Somali lore stories

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Is there a compiled list or library of somali myths and legends/folk lore? I'd like to start a manga project on one for fun.

Just drop any suggestions down below. If you know any myths please share with us!

NidarNidar

Punisher
I remember this story my aunty told me when I was 4, the story was about a father and his 2 daughters, their mother recently passed away and his new wife wanted him to get rid of his two daughters, so he pretended to take them on a trip to a distant family member.

His first daughter was cautious and smart, but the other daughter wasn't, he made camp and as the girls slept, he abandoned them.

As they woke up from their slumber, they noticed their father was absent, they were in unfamiliar territory, unable to get back home, and their father abandoned them, the first few days they didn't need any water or food, since their father left them enough provisions.

The younger of the siblings ventured off, eventually finding a cave, there was a pot of honey, a pot of ghee and a pot of jerky in ghee, she stuffed herself, she was so full she wasn't able to get away when she heard a noise, the owner of the pots was over 7 foot, big a hairy, it could talk, the younger sibling screamed, but the oldest kept quiet and hid behind a couple of boxes, the Buuti ran and grabbed the girl, annoyed she eat her food.

I don't remember anything after this until the end of the story when she saves her sister.

I remember this story my aunty told me when I was 4, the story was about a father and his 2 daughters, their mother recently passed away and his new wife wanted him to get rid of his two daughters, so he pretended to take them on a trip to a distant family member.

His first daughter was cautious and smart, but the other daughter wasn't, he made camp and as the girls slept, he abandoned them.

As they woke up from their slumber, they noticed their father was absent, they were in unfamiliar territory, unable to get back home, and their father abandoned them, the first few days they didn't need any water or food, since their father left them enough provisions.

The younger of the siblings ventured off, eventually finding a cave, there was a pot of honey, a pot of ghee and a pot of jerky in ghee, she stuffed herself, she was so full she wasn't able to get away when she heard a noise, the owner of the pots was over 7 foot, big a hairy, it could talk, the younger sibling screamed, but the oldest kept quiet and hid behind a couple of boxes, the Buuti ran and grabbed the girl, annoyed she eat her food.

I don't remember anything after this until the end of the story when she saves her sister.
Have you heard about the one where a boy lies to the entire village about their animals being eaten twice??โ€ฆand the third time he was telling the truth but nobody listened?

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP

Trending