Somali Leftists

The biggest problem in America is the electoral college.

Second is ignorance.

I agree.

The electoral college is the primary reason the Republicans are still contenders in the political environment.

The public in European democracies seem to be politically better informed and aware, but I think structural changes would be significantly more beneficial than having to rely on the public to make the right choice at every turn.

The structural changes I have in mind would remove the election of candidates at all levels of Government; people would only vote for platforms and policies and leave the implementation of the elected policies to technical experts, staff and civil servants in the Ministries and Departments of Government.

Elections (for candidates) are essentially just popularity contests in which the wealthiest, most charismatic, photogenic and over-promising demagogues vie for power.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Majority of Somalis in the West vote leftwing, but do not hold the values of leftwing parties in the West, especially not when it comes to social issues or even on climate change many don't seem to care.

Most Muslims in the West are either centrists or outright conservatives at heart bribed by the Western Left with gibs, anti-racism protections, and loose immigration policies. If the left were to drop those issues (unlikely, but let's say hypothetically) then support for the left by Muslims in the West would quickly disappear.

in the natural setting of things their is nothing like left or right their is just wrong or right. this are terms conjured up by exploiters to confuse the populace. what is right is equitable distribution of public resources and meritable competition on private resources with no limits. even god did not create people equally economically
and intellectually only morally and thats why he only judges the morals. even islam exhorts able people to work it does not encourage the hand that begs but it also created a welfare sysytem (baitul-mal) for the needy and weak. the current capitalist system malaise doesnt rest on the freedom of private capital which is completely right but on the unequal relation of labour and capital.
in the current system labour is rewarded well below its contribution
in what is joint venture between it and capital in production. what urgently needs to be revisited is the wage system. put more money in labours pocket and cut of corporate taxes completely and let labour pay for whatever services they need from their enlarged wages and cut the middleman and the big exploiter from the process. let them just sstick to defense and security .let all other service be run by private enterprise with a well paid population able to pay for themselves. government should just supervise and regulate, more like a referee. they have no business
in business.

one more thing cut off all corporate taxes we reward entrepreneurship not tax it. and put every body on a flat individual tax on their income. the 2.5 percent islamic one. thats what goes to the government for its security defence and judiciary needs and the baitul-mal period.

Apollo

VIP
In the Netherlands they got a migrant focused political party because of the low barrier to entry (no 5% entrance barrier like in Germany, no first-past-the-post like the UK), and that migrant party is socially conservative + economically liberal. I think Scandinavian countries will eventually also have these types of parties, Muslims breaking away from the white left.

PF_11.29.17_muslims-update-23.png

The majority of somalis are poor so they are mostly in the left, at least those living in the west.
In the Netherlands they got a migrant focused political party because of the low barrier to entry (no 5% entrance barrier like in Germany, no first-past-the-post like the UK), and that migrant party is socially conservative + economically liberal. I think Scandinavian countries will eventually also have these types of parties, Muslims breaking away from the white left.

Sweden is finished

Roughly a third of American voters think that the Marxist slogan “From each according to his ability to each according to his need” appears in the Constitution. About as many are incapable of naming even one of the three branches of the United States government. Fewer than a quarter know who their senators are, and only half are aware that their state has two of them.

Periplus, that piece speaks to your earlier post about ignorance in the electorate; I honestly think that it's worst in Africa -- especially with the interplay of tribal and clan identities.

I don't think we should have candidates for positions of power that are voted in by the public anywhere in Africa.

We should replace the entire electoral system with sortition and Citizens Assemblies -- jury-duty applied to politics.

Sortition would greatly reduce the prospects of sinister State takeover, nepotism, kleptocracy and corruption.

In addition to mandatory psychiatric evaluations necessary to screen out grandiose, psychopathic and sociopathic people... a body should be established to determine the most suitable candidates; this body would screen out criminal, hostile, vain, uncooperative, incompetent and corrupt people.

The sortition criteria should require as a minimum a high school diploma or a trades qualification -- and this would truly be representative; it would also require a comprehensive education and training program covering a period of 2 years.

The education and training program would cover units on constitutional law, human rights, separation of powers, economics, budgets and economic history. There would be units on writing legislation and committee meetings & hearings.

Sortition members would only serve for 5 years and could never return; Government Departments and Ministries would be technical in nature but would come under the purview of sortition members.

Executive power is highly concentrated in Africa, so the office of the Presidency should be scrapped and replaced with an Executive Council of at least 5 members -- just like Switzerland's 7 person Executive council; this Executive Council should make decisions on consensus -- hence the odd number.

These Executive Council members would serve for 1 term of 5 years -- without the possibility of ever returning.

Even in regard to my proposal that 'general' elections should be contingent on policies... it shouldn't be an exercise in which millions of people take part; every municipality, county and State should each contribute 99 members in the form of Citizens Assemblies...

..It would be significantly easier to properly inform 99 members in Citizen Assemblies of the details of each policy proposal with the help of experts and policy representatives.

There are problems with Citizens Assemblies in their current form, but if properly attuned, randomly selected and made enforceable... they can replace 'general elections'.

Assembly members should be representative; guaranteed to be randomly selected; should be retained; and should be substantially compensated for their civic duty.

This sortition and Citizens Assembly system would remove career politicians and political parties from parliament altogether; there would be no more sham elections and lifetime 'Presidents'.

Psychopathy in politicians

Last edited:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
:dead::deadpeter::mindblown:

You're wildin
No I’m being real, libs and conservatives and evil af. I thought liberals were good till I did research on them, they act all pro-women pro-refugee pro-muslim, but they are evil. You know how the romans fell? And the greeks? That’s how the liberals want everyone to fall. They going the same route. They claim to be all benevolent and shit but pass 1 billion+ Bills to israel to continue bombing palestine then say they want to help third workd countries but all they talk about is climate change (what they caused not us poor countries 💀) and promoting lgbt to poor uneducated oppressed and dying people. Like what happened to end poverty? Education? Women’s rights? Equality? Good leadership?

No I’m being real, libs and conservatives and evil af. I thought liberals were good till I did research on them, they act all pro-women pro-refugee pro-muslim, but they are evil. You know how the romans fell? And the greeks? That’s how the liberals want everyone to fall. They going the same route. They claim to be all benevolent and shit but pass 1 billion+ Bills to israel to continue bombing palestine then say they want to help third workd countries but all they talk about is climate change (what they caused not us poor countries 💀) and promoting lgbt to poor uneducated oppressed and dying people. Like what happened to wnd poverty? Women’s rights? Equality? Good leadership?

I get where you're coming from.

Leftists and Liberals are different and are opposed to each other; Leftists dislike Liberals for precisely the reasons you outlined.

Liberals support U.S. and Western imperialism; they support forever wars; they support funding wealthy, right-wing States like Israel; they support dictators in the global South; they support the Wall-Street-Washington consensus. Leftists are opposed to all of these things.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Leftist social ideology is detrimental in general. Murdering babies and calling it “choice”, forcing women into the same bathroom as men under the guise of protecting trans, interfering with how parents discipline their kids etc. Look at what leftist ideology has done to the black community in America. The government and non-profit organizations have replaced Tyrone as the father figure in 75% of black households

As for the economy, I’m cool with government stimulating the economy by providing benefits to people. I’m also in favour of entrepreneurs competing with one another and the consumer being the ultimate judge. Against corruption and cronyism obviously

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
The biggest problem in America is the electoral college.

Second is ignorance.
60m people with brains voted for a guy who thought windmills caused cancer. The people on the other end of the spectrum are not much better

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP

Man the Admin sure knows how to choose intelligent people for Staff. All staff are intelligent including Abdi Gaal Doon. Good thing this ain't a dumb or dead Somali forum. You staff people have amazing grammar and English so I know y'all educated. I was almost born in America and my grammar and writing still suck lol 🤣