Somali men; bring back traditional Somali clothing

@CaliTedesse

Look at this proud nomad with his halimo behind him.. Looks so fresh and confident.

81dd21d5ec09f4ce5d3d6898295af774-jpg.47610

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
To be fair a macawiis should only be worn as a pyjamas

I think the picture of the somalis from back in the day you posted

Looks good but we need just some small tweaks and adjustment than it Will look even better

Even Somalis in Harar dress like Indian/Omani hybrids;

220px-Old_man_in_Harar.jpg

If it's so easy for you to change your clothes in your homeland, you will lose everything else easily also.

What is this?

Cs7WI-hUsAAiNlh.jpg

They are all dressed beautiful and befitting a Somali elder. Someday I will look like these Inshallah.

Allow soomaali dhowr oo nabadda iyo caanaha ugu deeq always.

Maybe you nomads would like to wear those dresses again but us nobles never wore those ugly garments View attachment 73993 View attachment 73994
:gucciwhat:Not all of us were nomads, some of us were city dwellers, Sultans and Navy men.

We need to stop painting everyone as a reer baadiyo type

I don’t know why all Somalis are being grouped under camel herders. Both sides from my family are established city dwellers and have a long history of being merchants and economic officials.

I'm royalty sxb that's how royalty dressed you want the royal family of England to dress like the common folk when they never done so in their life
My point is if you go back far enough we all dressed this way. You may have evolved from it and had sultanates but no need to hate on it. We're also not the only ones who dressed this way.

A picture from the book "Life and Death among Somalis". Somalis always looked bad ass as nomadic people.

img_1530.jpg

The Quotes that went along with the picture:

“A Somali always felt himself to be twice as good as any white man, or any other kinds of the man at all and still does, even when he is wrong. Islam does wonders for the self-respect of non-white people and Christianity is right to worry about the spread of Islam in Africa, and must honestly face the question of why it has happened – ”

“Of all the desiccated, bitter, cruel, sun-beaten wildernesses which starve and thirst beyond the edges of Africa’s luscious, jungled centre, there cannot be one more Christless than the one which begins at the northern foot of Mount Kenya and stretches to the foothills of Abyssinia, and from there to the dried-out glittering tip of Cape Gardafui where the hot karif winds blow in from where the long shark’s race under the thin blue skin of the ocean. You can never think of those wildernesses without thinking of daggers and spears, rolling fierce eyes under a map of dusty black crinkly hair, of mad stubborn camels, rocks too hot to touch, and blood feuds whose origins cannot be remembered only honoured in the stabbing. But of all the races of Africa, there cannot be one better to live among then the most difficult, the proudest, the bravest, the vainest, the most merciless, the friendliest; the Somalis.”

Last edited:
It looks good akhi, I won't lie, but need more muscular physique. I have great ideas akhi, but I will keep to myself and inshallah bring to Somali people in future.
Our physique is adopted to the environment we inhabit brother.. If being muscular would help anything our Madow naighbours wouldn't have ended as slaves in the millions. The old Somalis like the one pictured was no one to joke around with sxb.

Nin-culus

Laandheer
A picture from the book "Life and Death among Somalis". Somalis always looked bad ass as nomadic people.

img_1530.jpg

The Quotes that went along with the picture:

“A Somali always felt himself to be twice as good as any white man, or any other kinds of the man at all and still does, even when he is wrong. Islam does wonders for the self-respect of non-white people and Christianity is right to worry about the spread of Islam in Africa, and must honestly face the question of why it has happened – ”

“Of all the desiccated, bitter, cruel, sun-beaten wildernesses which starve and thirst beyond the edges of Africa’s luscious, jungled centre, there cannot be one more Christless than the one which begins at the northern foot of Mount Kenya and stretches to the foothills of Abyssinia, and from there to the dried-out glittering tip of Cape Gardafui where the hot karif winds blow in from where the long shark’s race under the thin blue skin of the ocean. You can never think of those wildernesses without thinking of daggers and spears, rolling fierce eyes under a map of dusty black crinkly hair, of mad stubborn camels, rocks too hot to touch, and blood feuds whose origins cannot be remembered only honoured in the stabbing. But of all the races of Africa, there cannot be one better to live among then the most difficult, the proudest, the bravest, the vainest, the most merciless, the friendliest; the Somalis.”
Amazing bro Hook me up with some books man:it0tdo8:

Trending