Somali man getting disowned by his family due to his job

Somalis are backwards. They will be doing these jobs when they first immigrate to the west but look down on it back home. Makes no sense. This also stems from the noble clans being xoolo dhaqatos. Being a pastoralist is also kind of labor intensive as well but maybe having animals showed wealth?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
And here I thought I could one day open a waste management company to clean up muqdisho :farole:

There right, this is menial meaningless labor that
Isn’t really needed especially in a country like Somalia where they all wash there own clothes or get the maids to do it anyways:bell: there smart in trying to end this and having him focus on more locical and applicable fields that are needed

You just keep conjuring things out of thin air ain't you, David Copperfield would be proud of you.

Even his immediate family said we will send money to him for him to stop, they ain't smart at all since they haven't even said that they have a businesses plan for him or anything meaningful at all, besides if they were doing so good and are business minded he wouldn't even have to be in this field at all from the beginning.

All they said was they were ashamed and we wuz Sultans and this is below them to do that, these people are ignorant human beings that need to be taught, they are nothing but unadulterated jaahiils this shitty mind set needs to be destroyed once and for all, you have to start from the bottom and work your butt of to get somewhere in life simple as that.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Wallahi Somali people are so weird, being a cleaner is shameful but begging for money is seen as acceptable. Our people have completely misunderstood the concept of “sharaf”.

World

VIP
Since he owns the business he can make some decent cash i think

Probably couple hundred dollars a month

Northerners are very ignorant. This never happens in the south. The funny thing is apparently someone from the big clans in the north cannot be a barber. No wonder there is 80% unemployment rate in the north.

Tukraq

VIP
You just keep conjuring things out of thin air ain't you, David Copperfield would be proud of you.

Even his immediate family said we will send money to him for him to stop, they ain't smart at all since they haven't even said that they have a businesses plan for him or anything meaningful at all, besides if they were doing so good and are business minded he wouldn't even have to be in this field at all from the beginning.

All they said was they were ashamed and we wuz Sultans and this is below them to do that, these people are ignorant human beings that need to be taught, they are nothing but unadulterated jaahiils this shitty mind set needs to be destroyed once and for all, you have to start from the bottom and work your butt of to get somewhere in life simple as that.
It’s like opening a tanning salon in Saudi Arabia, it’s not really an applicable job in Somalia so its wise for his parents to want there son using his energy and resources in better yielding more useful fields, if this was my son I would dissuade him also, maybe if he lived in an urban center in America with poor people who couldn’t afford a washing machine or couldn’t do it them selves then a washing machine store would possibly be a good return on investment and require very little time or human resource, but that’s not the situation at hand in this guys case, also the pick yourself up by the bootstraps to get somewhere idea isn’t the correct one and isn’t how most get rich

It’s so weird his wife even rejected him paying the bills due to his job imagine how much your ego gotta be to refuse him paying the bills especially when you have kids involved
Waa mad woman as he should divorce her fot disrespectin him like this smh

Somalis are backwards. They will be doing these jobs when they first immigrate to the west but look down on it back home. Makes no sense. This also stems from the noble clans being xoolo dhaqatos. Being a pastoralist is also kind of labor intensive as well but maybe having animals showed wealth?
Yup exactly that

It’s like opening a tanning salon in Saudi Arabia, it’s not really an applicable job in Somalia so its wise for his parents to want there son using his energy and resources in better yielding more useful fields, if this was my son I would dissuade him also, maybe if he lived in an urban center in America with poor people who couldn’t afford a washing machine or couldn’t do it them selves then a washing machine store would possibly be a good return on investment and require very little time or human resource, but that’s not the situation at hand in this guys case, also the pick yourself up by the bootstraps to get somewhere idea isn’t the correct one and isn’t how most get rich

In hargeisa we had this gabooye woman come round and wash/iron our clothes. She made $5-10 depending on the quantitity of clothing, she would wash upwards of 40 families clothes 3 days a week and spend the rest of the week behind a small stall next to the sufi mosque fixing sandals/belts with her husband. Their combined income was easily over 400 dollars a week - upper/middle class standards in hargeisa. They did not live lavishly (jinqaad in the daami neighbourhood); whilst their sons apprenticed for an indian electrician and went to university - their daughter married off to an Isahaaq carre man.

:banderas:

Whilst the rest of marqaanland...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Somalis in the West are also picky when it comes to jobs and the second generation men are most laziest people I’ve seen, the women are much more reliable and hard working than the men from my own experience and I would choose these women iver them.

Back when I was young, I used to do all the cleaning and lifting while few other Somalis refused to do them and they got fired after that when they got caught. I never complained or reported because I would feel sorry if they get in trouble.

What’s sad is that their hard working fathers work 14 hours a day driving to feed their family because they have no education yet when all their sons grew up, they either stay home after finishing their course because they can’t find an “office” job and still leech their daddy’s (who are now old) money or work as a security guard.

There are 20K Somalis in Australia whom most live in Melbourne. Tradies earn more than $60K a year and manual laborers earn over $30 an hour which is more than the so called “superior” desk jobs. Yet, there are no Somalis in the trade industry who are in demands. I know this because I used to take an electrical apprenticeship for 4 years before moving to telecommunications engineering and is aware of the environment in the industry.

There’s been an influx of South Asians overseas who took advantage of the technical jobs here because Aussies don’t want to work despite $$$ when second generation Somalis could’ve taken advantage of it.

I’ve also noticed it’s a trend that the second generation Somalis are now working as a security guard, very similiar to what the first generation did as a taxi driver which led me to think that Somalis don’t like working for others nor like being dictated what to do but for themselves.

My cousin was an accountant in the UAE then when he came here to get married, he took a forklift license course then got a casual role immediately afterward in a big company that paid him $40 an hour while looking for an accounting job, same thing for some others, my uncle who worked the shittiest job in Saudi Arabia and now works in a office job in a Kuwaiti embassy at Canberra. My dad worked non-stop for 18 years before finally opening his own business.

This debunk the bullshit that jobs are hard to find, you just have to do the shittiest job while at the same time looking for a good one. Beggars can’t beg.

Last edited:

Your just talking for the sake of talking right, you want me to to post sources of tanning in Saudi Arabia okay.

http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/845191

https://www.beautynailhairsalons.com/SA/Riyadh/191728-1/genre/185600691480842/Tanning+salons

By the way you always have to work hard and most importantly work smart, if you don't combine those two you ain't going that far no matter what!.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Another thing is where the hell are those men in shops? All I see is Somali women managing them.

I’ve lost count how many times I’ve been to their homes only to have these friends waking up at 3:00pm while their mothers and sisters are working outside and their fathers still driving around after 14+ hours work. :snoop:

@Tukraq i see that you will fully skimmed over the rest of my comment, like i said before what business plan do they have for him ? Infact do they own any business at all, instead of insulting him all the time.

Seriously i use to think you were a mature intellectual individual, ileen ciyaal bataheey that can easily be confused by a mere forum smh, have a good day.

Trending