Somali men; bring back traditional Somali clothing

AussieHustler you in this thread

Screenshot_20190613_102809.jpg

I've noticed this weird behaviour on this site. As if our roles were static and you couldnt be an urban dweller and have family who were pastoral or grow up a nomad and become an urban dweller or be a nomad and be a warrior. It's like English people being ashamed of their traditional culture because they had empires later.

The entire Somali culture is centred around pastoralism and our name and language shows that. No real Somalis are ashamed of this. If you have an issue with this maybe it's time for you to go by a new name? You are after all named after these people and not the other way around.

Also post some pics of your traditional clothing because the clothing above is Arab influenced and recent.
I'm royalty sxb that's how royalty dressed you want the royal family of England to dress like the common folk when they never done so in their life

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I don't see a big deal in wearing whatever you want, express urself and be comfortable with ur desired fit :)

I agree with you generally and about the gulf arab gowns, but why do you assume the macawiis is asian? Why are some Somalis so quick to attribute everything to others? It reeks of insecurity. I can’t imagine some south asian crying about the macawiis and wanting to get rid of it because it’s part of Somali culture, or even Yemenis. Macawiis is as Somali as it gets lol. And the hats have been with us for centuries and are straight out of Barawa, they’re called Koofiyed Barawa and Somalis are most well known for them not Omanis.

But I agree generally Somali guys should start wearing cultural attire to weddings, and the robes are perfect.

Also, what about these robes in the image? I don’t think I’ve seen them worn by any other group I assume it’s a unique design to Somalis. I mean the black and red robes with the gold embroidery on the chest.

39064D14-CD75-4B69-AB56-7D2A160C834E.png

*Ignore the nazi symbols :tacky:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Why the hell should we mimic the clothing of our lowest class the dirty rural people. Somalis should wear the clothes of their traditional historic figures.

We got both macawis and koofiyad from Arabs and they got macawis from southeast Asians. Even the word koofiyad is from the Yemeni Arabic word koofiya. Every culture has been influenced by other cultures. It's not unique to Somalis. Even though macawis is from southeast Asia it's still part of Somali culture.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
omg nearly all your posts are trash, you need to be trolling.
You are trash qumayo I am a visionary and know what would make us look very appealing I mean even the Habeshi they tend to marry in the garment of the Abyssinian Monarch. Why should we go by life as dirty peasant nomads.

You are trash qumayo I am a visionary and know what would make us look very appealing I mean even the Habeshi they tend to marry in the garment of the Abyssinian Monarch. Why should we go by life as dirty peasant nomads.
respect yourself, people take their traditional clothing and modernize it. Also the robes in the pic I shared are nice.

your constant self flagellation is repulsive warya cut it out.

Trending