Somali language challenged niggas get in here

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
You can't call a southie naayaa tho, that's a suicide mission.
Have u wondered south somalis live in most danger place in all somaliweyn but soft when they speak

reer woqooy lives in most safest place in all somaliweyn but got the most harsh tone/dialect when they speak. Shit upside down

Is this really so different in the north? I had Waqooyi and Koonfur older girl cousins around as a kid and I remember both getting on my case whenever I said it as though I had cursed in English so I refrained from ever using it. Always found that funny as a kid. People use warya left and right but one naya and you have declared war.
:damn:
Yeah, Ive seen waqooyi girls getting offended, but they dont care much if you know them. But southern girls, doesn't matter who it is, you can't call them naayaa. They be like, naarta kanii niiki baastaryahow.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Have u wondered south somalis live in most danger place in all somaliweyn but soft when they speak

reer woqooy lives in most safest place in all somaliweyn but got the most harsh tone/dialect when they speak. Shit upside down

I think it is historical. The south was somewhat more "civilized" and settled in the early modern and probably also the medieval periods for the most part due to the greater fertility down there thanks to the two rivers. The urban centers over there also seem like they were bigger and more prominent like when you compare old Saylac to old Xamar.

Whereas if you read accounts like this book you'll notice the north from Bari to Awdal was very much akin to a place like Arabia historically. Some coastal urban centers here and there that were pretty much fishing villages in a lot of cases, a few settled farmers and agro-pastoral people where it was possible but the majority of the place was very arid and wandered by pastoral nomads who were living the true, authentic Somali culture and engaging in raids and trickery on a near daily basis. The north also seems to be the Somali homeland and I feel the proper north dialects are basically the asil and not softened up Somali.

Trending