he said if you KNOW they are. there is no way to verify if a normal al shabab fighter isn’t an innocent person either. so what’s your point?

I said this earlier…

There’s a difference between “accidentally” killing a non-combatant (such as wife) in an operation and making it a policy to target them.

I put “accidentally” in quotes because we know it isn’t the case.

However, the difference between the two is that America doesn’t have a policy explicitly stating this whereas Somalia has this video.

Let me repeat, one person’s burden of proof is different to another’s. So the “if you know they are AS” will be given lip service.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I just listen to this audio, this guy is sick, undefendable. He should be sacked and charged for calling unlawful killings

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Very dangerous rhetoric from this warlord, HAG are known to kill women and children in the USC days and Hawadle clan drowned thousands of them in Jalalaqsi river, I am not surprised!

Trending