Somali men's clothing alternative

I remember a while back there was a huge discussion(as there has been many times) about somali men and how they wear dhar carbeed to weddings etc. Some men in the comments responded that we should bring back clothing like the one you see when you search up isaaq sultanate elders. While I agree, I also propose a different idea.

we bring back Go' iyo maro with a modern twist. How would this look like? These following AI images were made by @emperor7aviy on twitter. the credit belongs to him, I outlined some stuff which would be islamically prohibited in black color(bracelets and necklaces for men, garments below the ankle and the like. not sure about the tight waist belt stuff but I outlined that too just to be sure. I should mention im unaware about the ruling though. perhaps it's okay if it's not tight around the awrah.)

what are yall thoughts? I personally think it looks cool.

1712293571261.png

1712293647724.png

1712293660031.png

1712293671951.png

1712293685676.png

I remember a while back there was a huge discussion(as there has been many times) about somali men and how they wear dhar carbeed to weddings etc. Some men in the comments responded that we should bring back clothing like the one you see when you search up isaaq sultanate elders. While I agree, I also propose a different idea.

Macaw is and nice shaati with cimamad not good enough
we bring back Go' iyo maro with a modern twist. How would this look like? These following AI images were made by @emperor7aviy on twitter. the credit belongs to him, I outlined some stuff which would be islamically prohibited in black color(bracelets and necklaces for men, garments below the ankle and the like. not sure about the tight waist belt stuff but I outlined that too just to be sure. I should mention im unaware about the ruling though. perhaps it's okay if it's not tight around the awrah.)

View attachment 323477
View attachment 323478

View attachment 323479
View attachment 323480
View attachment 323481

well this is more casual cultural clothing. This also imo looks wayy better than a macawiis and shaati with cimaamad. an cimaamad can be incorporated into these though

for weddings we could expand on these and make them more flashy or bring back clothing like this

1712294158921.png
1712294182908.png

thobes arent bad but they dont look as good as the AI images imo.

also, its nice to have something culturally somali rather than scavenge clothing from other ppls dhaqan

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP

View attachment 323477
View attachment 323478

View attachment 323479
View attachment 323480
View attachment 323481
Am not wearing this dress 💀

View attachment 323477
View attachment 323478

View attachment 323479
View attachment 323480
View attachment 323481
I’m too invested into thobes. You gotta do a thobe buy back for me to change my ways.

I like it, but that kind of draped fabric looks best on slim or muscular people. A lot will opt out because it'll make them look weird especially overweight/obese people. Personally, I would wear it.

I like it, but that kind of draped fabric looks best on slim or muscular people. A lot will opt out because it'll make them look weird especially overweight/obese people. Personally, I would wear it.
clothes in general look weird on fat people ngl. draped clothes also generally look better on fat folk than fitted clothing. Also, if this motivates folk to lose a few pounds thats good

Trending

Latest posts